Back to Client Needs and Software Requirements

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Client Needs and Software Requirements by University of Alberta

This course covers practical techniques to elicit and express software requirements from client interactions....

VB
Jul 5, 2016

Excellent! There is a lot of great practical info you can apply in real life. I would suggest instructors include some more info about SPM in the framework of startups (rather than client framework).

RK
Jan 30, 2018

It is very good knowledge. But my English poor for that, was, sometimes. So was hard to understand and catch information. As a result 90% for grade. It is ok. But it is ok.\n\nViam supervadet vadens

401 - 425 of 477 Reviews for Client Needs and Software Requirements

By Kevin S

May 23, 2017

I really enjoyed the course, specially the pair-reviewed work, as it is a great chance to learn from others and get real feedback for the work you do.

It is an amazing course, even for those with technical background, it gives great detail about the content.

By Ayrton G B F

Mar 26, 2017

It's a excellent course about writing requirements from clients' stories. I just wish I dad seen more techniques about linking business requirements (high level requirements ) to software engineering requirements (low level requirements) and its management.

By Art

Jan 20, 2016

Amazing course introducing real and workable concepts. I will be applying this to my workflow immediately.

Only downfalls being a little ambiguity in some questions and some `multiple choice` questions only allow one answer (radio buttons).

Thank you!

By Claudia A

Aug 26, 2020

All content of this course it's very useful. Now I realize the important that understand the client needs to produce a good software solutions. I am glad to have enrrollmented and I am going to keep learn more about it.

By Dumidu H

Nov 27, 2016

A good course to revise the concepts of capturing software requirements learned during a software engineering bachelors and to gather some of the newer techniques used in the industry such as use of user stories.

By Keith v E

Sep 23, 2019

Overall the content is good - I have found going through the process and the rather challenging peer review assignments does reinforce the concepts and at least makes sure one is focused on the material!

By monica r

Dec 18, 2015

Good overview. Wish there were more take away documents as well as links to additional information that summarized content in each section so you had a course book with terms at the end.

By Masood N

Nov 12, 2019

I found weeks three and four a bit difficult to grasp. Lots of vague definitions that were a bit too close to one another to be distinct. Overall however, very useful course. Good work.

By Sharie S

Apr 3, 2017

I like that it took the knowledge I'd acquired over 20 years of working in the technology field and applied it to the new organized business analysis field that has become the norm.

By Loni W

Jan 30, 2018

Client Needs and Software Requirements is extremely informative and really identifies many of the "gotchas" when eliciting requirements. Excellent for beginners and i

By Feriel G

Nov 3, 2020

Les cours sont clair dans un format court, on a pas le temp de s'ennuyer. grace à ce cours j'ai confirmer certainnes techniques et j'en ai appris d'autres nouvelles

By Juan F

Jun 10, 2020

it was good, and really need to check many times videos due to not bee a english native speaker, is it possuble to have subtitles in spanish our portugueese?

By Milena R

Sep 22, 2017

It's a great course for complete newbies. However, I think that management of changing requirements is an important topic and it wasn't included in the course.

By Mara A

Sep 19, 2017

Very good overview of software requirements. This course will help business analysts who are member of development teams employing the agile methodology.

By Manjula K

Mar 3, 2019

Great course where I learnt many practical aspects about requirements. I would definitely apply some of the tips I learnt from this course in my career.

By Omayra P C

Jan 11, 2016

Ciertas tareas deberían mejorarse para que se practiquen casos reales del negocio y así aprender de los problemas que comúnmente se presentan.

By Dhivya C

Jan 1, 2020

This course gives deeper insights on how requirements should be processed as this is one of the most important steps in building a product.

By Van T

Dec 20, 2015

That's interesting course - a practical method of learning a theory topic. I like the way people interact in assignments. Thanks so much.

By Arnaldo T

Jun 2, 2020

I Enjoyed this course, and learning more about requirements and client needs. Well presented session, and very clear and useful material

By Zavada N

Mar 11, 2017

To depended on peer graded tasks, when all course is done an you are still waiting for others to rate you. This is really annoying part.

By Niraj H

May 21, 2019

I would recommend this course to the BA's and Product Managers who are dealing with the client requirements day in day out.

By Chapla N R

It is very helpful to me and I learned many things specially how to deal with clients in terms of eliciting requirements.

By Ricardo L T

Nov 27, 2016

Great overview of the subject, appropriate homework assignments to understand de value of the concepts we ar talking about

By Perit H

Jul 23, 2019

Course notes need to have more info, like a small handbook to back to it as needed (during and after the course)

By Muhammad Y

Jan 16, 2016

Good course with an excellent assignment.

Just if more details are supplied then the course be more valuable.