Back to Data Structures

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Data Structures by University of California San Diego

A good algorithm usually comes together with a set of good data structures that allow the algorithm to manipulate the data efficiently. In this course, we consider the common data structures that are used in various computational problems. You will learn how these data structures are implemented in different programming languages and will practice implementing them in our programming assignments. This will help you to understand what is going on inside a particular built-in implementation of a data structure and what to expect from it. You will also learn typical use cases for these data structures. A few examples of questions that we are going to cover in this class are the following: 1. What is a good strategy of resizing a dynamic array? 2. How priority queues are implemented in C++, Java, and Python? 3. How to implement a hash table so that the amortized running time of all operations is O(1) on average? 4. What are good strategies to keep a binary tree balanced? You will also learn how services like Dropbox manage to upload some large files instantly and to save a lot of storage space!...

DG
May 23, 2016

I like this course very much! Rope is the cleverest task I have ever done! Of course, I hope in future I will work on even more difficult problems, but this is pretty good already for me as a student!

PS
Jul 9, 2020

I think the course content and assignments were great. A suggestion though, it will be more helpful if there are more and varied corner cases that would save time spent in thinking and making cases.

126 - 150 of 615 Reviews for Data Structures

By Jason G

Oct 2, 2017

Well presented just like my experience with other courses in this specialisation. Looking forward to the upcoming graph algorithms course

By Avin S J

Sep 7, 2020

Exceptional courses. I had zero clue on the topic now i have a very good gasp over the topics. The Assignments were also very challenging

By Aviral B

May 7, 2020

This was a really difficult course and it took me a lot of time to complete it. I will keep coming back to this for revising more stuff.

By Sathyaanarayanan V

Aug 7, 2020

Whoo... I did it. Learnt a lot about hashing techniques. The challenging assignment is a drive for me to complete this specialization.

By Bhavesh S

Jul 14, 2019

Good course for learning the basics of Data structures and Algorithms

The course also cover some advanced topics .

overall good course.

By Prakarsh D

Aug 15, 2017

Excellent course with excellent assignments! Totally Satisfied! Thanks a lot teachers, mentors and coursera for such a great creation!

By Сегодин В В

Jun 20, 2017

Very informative. Lectures provided with simple explanations. Seminar tasks allow to check your understanding and improve your skills.

By Kim H P

Nov 28, 2017

Very good course for data structures, especially the assignments and the auto-grader. The best way to learn algorithms is to code it.

By Kazuki Y

Jul 26, 2017

I was essentially new to prototypical data structures, but the course taught me a lot. In HW, I couldn't finish the splay tree one.

By Sonali S

Feb 9, 2017

This course was really awesome and helped a lot to revise old concepts as well as learn many new things about the data structures

By Ayush J

May 22, 2020

This course is awesome and very beneficial.

All the course instructor have gave their best and taught us in very systematic way.

By Nguyen B L

Nov 1, 2020

For me this is an excellent and challenging course. Required more time than my expectation. But very valuable. I learned a lot.

By Sakshar C

Jul 10, 2020

It was a great course. Learned lots of applications and also efficient implementations of many basic and useful data structures

By Gudipudi M

Jan 5, 2019

It is great oppurtunity for a student like me in remote areas.I thank Coursera for the quality education it has been providing.

By Hiroki U

Aug 14, 2020

Assignments were tough, but all of them were good problem.

Completing assignments, you can learn more about Data structures .

By JAGANNATH R K

thanku for this it was really heapful.and during programming assignments i have learnt a lot.looking forward for next course

By Yuvraj G

Jun 17, 2019

Great Course Highly Recommended.

There is hell lot of information to grasp. Must take this course. And put everything in it.

By John J M

Jun 13, 2016

Great course with great content. Really enjoy the addition of support material and test cases for the difficult problems.

By VENNA S P a

Nov 12, 2020

The course contents were very well presented and the practice exercises really kept me engaged throughout the course.

By Aditya C

Jan 6, 2020

Very Good Course. I find myself tough to write code that will run in one go after rigourously checked on mine laptop.

By SUNNY

Aug 9, 2020

This is the best course to learn data structure in very easy way .This course teaches the topics by using visuals .

By Krzysztof L

Sep 27, 2017

This is great course. Mostly thanks to the very good and interesting programming assignments.

I highly recommend it.

By Sean W

Jul 9, 2017

Course is well designed and an enjoying challenge. It's a bedrock course for anyone solving computational problems.

By 2K18/EC/079 H N

Aug 29, 2020

If you have the basic language of any coding language(C++,java,python) then this course will be very good for you.

By Jay C

Jul 24, 2020

Learnt new things like Rabin-Karp algorithm ,algorithms to find patterns in strings ,applications of BST ,etc.....