Back to Advanced Valuation and Strategy - M&A, Private Equity, and Venture Capital

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Advanced Valuation and Strategy - M&A, Private Equity, and Venture Capital by Erasmus University Rotterdam

Hi and welcome to this course! Would you like to learn about the latest valuation methods that may help you to make better business decisions? Then 'Advanced Valuation and Strategy – M&A, Private Equity, and Venture Capital' by Erasmus University Rotterdam is the right course for you! This course is helpful for executives that need to value complete strategies and for all students interested in corporate finance and strategy. We present the latest tools and show you how to apply them! We will revolutionize your way of decision making, by extending static techniques from corporate finance with dynamic methods to quantify strategic thinking. Traditionally, we assess the attractiveness of an investment as a mature business, where future cash flows mainly result from past decisions. But, in an ever-changing world, strategic decisions determine the firm’s long-term success and market value. Yet managers often have to consider these long-term implications using intuition and experience alone, with little guidance from structured, quantitative analysis. Our treatment goes far beyond the use of standard valuation analysis. We introduce the expanded NPV, which brings together DCF, real options, and game theory. Thinking in terms of options, games, and adaptive strategies may help managers address strategic questions such as: How do you value a leveraged buyout? How can you value a high-tech venture with negative cash flows? When should you invest in new ventures in stages? How can you incorporate rival bidders in the analysis? The tools we provide can improve your decisions in business and in daily life. * Who is this class for? We hope that our course appeals to (graduate) students in finance, economics, and business, as well as to high-ranking professionals and a general audience. This course is particularly interesting for venture capitalists, private equity investors, investment bankers, CEOs, CFOs, and those who aspire these affiliations. We offer this MOOC at 3 levels: 1.Executive Summary: This 1-week module provides critical insights into the principles of corporate valuation and strategy. This is accessible for time-constrained executives and the general audience without any prior knowledge. 2. Student Level: This level involves an understanding of the technical details. This level requires basic knowledge of concepts in corporate finance, e.g., the time value of money, financial statement analysis, capital structure, and the relation between risk and returns. Learners of this level can skip week 1. 3. Honors Level (honors certificate): This level is challenging, engaging, and compelling to an intellectually rigorous student....

TF

Feb 28, 2020

Demanding at times but overall one of the better courses that make you think before you have to answer. I also enjoyed the ability to do some extra work if you are into honorable certificate.

F

Jul 24, 2019

It was challanging and the first part might get you frustrated, but the course is rich with resourses and I 100% would recomend this to whom ever wants to learn more about corporate finances.

26 - 50 of 89 Reviews for Advanced Valuation and Strategy - M&A, Private Equity, and Venture Capital

By Daan H

Oct 25, 2018

Well taught course with instructive and clear videos which introduce the topics, further elaborate on them as well as clearly provide explanations of practice problems. Thereby, it consists of many exercises and practice questions for you to do. Overall a clearly and well constructed course from which I learned a lot.

By Eustace S

Feb 29, 2020

I found the course quite insightful but got a little trouble with the terminologies. Nonetheless additional research and reading contributed to better understanding of the course material.

The key to the learning was the exercises /quizzes and the insights provided in the answers.

Overall a very good programme.

By Ali M

Oct 05, 2018

The course provides great insights into corporate finance and strategy. The concepts are explained in a well detailed way. Additionally, through its interactive character, the course is a fun way to learn about valuations and startegy in the context of M&A and private equity/venture capital.

By Chandra A

Jul 30, 2019

This course is really useful and gives you an expanded view of Business Valuation. I think this knowledge would be necessary if you're projecting yourself to work as an Investment Analyst. This will also be useful in the long run if you're in the position of strategic decision making.

By Kevin V

Oct 05, 2018

This course gave me a clear overview of valuation & strategy and how it is used in practice. Furthermore, the topics of real option valuation and game theory were very interesting.

If you are still thinking about taking this course, stop thinking and just do it! You will not regret it.

By Sreekumar P

Sep 21, 2019

The course was very informative and eye opener for me. As I am not from finance background it was an uphill task for me to understand the terns and concepts. Thank you for the course. If you could have excel sheet templates for all topics it would be a great help.

By Joerg P H

Mar 12, 2020

great course for linking valuation and strategy in the mentioned fields, but the knowledge is also applicable in other decisions under uncertainty with major impact with regards to path dependencies i.e. for personal life. I recommend it for finance professionals.

By Mahmoud R F P

Jan 06, 2020

I believe this course is the most useful one within online educational sources of finance and valuation subject. Indeed, it includes Real Options Theory and Game Theory which you can find them just in the most prestigious universities with expensive tuition fees.

By Douglas S

Mar 18, 2020

Excellent course, I learned a lot of new concepts and the format was such I had to work to understand in depth to pass the certificate tests. The instructor, Professor Han Smit was very engaging and explained the concepts very well

Would recommend this course

By Mohamed A

Sep 21, 2018

Well laid out course. High quality videos, challenging quizzes and interesting reading materials. Feel confident that I can apply the majority of the content taught on this course in my future career within the financial world!

By Marco F O C

Jul 04, 2019

I think could be valuable for this course, incorporate some exercises in excel or other spreadsheets to have a better comprehension and to get the lesson on pdf for reviewing the course before the quizzes.

By Cheryl S

Mar 01, 2020

Very comprehensive and well-taught. I learned a tremendous amount of valuable material, and the content was about as challenging as in my MBA courses. This is honestly the best online course I've taken.

By Tobias F

Feb 28, 2020

By Han

Sep 20, 2018

Excellent course. This course brings together the best insights from strategy and corporate finance. Highly recommended for corporate strategists and M&A professionals.

By Béla B

Oct 04, 2018

Great and clear video's on the study material. Very energetic teacher who's enthousiasm was passed on to me to work even harder to score a good grade for the subject!

By Lars v R

Sep 20, 2018

Very nice structured course! The videos with slides are working very well for studying. Please don't make the exam too hard :-).

By Saksham J

Mar 26, 2020

Excellent course content along with a challenging sets of assignments that actually made me practice the content thoroughly.

By Daniel L

Aug 04, 2019

This is rigorous programme has enabled me to apply the concepts taught immediately into my current job. Thank you!

By Ziloy C

Oct 18, 2018

Great course with thorough explanations on the vital elements of state of the art valuation techniques.

By Serge K

Dec 17, 2018

Very accurate Courses in this complex field. Great!! and happy to be one of auditors.

By Tom N

Jul 24, 2019

Good introductory course on an interesting topic - has inspired me to learn more!

By Trang T Q D

Jan 31, 2020

Very informative and applicable to my job! Best value course on Coursera

By 赵泽民

May 02, 2019

The explanations of the answers to some exercise are very helpful.