Back to Child Nutrition and Cooking

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Child Nutrition and Cooking by Stanford University

Eating patterns that begin in childhood affect health and well-being across the lifespan. The culture of eating has changed significantly in recent decades, especially in parts of the world where processed foods dominate our dietary intake. This course examines contemporary child nutrition and the impact of the individual decisions made by each family. The health risks associated with obesity in childhood are also discussed. Participants will learn what constitutes a healthy diet for children and adults and how to prepare simple, delicious foods aimed at inspiring a lifelong celebration of easy home-cooked meals. This course will help prepare participants to be the leading health providers, teachers and parents of the present and future.The text and other material in this course may include the opinion of the specific instructor and are not statements of advice, endorsement, opinion, or information of Stanford University....

IV
Jul 24, 2021

Amazing how much I learned watching videos with all the exact words. Not only about nutrition, but about our planet and how to take care of it. Also very inspiring for having ideas for foods for kids.

ZP
Oct 6, 2015

This course is immensely informative, as well as fun! I loved the way Maya made things simple, with diagrams to accompany all of the the nutrition information. I hope she does more courses like these!

151 - 175 of 2,525 Reviews for Child Nutrition and Cooking

By Farrah M C

Aug 17, 2015

I really learned a lot. My baby is still 4 months old and I'm practicing to eat and cook healthily. I started reading labels and researching healthy alternatives of food. The way the information was presented was simple yet elegant. I'm hoping this course will have more lessons. I really enjoyed the current lessons.

By Stephanie D

Mar 19, 2019

This course taught me so much about how to provide healthy and nutritional foods for my family. it was easy to understand and follow along. I even had my young daughter watch parts of the course with me to get her involved. I also tried the recipes as well. Thank you for educating me on child nutrition and cooking!

By Roger O

Aug 8, 2021

Great course for beginners such as myself. HIGHLY recommend that you somehow put information to let people know that taking the Stanford Introduction to Food course before this one. I took this one first and realized that I should have taken them in the opposite manner. Great course and a few good recipes as well.

By RYAN D S O

Sep 25, 2015

My favourite course in Coursera! I was really surprised by this course. It’s a pleasant learning opportunity for people who want the best for their kids and it helps to promote healthy eating habits in their homes. Maya is an excellent teacher and all the staff made an wonderful job. Thank you for the opportunity!

By Jessica L

Aug 17, 2015

I enjoyed the mix of videos, demos and visually-oriented lectures. I learn best when I can see little drawings with main points, so that style of illustration was perfect for me. I appreciated the human touch as well, being able to see the instructor at home in her own kitchen, with her own children. Thank you!

By Dean P

Aug 20, 2018

Most of the lessons I found awesome! I personally believe that we should advice the consumption of grains, dairy and other allergens with some grain of salt, but in general I agree! great resource! I would love to see more things on child education and watch more children cooking and their opinions to the matter.

By Anusha

Sep 20, 2017

Love the way everything was made easy to understand. I also tried the sauce and pasta recipe and my kid -3years loved it. Thank you for initiating this course. thank you for your patience. Loved the way you drew diagrams. Your tactic of making your children involve in making food is super. I am trying that out!!!

By Miriam A S P

Feb 19, 2018

Aprendi muchas cosqas nuevas e interesantes en este curso, mucho sobre psicologia infantil a la hora de las comidas, tambien sobre el impacto de los tipos de los alimentos tanto al ser humano como al medio ambiente, la forma del curso es muy practica y te permita tomarlo completo y entenderlo con poco tiempo.

By Nathalie D

Nov 8, 2015

This class was very helpful in better understanding the nutritionnal values off various foods and how to best prepare them. It covers a wide variety of food related issues, such as the agro-industry, food safety, antibiotics, pesticides... and helps in atking informed decisions when preparing nutritious meals.

By Ursula L

Oct 14, 2015

Great and easy explained with video's and drawings. Loved the cooking demo's for some fresh and homemade meals. Also great for families with no children since there are basic food facts everyone should know about. Quizzes are fun and informative and the time needed to follow up was enough even with deadlines.

By Despoina S

Sep 14, 2015

I found it brilliant! Via this course people can understand in a simple way the difficult terminology of the nutrition and the part with the recipes was very helpful and cheerful especially for people who want to begin cooking simple, tasty and healthy food. Thank you for providing me such a wonderful course!

By Sharaine C

Jan 9, 2016

This was a great course with a lot of good information. I continue to use a lot of the suggestions that she gives in this course for my own benefit, as well as share with others. If you need some information about nutrition when it comes to children, this course will give you a great foundation to stand on!

By Gabriela R

Jun 2, 2020

No quería que terminara el curso, Maya hace que sea muy ameno. El curso me ayudó a reforzar muchas cuestiones sobre alimentación y nutrición, y me inspiró a investigar más por mi cuenta. Lo recomiendo a personas que estén buscando iniciarse en el mundo de la nutrición y mejorar sus hábitos de alimentación.

By Nicklas S

Jan 8, 2016

Both my wife and I are pleased to have come across a great course on Child Nutrition and Cooking. We happen to be aware as a family, but a reminder or new lesson is useful in the quest for a healthy family. Dr. Maya Adam is an excellent professor, one we trust immediately and can follow along. Thank you.

By Putri M

Nov 19, 2020

I'm so grateful to have an opportunity to join this course, I've learned a lot. The teaching method is fabulous, the lecture feels fun and the method makes us learn easier. The materials are complete and could be given in a little amount of time, and we still can catch up with the materials. Thank you

By Tambudzai T

Mar 28, 2018

This is a great course that should be taken by every parent and everyone working with children. Maya is so graceful when she teaches. I love all the recipes and I have done most of then at home for my 9 year old son, he loved them. Now when I go into a shop I start from the fruits and vegetables side.

By Buket F

Jan 19, 2016

Excellent course! I loved taking this course.

Eventhough I did not learn much new, I got assurance via this course, that what and how I cook for my 2 year old is healthy and the right way. ;)

While seeing some of the videos, I found it funny that I actually cook basically exact same way as Mrs Adams.

Es verdaderamente ultil este curso por todas la habilidades que se logran a través de todos los módulos brindados. Se aprende a grandes rasgos sobre la buena alimentación y pienso que no solo es aplicable para los niños sino para toda las personas en general, sea, adolescentes, adultos y ancianos.

By Laura H

Jan 8, 2020

While I already had a background on this topic, I picked up some good details from this course. The presentations were concise and well done. I loved the cooking demonstrations! This course has reminded me how much I enjoy cooking for my kids and that nutrition is also aligned with my career goals.

By David W

Dec 13, 2015

Excellently done. Easy to follow and well organized. I learned a lot! It was a pleasure to see the professor so excited and passionate about the subject and about her family.

I love the plurality of the subtitles. Surprised and pleased by the quality of them (korean is the only one I can vouch for).

By Aida L R

May 9, 2020

Me gusto la forma como se explicaba la importancia de la nutricion en los ninos, ya que estos son la base de la nueva generacion, y la responsabilidad de los padres en cuanto a tener un conocimiento para obtener una buena base alimentaria y que esto sirve para fundamentar las nuevas generaciones.

By Damjan M

Jan 7, 2016

Incredibly informative, definitely appropriate for beginners, but also useful for advanced readers in the field of nutrition, cooking or healthy living in general. The explanations are beyond great, even for people whose native language isn't English. In general, very very interesting and helpful.

By Fabiola P S

Jan 8, 2018

Estuvo increíble, aprendí la importancia de la comida integral y sus consecuencias en la salud de los niños, así como el impacto que puede tener en ello ya siendo adultos.

La expositora me encantó sus platicas fueron cortas sencillas para aquellas personas que no somos expertos de la salud.

Gracias

By Megha M

Aug 12, 2016

Its a wonderfully compiled course which teaches us how to encourage and inculcate good and healthy eating habits in children and also gives an insight into what is food and how can food be made more healthy and palatable. Some easy recipes have been taught which will surely interest the children.