Back to English for Career Development

Learner Reviews & Feedback for English for Career Development by University of Pennsylvania

Welcome to English for Career Development, a course created by the University of Pennsylvania, and funded by the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, Office of English Language Programs. To enroll in this course for free, click on “Enroll now” and then select "Full Course. No certificate." This course is designed for non-native English speakers who are interested in advancing their careers in the global marketplace. In this course, you will learn about the job search, application, and interview process in the United States, while comparing and contrasting the same process in your home country. This course will also give you the opportunity to explore your global career path, while building your vocabulary and improving your language skills to achieve your professional goals. The first unit in this course will introduce the U.S. job application process and provide strategies for identifying the jobs that match your interests and skills. Unit 2 will take you through the steps necessary to produce a professional-looking resume. In unit 3, you will work to develop a clear and concise cover letter. The final unit of the course focuses on networking and interview skills. Anyone may take this course for free. If you want to get a Coursera Verified Certificate for free, please fill out the Financial Aid form. Unless otherwise noted, all course materials are available for re-use, repurposing and free distribution under a Creative Commons 4.0 Attribution license. Supplemental reading materials were provided by Newsela, which publishes daily news articles at a level that's just right for each English language learner....

EB
Jul 3, 2020

Thank you for letting us to use this opportunity at this pandemic situation.\n\nI find this course has a lot example which is unstandable and illustration and so efficient for newcomer and job seeker.

R
Jul 20, 2020

AN EXCELLENT COURSE. THE TEACHERS ARE OUT STANDING. THERE IS A CLARITY OF THOUGHT AND EXPRESSION IN THE TEACHERS. EVERY ONE WHO IS SEARCHING FOR JOB SHOULD DO THIS COURSE. CONGRATULATIONS TO THE TEAM.

276 - 300 of 3,417 Reviews for English for Career Development

By Minhal H

Apr 11, 2020

It is an excellent course and through this course I was able to improve my resume and cover letter. Videos about elevator speech and job interviews were very helpful. I truly hope this course "English for Career Development " open new doors of job opportunities for me.

By Samiur R

May 2, 2017

I enjoyed this course very much. The instructors were very good at their job. The entire course was well designed and the lectures were easy to follow. I also learned many new things. This course also helped me to brush up my English communication and interview skills.

By Sadia R

Jun 24, 2020

I learn many new and interesting things in this course. They teach us very well and I prefer to all students who will complete their studies or completed to do this course for the best job opportunity.

Thank you so much coursera team.

Wish you more progress for future.

By keerthiswaran d

Oct 8, 2019

The course is very good and detailed. I'm an experienced professional and still had learned many new things in this course, which would help everyone like me to looking for next level in their carrier.

Thanks for putting this course and my sincere Thanks to the Team.

By Larisa J

Jun 21, 2019

Dear Teachers,

I truly enjoy the course "English for Career Development". It was my first on-line course that I decided to take. It was clear, specific, clear goals, appropriate materials, questions, quizzes and good technical support.

Larisa Jenson

By Amanta M

Sep 6, 2020

I am so glad that I took up this course. The course provides you with all the basic knowledge or information that you need to have before you start applying for a job. The instructors have done a wonderful job in conveying the messages with utmost clarity. Loved it.

By Rowena T C

Jun 8, 2020

This is very much helpful especially to the student who want to apply or search a job. They can make a perfect start up of marketing themselves to the employer. For those who had already a career/job, it can help them refresh or updates their profile for future use.

By Larissa F D d S

Jun 10, 2019

O curso me ajudou a desenvolver as minhas metas profissionais, a entender quais são as minhas habilidades de trabalho e os pontos quais posso melhorar para atingir meus objetivos. Além disso, aprendi novos termos relacionados à carreira e melhorei minha comunicação.

By Nely S

May 8, 2017

É um curso muito bom com ótimos professores. Fundamental para quem deseja procurar emprego nos EUA, mas se faz útil mesmo para quem não tem essa pretensão no momento. Ótimas dicas sobre como escrever bons textos e como ter conversas de nível profissional. Recomendo.

By Mubarak M A

This is course has been a great learning and improving skills and I hope it has been the same for my other peers.

This is one of the best online courses I have ever had and I recommended for those who want to take a giant leap in their career.

I give stars and more !

By Зуб Т А

May 5, 2020

After completion of this course I got scattered information about resume structured. It will be interesting for people of different level and specialties who want to build a successful career.

I hope to find such a good course about European variant of resume - CV.

By Silas A

Apr 2, 2020

O curso foi muito importante para compreender como se estruturam os processos seletivos nos EUA. Foi surpreendente perceber que o funcionamento desse setores varia muito de pais para pais. Sinto-me bem mais preparado para aplicar por vagas de emprego neste mercado.

By Iliyana T

Nov 28, 2016

This course was very informative, well structured and with plenty of examples and exercises for the students. I learned a lot of things about the job search, applying and interviews in America and I hope my knowledge will help me in the future to find a better job.

By Orlando J

Excellent course. I do recommend it. Specially both instructors. I love the way both of them make their self clear at every slide. Also their body language , very assertive and effective. Thank you, so much. I do appreciate your support.

Best Regards,

Orlando Jayes

By Dr P D

Dec 20, 2020

Reading materials are excellent. The content is Very well illustrated with examples. Videos are very useful and appropriately used. Quizes and assisgnemnts are thoughtfully desigend. Overall, this is an excellent course and appreciate the effort by the faculty.

By Sadia N

Jul 8, 2020

By this course, People can learn a lot of enormous knowledge about writing resume, cover letter and facing interview to cope with the adverse situation in job field.

I learn a lot a things by doing this course and can do work in better ways to face my job field.

By Dr. G K D

Jun 9, 2020

This an overwhelming experience. I appreciate that there has never been a compromise on quality. Video lectures and assignments have been really very useful. I increased my general awareness too through the content shared during the course. Strongly recommended.

By Manjunatha S K

Jul 25, 2020

This course is really wonderful for the job seekers. Grammar is also kept to the level of Job interviews and not dragged with useless videos. I am happy that I learned plenty of things like writing a cover letter and answering a few typical interview questions.

By Yani R A

Jul 2, 2020

Too many most important things I learned about English Career Development and it made me understood everything I learned. I believe by this course, I will get the best job in my future endeavors. Thank you Coursera, Thank You for The University of Pennsylvania.

By Tiago M d O A

I loved being part of this course! I wanted to have this course because I wanted to know how to process of Job Searching works in the United States, the country of my dreams! Now I know how it works and how I can be prepared to a new job opportunity. Thank you!

By Jairo V D P

Jul 2, 2019

Unit 1: Assessment 2: Comparison of the Job Search Process. There is not chance for written answer. My video camera failed in my lap top. I will try to send from my phone. That is my point without solving. I finished all units. Thank you. Jairo Vicente Delgado.

By Hivda Z

Oct 26, 2020

And I have received my certificate successfully. This course taught me a lot. Even though I have never done a job, I now know how to find a job in the international field and what I have to do in this process.Thank you for everything.This course was wonderful.

By Rupesh K

Oct 10, 2020

I liked the online class videos ,quiz, assignment and reading material . The course teachers explained the details very well and content explained by them is very informative for learners .The teachers taught step by step which is good for new learner like me.

By Franco G G A

The course deals well with the main topics it offers, I was able to complement my knowledge of English and I was able to better understand certain things in which I had doubts. I have already recommended this course to my friends. Thank you for this good work.

By Adela T

Oct 19, 2020

English for Career development has an easy and effective way of teaching. I learnt style of writing resume and cover letter. This course is must for job searchers and job seekers. I liked the teachers and is grateful to them. I enjoyed learning this course.