Back to Introduction to Augmented Reality and ARCore

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Augmented Reality and ARCore by Google AR & VR

This class will teach you the fundamentals of augmented reality (AR), and how to build an AR experience using ARCore. Through the four week course, you'll learn: - How to identify different types of AR experiences - Tools and platforms used in the AR landscape - What makes AR feel "real" - Popular use cases for AR - How to create an AR use flow - How AR experiences work - Tools like Google Poly and Unity to build AR experiences - Next steps to start building an AR experience using ARCore and other tools This course will break down complex AR concepts to make them easy to understand, while also sharing expert tips and knowledge from Daydream's ARCore team. The course is great for beginners who are just getting started with AR or ARCore....

SB
Jun 1, 2021

this is the best course to learn , if you are interested in augmented reality , i gives you the basic knowledge of what augmented reality is and what resources you need to start your AR dev journey.

MH
Nov 27, 2020

This is a great course especially for a newbie to know the overview of AR and ARCore. This also can help expand the knowledge on how to use AR in better ways which are not solely for entertainment.

26 - 50 of 826 Reviews for Introduction to Augmented Reality and ARCore

Feb 11, 2019

I love it

By Matthew H

Feb 2, 2021

Week 1 and Week 2 were well conceived and executed. Weeks 3 and 4 feel rushed and you don't get the depth of information expected. It is disappointing that a key tool referenced in the course will cease to be available in March 21.

By Deepak K

Jun 19, 2020

Not useful for learning purpose

By Darian

Jul 11, 2018

I think the course is a good introductory piece into the building blocks of AR - I already recommended it on a Reddit sub. I've been reading for a few years about Magic Leap and also had the chance to try the Microsoft Hololens. I really really hope that in 10 years time there will be no more mobile phones, fewer TVs and maybe just a bluetooth keyboard and mouse paired to your HMD of choice instead of a laptop.This technology truly has the chance to revolutionize multiple fields out of which Education excited me the most. So here's hope to the arrival of the intermediate level course and to all creators who will make the world a better place.

By Anthony R

Aug 18, 2018

This was the second online course that I have completed (first one was Google Digital Marketing) and I am extremely satisfied! I loved short videos with a lot of real examples (compared to traditional long videos where there is one person talking and talking...) Good audio and video quality, resources and course structure. The only thing that I would suggest to improve is to add a hand-on project, maybe something like a "Hello World" for an AR app. I also would like to have a more advanced course to continue learning AR development.

By Boban A

Jul 26, 2020

A very introductory course but perfect to dip ones toes into the world of XR and start understanding the underlying important areas of the field. Did the course over a weekend and was able to continue my studies with C# straight away to prepare for next round of Coursera courses in the field ( all from Unity ). I would recommend this course to anyone that has dreamt of getting into the field since basics are A and O in building a strong foundation for any type of skill.

By Asran

Sep 17, 2020

From the title the course does what is promises. It gives an introduction into the field.

I expected it will show a few hands on examples in unity e.g. and not only discussions and reading material.

But since the course did what it promised and that in a good and structured approach i good not drop a star. First i wanted to give 4 ...but this would not be fair.

By Humayun O

Jun 5, 2020

Great Course. I wanted an introduction on how AR works and got to the point relevant understanding and used apps in AR on my mobile which has helped me tremendously. The course will help me to apply AR related cases in business and gaming. The course was not too long and all relevant details were provided with good links and reading materials. Thumbs up

By KOKILA S K G

Jan 13, 2021

Augmented Reality is a course where I can learn the difference between AR and VR. what is AR and how to use AR app. how it would be visible in real object, browse the google engine which support the AR. very very useful course for me to learn. because I am doing research in AR. Thank you so much for all the instructors who explained very well.

By Preet

May 25, 2019

It's a fantastic course for someone who is a complete beginner who don't know anything about AR and through this course you gonna learn what is AR and the fields in which it can be used and terminology related to AR and it's drawbacks. This is the best course for someone who wanna start with AR. I loved this course. Thanks for the course. :)

By Geetashree K

It was really wonderful experience learning right from the scratch describing all the essential components, risks and advantages that AR provides. I actually had double thoughts before enrolling to the course as I have literally zero idea on the topic but this course is like ABCD for the beginners. Thanks for providing the course to us :)

By Luis C

Mar 27, 2020

Muy bueno, aunque sólo es teórico, contempla las bases para poder entender los conceptos y hablar correctamente con los términos adecuados, así como comprender el funcionamiento y que contemplar al momento de general aplicaciones AR. Este debe ser el primer curso antes de tomar algo práctico.

By Anjani K I

Oct 19, 2020

It gives the learner a good knowledge of all Hardware and software, related to and its development. Helpful? one of the best I have done on the Coursera the videos are really quick nice and short so I didn't get bored not a single time. I just love the content and the teaching of mentors.

By Aniket S M

Apr 17, 2020

It was an awesome experience. By doing this course I actually got to know the basics of AR and the important key points that have to known before working in AR filed.

Thanks for this good experience and I am expecting more such a introductory courses which will provide basic knowledge.

By Lihini G

It is a good course for a beginner to understand the basics of AR. The course is well planned and each video tutorial take only very little time so that the listener does not get bored. How ever I suggest to include some activities involving use of the tools mentioned in the course.

By Mehul K

Mar 15, 2021

I found this course is fantastic. For new Begineer like me in AR, VR Space, it gives an overall idea, terminologies, Software used, Limitations of AR, VR in current technologies, etc.

This Course enhances my concepts and generates more interest to learn more about AR, VR technology.

By Dinusha G J

May 7, 2020

I'm pleased to say this opportunity was awesome. I learn a lot in AR as well as the virtual world concept. This course encourages me to do more self-study on AR and the tools relevant to AR through the course period even after the course also. Thanks Google and ARCore team.!

By Yashwanth M

Aug 15, 2020

This course actually deals with the basic fundamentals that any individual must posses before choosing his career in AR. It includes some major concepts of AR like Immersion , Occlusion and lot more stuff which make you understand of what augmented reality is all about.

By Marcelo L

Jul 1, 2018

Even though you don't get to "code" AR apps, it's a really great (and free) introductory course on AR and ARCore. I highly recommend this course for anyone that is new to AR and ARCore. If you already know ARCore or are very familiar with AR, don't take this course.

By Vaishali T

Oct 17, 2020

This gave an excellent introduction to AR, what it is, and what are its fundamentals. Although it could have given a more comprehensive description of ARCore. Also, the course could have given optional material on creating simple AR assets and storing it on ARCore.

By Anvesha

May 1, 2021

It was something I was learning for the first time and it didn't turned out to be intimidating at all! Rather m thinking about diving deep into it and make use all the free resources made available by Google to implement what I have learned all by myself .

By Wai F W

Jul 10, 2020

The courses was very helpful for me. It was well explained, and the revision note was very helpful for me to score the exam. I would like to rate 5 star because it was user friendly and i encourage all student learn this for extra knowledge, it was fun.

By Кравець А В

Jul 17, 2020

Hello! My name is Anna, I am from Ukraine and I would be happy to improve your course. I am interested in it and want to offer you my translation of its materials in Ukrainian for free. I think that it can be useful for me and other students)/

By rohan

May 8, 2020

It's a nice head start in understanding AR and its techniqual aspects and also help beginners start there journey in AR faster and smooth. It help students become comfortable with the concept of AR and help them find the scope of improvement