Back to Differential Equations for Engineers

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Differential Equations for Engineers by The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology

This course is about differential equations and covers material that all engineers should know. Both basic theory and applications are taught. In the first five weeks we will learn about ordinary differential equations, and in the final week, partial differential equations. The course is composed of 56 short lecture videos, with a few simple problems to solve following each lecture. And after each substantial topic, there is a short practice quiz. Solutions to the problems and practice quizzes can be found in instructor-provided lecture notes. There are a total of six weeks in the course, and at the end of each week there is an assessed quiz. Download the lecture notes: http://www.math.ust.hk/~machas/differential-equations-for-engineers.pdf Watch the promotional video: https://youtu.be/eSty7oo09ZI...

YY
Aug 5, 2020

The course materials are well prepared and organised. The teaching style is approachable and clear. I have learned a lot from this course. Thank you so much, and wish you all the best Prof. Chasnov!

AA
Feb 6, 2020

Very good course if you want to start using differential equations without any rigorous details. Thanks to professor`s explanation everything is very clear. Good basis to continue to dive deeper.

51 - 75 of 404 Reviews for Differential Equations for Engineers

By Vladimir R P B

Mar 26, 2021

I took this course as a refresher before I start my PHD and it definitely gave me what I wanted. It's simple enough to work well for beginners and comprehensive enough to give you all you need to start working more difficult topics.

By S Y

Jul 12, 2020

Amazing Course. Every aspect of the differential equation has been explained thoroughly with an ample amount of practice and examples. The key outcome was to learn modeling physical problem as a differential equation and solving it

By Deepanjali T

Oct 9, 2020

This course is very important and useful for everyone. I learnt many things from this course. Doing this course greatly Doing this course greatly increased my knowledge. Thank you. My thanks to all the coursera team members.

By James L

Mar 8, 2021

This course is well designed, with detailed explanations and well-structured examples. Course difficulty is fair, definitely recommended for those who want to learn differential equations with basic college math knowledge

By Joachim Ö

Apr 25, 2020

Well balanced between video lectures and quizzes. The videos are very pedagogical and the right length to digest. A good reading material is provided as well, but the solutions to quizzed could be slightly more detailed.

By Jamal A K

Feb 23, 2021

Very useful, and highly recommended. I am taking a postgraduate course in mathematics and I used this course as a refresher in differential equations, as I have been mainly studying pure mathematics recently.

By Kristian V

Oct 5, 2020

Very good course! I tottaly recomend it to anyone who is going to make up with chemistry, physics and other sciences. Thank you Jeff, you made a lot things that I studied in my physics classes clearer to me!

By YJ

Aug 6, 2020

By Andrei

Feb 7, 2020

By sreedhar g

The way of teaching and explanation is excellent. By taking this course I really enhanced my teaching skills. I express my sincere thanks to Prof. Jeffery R Chasnov from bottom of my heart.

By Amir K

Aug 28, 2020

I think this course is very suitable for any curious mind. You can learn very important and necessary concepts with this course.

The courses taught by Professor Dr. Chasnov are excellent.

By Bryan M

May 3, 2020

Very Well done. Could use some supplemental videos of Calculus with SERIES and Fourier Transform (week 6 is A LOT) but it was very well done and manageable for the motivated student.

By aswin m

Apr 12, 2021

Excellent course taught by an excellent professor, Dr. Chasnov.

Just the right content, just the right pace and practice problems and quiz complemented the course material very well.

By Tara V

Aug 20, 2020

Explained well, good practice problems and there is a lecture notes PDF which helps with all the practice problems, Professor was also quick to respond to questions and comments.

By Joseph J

I don't have a math or engineering background but this course has a great balance of simplicity and challenging problems that I can confidently take to higher level mathematics

By Jose M S

Feb 29, 2020

A vast amount of engineering is about differential equations and optimization. This course is a nice introduction to the first topic, suited to engineers (like myself) mindset.

By Javier R

Jul 17, 2020

Excelente curso. He aprendido mucho sobre ecuaciones diferenciales en este curso, en especial en cuanto a aplicaciones y métodos que no conocía hasta ahora. Perfecto.

By Prof. U D

May 13, 2020

A good course on differential equations and its applications. Susceptible- infected- recovered epidemic model is explained well. The concepts are very well explained.

By John A E

Oct 21, 2020

This course is very helpful for civil engineers. Since I am currently a CE student, this will be my guide to practice DE more. Special thanks also to the instructor!

By Anavheoba A O

I am with the university of Benin,I just completed this course but I have not received any certificate

Please I really need this certificate as soon as possible

Thanks

By Kartikey J

Loved the course. The content is to the point and explains the practical applications where differential equations are used which made the course more interesting.

By Justin E S

Mar 4, 2021

This is a really recommended step-by-step learning of differential equation. The hard material are divided into pieces which are really easy to follow through.

By Patrawala H C

Jul 2, 2020

Professor Jeff Chasnov has a very good understanding of ode's which makes it very

useful for this course. The course was very efficient and was easy to grasp.

By Ganesh

Apr 24, 2020

Very Useful and informative Course material. Congrats.

Dr.S.Ganesh

Professor, Department of Mathematics

Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai.

By Ashish k

Sep 8, 2019

It was a great journey to go through this course. Prof. Jeffery explains the concepts very well. I hope this course will help me greatly in my other courses.