Back to Creative Thinking: Techniques and Tools for Success

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Creative Thinking: Techniques and Tools for Success by Imperial College London

In today’s ever-growing and changing world, being able to think creatively and innovatively are essential skills. It can sometimes be challenging to step back and reflect in an environment which is fast paced or when you are required to assimilate large amounts of information. Making sense of or communicating new ideas in an innovative and engaging way, approaching problems from fresh angles, and producing novel solutions are all traits which are highly sought after by employers. This course will equip you with a ‘tool-box’, introducing you to a selection of behaviours and techniques that will augment your innate creativity. Some of the tools are suited to use on your own and others work well for a group, enabling you to leverage the power of several minds. You can pick and choose which of these tools or techniques suit your needs and interests, focusing on some or all of the selected approaches and in the order that fits best for you. The practical approach of this course enables you to acquire an essential skill-set for generating ideas, with plenty of: - Fun e-tivities and exercises; - Practical lectures and tips; - Video representations of the techniques in action. By the end of this course you should be able to: - Pick a type of brainstorming you think will be useful to apply to a challenge - Use alphabet brainstorming in tackling a challenge - Use grid brainstorming in tackling a challenge - Use a morphological chart to synthesise a solution to a challenge - Use the TRIZ contradiction matrix to identify recommended inventive principles - Apply SCAMPER to a range of challenges The greatest innovators aren’t necessarily the people who have the most original idea. Often, they are people- or teams- that have harnessed their creativity to develop a new perspective or more effective way of communicating an idea. You can train your imagination to seize opportunities, break away from routine and habit, and tap into your natural creativity. Join this course and a community of practitioners in CREATIVITY!...

OE

I enjoyed this course right from the start. The videos are relatable and exciting as so were the reading exercises to get a better knowledge of how to think and easy, fast steps to get to those ideas.

JM

An excellent course for a systematic exposure of some interesting and widely used creativity tools! Thanks for increasing the awareness and confidence to use them in professional and personal domains!

801 - 825 of 1,005 Reviews for Creative Thinking: Techniques and Tools for Success

By Z A

Nov 6, 2021

this Course is very great, to know us how to handle some issue with knowledge and sciences, so make us have good mentality when discussion.

By William C

May 15, 2022

It's really good course about creative thinking, I have mastered some useful ways of thinking. This will defintely help a lot in my work.

By Ravi S

Sep 15, 2021

​I wish I had more time here OR you had shared more techniques. Very good course with SO many practical tools. Thank you very much.

By Asward A

Sep 30, 2021

It was amazing online course that I have attended. Not only learning, but I also get to know new friends from all over the world.

By mesa n

Sep 5, 2021

Loved it, I would learn it again anytime. If there will be a part 2 or even a degree course on this I will for sure enroll to it.

By NOEMI I J H

May 28, 2022

I did not like to be graded by partners, however the content and the activities are so useful to solve problems in daily life .

By Lila M

May 13, 2020

You can learn very useful tools in an easy and practical way. It is an excellent course. I recommend it without any doubt

By TTS

Jun 26, 2021

The course content is good and useful. The format can be improved in terms of length of videos and arrangement.

By Dania I J

Mar 14, 2022

I​t was very insightful, and I hope to be able to se the techniqes in my future academic and professional life.

By santhi n

Dec 4, 2021

I​t was a good experience. new designing tools have been introduced and also it helps me to solve my problems.

By Dr. A J

Jun 14, 2021

Exceptional !!! This course has a lot of practical tools to offer for use in our daily or professional lives.

By Alejandra M

Feb 2, 2022

V​ery interesting and well put together. You will apply what you have learnt in your daily life and work.

By Elizabeth H B

Jan 12, 2022

It's a very interesting course that must be taken seriously, as it provides different thinking technques

By R. K

Sep 24, 2021

The course is excellent and a quality one. I learned a lot of things in relation to creative thinking .

By Maneesha S

Oct 14, 2021

I learnt a lot, thank you, as an academician I look forward to students enrolling for such programs

By YEWANDE S M

Aug 22, 2020

I will definitely recommend this course to my colleagues at work. It has broaden my creative mind.

By Julia

Jul 21, 2020

the course was very interesting and insightful. I will definitely use the tools I've learned.

By ravi c

Jan 13, 2022

Program is very good and these learnings will help in solving daily problems in easy way..

By Ye M M

Jun 20, 2021

This course is very nice and I get too much creative thinking style and idea for my future

By LUIS E S C

May 15, 2022

es de lo mejor que hecho, la verdad que bueno que existe este prgrama mucha innovación

By Warawut C

Apr 5, 2022

Sincere thanks The course is easy to understand and can be applied in daily life.

By Shelley W

Jan 2, 2022

Well structured, well paced very informative with appropriate level of challenge.

By Mahesh K G K

Jul 14, 2021

Highly Recommended course. Thank you Peter for this wonderful piece of learning.