Back to Digital Media and Marketing Principles

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Digital Media and Marketing Principles by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

4.4

The Digital Revolution has led to a titanic shift in the landscape of marketing communications, while also creating new opportunities for businesses to reach and engage consumers through smart, social, and mobile media technologies. In this course, you will learn about the impacts of digital technologies on marketing communication strategies and practices. By understanding the underlying processes of marketing communication and the core features of new media technologies, you can strategically select the appropriate channels to deliver the right marketing message to the right audience at the right moment. You will be able to: - Examine marketing as a process of highly strategic communication - Understand the impacts of digital media and information technologies on communication and marketing - Develop a conceptual understanding of several digital marketing strategies - Consider the rise of exciting new technologies, such as AI, Internet of Things, and Mix Reality, as new tools for digital marketing This course is part of Gies College of Business’ suite of online programs, including the iMBA and iMSM. Learn more about admission into the program and explore how your Coursera work can be leveraged if accepted into a degree program at https://degrees.giesbusiness.illinois.edu/idegrees/....

SK
Sep 1, 2019

The course gives a introductory insight into the digital marketing. It'll enable the students of this course to introduce themselves to world of digital marketing. Thanks for this amazing course.

LM
Aug 29, 2015

Very good, informative and useful. My only wish is that the presenter was a bit more natural, rather than appearing to read the text off the screen all the time. But that is just a minor comment

51 - 75 of 597 Reviews for Digital Media and Marketing Principles

By Sabit A S

Nov 8, 2020

it was good oppartunity to study in this online lessons .

I really didn’t believe that in such a short time you can take enough knowledge, but I got more than I need and will continue to conquer the Internet marketing space )

By Shurma F

Dec 2, 2020

The different concepts taught showed me all what is involved in Digital Media and Marketing. It is a very detailed and involved process with the ultimate goal of attracting customers to purchase the product being advertised.

By Ivan R

Jan 15, 2021

Professor is sharing enormous amount of very practical and useful information's, additional readings are extraordinary, course is at first kind of confusing, but as you go everything is becoming more and more clear.

By Ntando F

Jul 26, 2020

Well presented thank you ILLINOIS University and Coursera for offering these online courses much appreciated you just changed my life with all the teams to stay safe in these hard times god bless your families

By RUKHSANA G G

Jul 19, 2020

This course is very informative. I learned new tools and techniques of digital marketing. Such as Social Marketing, mobile marketing and virtual and augmented reality and its application in marketing practices.

By Clement A A

Sep 10, 2020

This was really helpfully,not only for the social marketing aspect but for my own life and how am to carry myself in all that I do from now.It was really helpful and changed my perceptions about marketing.

By Maejoy T

Dec 3, 2020

This is an excellent course for those who are interested in Digital Marketing. This is a very important stepping stone especially in this age that we are using digital media almost everywhere at any time.

By Ege A

Nov 9, 2020

Improved my perception of Digital Marketing, totally worth the time and effort. I would like to thank Prof Yao for his dedication, and i recommend it to every economics/business students!

By Diane S

Sep 11, 2019

I really enjoyed this class and learning more about the digital vortex of advertising and marketing that our modern society is subjected to every minute of the day. Highly recommend!

By Gustavo A P

Feb 15, 2021

Great insights and well-structured course. The readings and interviews were of great quality and helped me to gain a superior understanding of the role of Digital Media in Marketing.

By ANIKET T

Jun 27, 2020

Special Thanks to Dr. Mike Yao is Professor of Digital Media and Department Head of the Charles H. Sandage Department of Advertising at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign.

By Sharlene V

Mar 11, 2019

This really is a tough, but deliciously interesting course. The lecturer does not mess around and demands your full attention at all times. If you do this course - you will love it.

By Belynda K Y N

Nov 22, 2020

Fantastic Course with easy to follow information and reads, examples and interviews on Digital Media and Marketing Principles for a beginner like me. Thank you Professor Mike Yao.

By Ott O

Dec 1, 2020

The first course, where I actually learned something new (and I've completed 5). It's a bit hard at first, but you definitely learn things. Recommend the most on Coursera!

By Tanzania N M

Nov 7, 2020

This course has definitely given me more perspective on marketing in general and the lecturer and his pace make learning easy. I am looking forward to the next step

By Svetlana A

Jul 20, 2021

I really enjoy listening and reading about marketing principles from professional way. Thank you for providing to such amazing opportunity to learn and know more.

By İhsan A

Dec 27, 2020

Professor of marketing, which is the most important skill of today's world. I got very important directions from Mike Yao. Thank you and I recommend it highly.

By Andile N K

Oct 6, 2019

Great course! I liked the structure of the modules and the assessments! My only request is that the content is updated to include recent data and statistics.

By Monica S

Jan 4, 2019

I enjoyed and enriched my knowledge taking the Digital Media and Marketing Principles course on Coursera. I highly recommend it to friends and colleagues.

By Emmanuel N K

Feb 11, 2021

Im grateful for the opportunity given me to study I must say that the journey demands intrinsic motivation and determination and at the end I feel happy.

By Hasanul E S

Jul 22, 2020

It was very amazing courses! I have learned many things of digital marketing that was very new for me. Honestly I would like to thanks to Coursera❤️

By Nadia P

Oct 25, 2020

Thank you to Professor Yao and the Coursera Team. You made light work of topics in digital marketing that I was somewhat intimidated by. Cheers!

By Vibol M

Dec 17, 2017

more dive deep understanding in marketing in new age of technology. Very useful and important for me to understand about this kind of landscape.

By GARVIT G

Jun 15, 2020

got the knowledge of digital media and its components in this course and also got the brief knowledge of digital marketing and its strategies.

By Sambhav P R J

Feb 11, 2019

Its Just Amazing Course I Found To Be Very Helpful And Also Inspiring One I Would Recommend This Course To Any One With Interest In Marketing.