Back to Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

DA
Nov 30, 2016

Great course to take as the first step in the sequence of the "Creative Writing" certification. Exercises are fun, professor provides useful methodology, load is manageable for someone with a day job.

BM
Nov 4, 2019

The course was informative on how to build, structure and develop the plot of our own stories. It was also very helpful in guiding us through the editing process. A useful course for aspiring writers.

1251 - 1275 of 1,343 Reviews for Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

By Lucien T

Oct 6, 2017

A great introduction to the world of creative writing.

By Evan E

Oct 29, 2018

Fast and informative. Great feedback from classmates.

By Nancy W

May 22, 2018

Good review of plot development and creative writing.

By Anthony M

Jul 27, 2021

Great except for some of the peer graded feedback.

By Hala K

Mar 6, 2020

A wonderful course with a wonderful community!

By Ayush A S

Sep 6, 2020

A good simple course taught me about writing.

By Anay T

Nov 9, 2017

Excellent course for a beginner like me

By Will F

Jun 1, 2018

Great course, with a great instructor.

By ADEPU R

Jun 17, 2020

very clear helps a lot for a beginner

By Julie M

May 10, 2016

Full of helpful tips and suggestions.

By Sarah V K

Jan 27, 2018

Great exercises and I learned a lot.

By David N

Oct 19, 2017

Really enjoying this course so far.

By María d P E A L

Oct 8, 2021

A​ssignments were of high value

By DHARMPAL K

Sep 4, 2020

I learn a lot about this course

By Nicolás G

Aug 6, 2021

Very good, but too short

By Rima A

Jan 10, 2021

super!

By ANUSHA C

Aug 30, 2020

good

By Daniel Y

Jul 26, 2020

The videos were very entertaining and informative. The assignments gave structure to how one would write with restrictions that no beginner would think of using.

The other writers, however, served as a hindrance and a headache with only a few gems in the barrel of word soup. I could feel my craft deteriorating with every jungle of adverbs, sentence fragments and broken English. Most of my peers barely bothered to look at the instructions, and keep their stories under the word limit, forcing me to read several pages of verbal brain drilling.

I wasn't too bothered by it, until some delightful GENIUS* decided to make the submission section uncopyable. I could review several works, If there was a possibility to copy the submission to a word processor, segment it and highlight the errors. This saved my energy and sanity.

In the end, all I could manage were superficial peer-reviews, where I focused my effort to finding the biggest problem in the student's work and giving criticism on that.

Were you afraid that someone might copy and make profit from the <1000 word essays of amateur writers? Talk about professional suicide.

*numb-nuts