Battery Pack Balancing and Power Estimation, University of Colorado System
About this Course
In this course, you will learn how to design balancing systems and to compute remaining energy and available power for a battery pack. By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Evaluate different design choices for cell balancing and articulate their relative merits
- Design component values for a simple passive balancing circuit
- Use provided Octave/MATLAB simulation tools to evaluate how quickly a battery pack must be balanced
- Compute remaining energy and available power using a simple cell model
- Use provided Octave/MATLAB script to compute available power using a comprehensive equivalent-circuit cell model...