Back to Design and Interpretation of Clinical Trials

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Design and Interpretation of Clinical Trials by Johns Hopkins University

Clinical trials are experiments designed to evaluate new interventions to prevent or treat disease in humans. The interventions evaluated can be drugs, devices (e.g., hearing aid), surgeries, behavioral interventions (e.g., smoking cessation program), community health programs (e.g. cancer screening programs) or health delivery systems (e.g., special care units for hospital admissions). We consider clinical trials experiments because the investigators rather than the patients or their doctors select the treatment the patients receive. Results from randomized clinical trials are usually considered the highest level of evidence for determining whether a treatment is effective because trials incorporates features to ensure that evaluation of the benefits and risks of treatments are objective and unbiased. The FDA requires that drugs or biologics (e.g., vaccines) are shown to be effective in clinical trials before they can be sold in the US. The course will explain the basic principles for design of randomized clinical trials and how they should be reported. In the first part of the course, students will be introduced to terminology used in clinical trials and the several common designs used for clinical trials, such as parallel and cross-over designs. We will also explain some of the mechanics of clinical trials, like randomization and blinding of treatment. In the second half of the course, we will explain how clinical trials are analyzed and interpreted. Finally, we will review the essential ethical consideration involved in conducting experiments on people....

JQ

Oct 26, 2019

Excellent beginner course on design and interpretation of clinical trials, complements a lot of what I reviewed on my classes and I would like to take a more advanced course on the topic. Thank you.

CC

Jun 05, 2020

I would highly recommend this course as I found it well-structured and helpful. After studying all the materials, I gained a great amount of knowledge in designing and interpretating clinical trail.

151 - 175 of 478 Reviews for Design and Interpretation of Clinical Trials

By Mahasweta P

Jan 09, 2018

The lectures are in-depth and complete. I'm able to learn by revisiting the lectures again as I require to.

By Ivanova O

Jul 28, 2017

Very balanced course. It helped me to facilitate communication with the Clinical Department in our Company.

By Frederick G

Mar 04, 2018

I really enjoyed this course. Very clear lectures and materials, an excellent introduction to the subject.

By Maria J c

Jul 29, 2020

Great course!! Teachers made the concepts very simple to learn, even if they are quite difficult subjects

By Imtiaz I A

Jul 01, 2020

Indeed, a very helpful course! I was able to learn and improve my knowledge regarding the design of RCTs.

By Liliana B C

Mar 12, 2016

Muy bueno! explican de la manera más sencilla los puntos principales de un Ensayo Clínico. Recomendable.

By BEYZA E

Sep 29, 2020

This is really good course for beginners who interested in clinical trials. I really enjoyed. Thank you

By Angel G R L

May 04, 2019

excellent if you are begining at the clinical trials world, or if you want to complement your knowledge

By Omotola O

Sep 16, 2020

Very in-depth and all encompassing for anyone looking to increase their knowledge of clinical trials.

By Keely H

Jun 17, 2020

Excellent high-level overview of clinical trials including methodological and ethical considerations.

By Parul C

May 04, 2020

It was a great course that provided detailed insights into the understanding of the clinical trials.

By Jurga B

Dec 31, 2019

It was easy to follow lectures, gained much of knowledge, especially liked case studies of RCT and o

By Ravi T

Oct 27, 2019

This course is very interesting and I learn a lot about Design and Interpretation of clinical Trials

By Maria B

Jul 29, 2020

Very interesting and rewarding, difficulties in translating some scientific terminology in Greek.

By Deepali D

It was a perfectly paced course. This has definitely added to my knowledge about clinical trials.

By Keoni B

Mar 19, 2018

Vvery informative, even though I had some difficulties, the lectures were not hard to understand.

By Stamatina T

Dec 17, 2017

Great course! The terminology was well-explained and documented with examples and good material.

By Erica J

Jun 27, 2016

Great course! This will help me in my graduate studies and future career. I have learned a lot.

By SHALU C

Sep 04, 2020

finally completed this course and have came through new topics and learned more and new thing

By Ana R C A

Jun 18, 2020

Very straight to the point. It was amazing to learn something so complex in such a simple way.

By Lina C

Oct 22, 2017

Very good introductory couse, the lectures are very clear and the order is very good as well.

By Ong J J

Sep 29, 2016

Excellent primer on the types of trial designs and how to interpret study results and reports.

By Magdalena G

Sep 19, 2020

Clear and easy to understand presentations, well structured, made it easy and a joy to learn!

By Mayura S

Aug 02, 2020

Well structured course. Great course to for a newbie to get started on clinical trial design.

By Rupa C

May 02, 2020

I am happy that I took this course. The authors have done a great job.Completely worth it !