Back to Excel Skills for Business: Essentials

In this first course of the specialization Excel Skills for Business, you will learn the essentials of Microsoft Excel. Within six weeks, you will be able to expertly navigate the Excel user interface, perform basic calculations with formulas and functions, professionally format spreadsheets, and create visualizations of data through charts and graphs. Whether you are self-taught and want to fill in the gaps for better efficiency and productivity, or whether you have never used Excel before, this course will set you up with a solid foundation to become a confident user and develop more advanced skills in later courses. We have brought together a great teaching team that will be with you every step of the way. A broad range of practice quizzes and challenges will provide great opportunities to build up your skillset. Work through each new challenge with our team and in no time you will surprise yourself with how far you have come. Spreadsheet software is one of the most ubiquitous pieces of software used in workplaces across the world. Learning to confidently operate this software means adding a highly valuable asset to your employability portfolio. At a time when digital skills jobs are growing much faster than non-digital jobs, make sure to position yourself ahead of the rest by adding Excel skills to your employment portfolio....

KS

Jun 30, 2020

This is an amazing course for learners. I am having a lot of fun completing this course from the starting point. It is very much enjoyable and the way the course teachers deliver every lecture superb.

RB

Aug 29, 2019

The course was defiantly more than I expected. It not only strengthened what I did know about Excel but it showed me several options that I was not using or haven't found. I would highly recommend it.

151 - 175 of 7,756 Reviews for Excel Skills for Business: Essentials

By Andrew H

Mar 01, 2020

I learned quite a lot, despite using Excel at work for 3.5 years. I am much more proficient and confident in Excel now. The Final Exam was very challenging, and I had to take it twice, but it helped to cement what I learned through the course. I can now work with enormous spreadsheets and create solid charts to help visualize data. I had no idea Excel could do so many things. I am excited for the Intermediate Level Courses.

By Farhan A T

Apr 23, 2020

About this course, I have a lot of things to say but I think I shouldn't. But some parts must be mentioned. If I can ever go to Australia, I will meet with this two amazing Prashan and Nicky. I didn't know anything about Excel but after this course I'm just amazed that I know that much which with I can handle a big company without any hesitation. What a presentation! How beautifully they've tought the total Excel! Just amazing!

By K. N S

Jun 30, 2020

It's an amazing course and it's instructed by equally amazing teachers who beautifully guide you through the entire process. Thank you to coursera and Macquaire University for offering this course. It will help students like myself and also professionals from different sectors to get comfortable with using Excel.

Thank you to Ms. Nicky Bull and Dr. Prashant Karunaratne for their brilliant guidance throughout the entire course.

By AGBANYO I

Oct 07, 2019

The course is a great one.I really enjoyed every moment of the lesson, it really seem like fun to me more than learning. Unlike other online courses where learning can be so frustrating, the instructors for the course were very clear and distinct.

For the first time in a long time, I am giving a review because it was earn and not to seem supportive. Every moment spent on this course was really worth my time.

#everybodysaywoow

By Gediminas S

Sep 24, 2020

Great for begginers or for someone who have worked with excel previously, but haven't touched it in a while. I though I will just rush through everything, because there would be just a lot of theory. But to my surprise there were a lot of tasks which required to download workbooks and complete tasks in them to get correct answers. So there were a lot more practical tasks than I expected from onlice course and it was GREAT!

By Irene v d M

Aug 30, 2020

This was exactly what I needed. As a self-taught, basic level user this course has given me the fundamentals to understand the tool and to leverage it's utilities much better. It has given me confidence to start exploring the functionalities and to make more of my data. Many thanks to the instructors Nicky and Prashan, you really made this feel like a direct learning experience even though we have never met in a classroom.

By Gianfranco R C

Jun 30, 2020

Excelente curso, es bastante basico para el que ya usa excel, pero enseña mucho para el que va iniciando. Yo domino ingles y español, tristemente el que no sabe ingles no va a poder curzarlo.

Excellent course, it is quite basic for those who already use excel, but it teaches a lot for those who are just starting out. I am fluent in English and Spanish, sadly the one who does not know English will not be able to study it.

By WW

Perfect online course for study by yourself, especially for the confinement of COVID-19 and for adapting the new world after COVID-19. There you can learn the basic and essential tools of Excel. Once you finish your course, it's time for the intermediate course. I am going to try the second one, so how about the next course, I will let another comment about the second one. Keep going because learning never will obsolete

By Karishma K

Sep 28, 2020

I would say that I learn quickly all the bigest as well smallest tools, options and hidden settings to how to create a massive sheet in just a few minutes. Add graphic, formatting to your Excel worksheet to look more professional and representative.l learn a lot and enjoy through the course.cannot wet to use my skill in my further studies and in future. I enjoyed through the course videos and extra work is too helpful .

By Augustin P

Jun 01, 2019

I have finished a course in Excel essentials or as I would say a beginners course. I learned a lot although it took me some time to finish, but now I feel confident in working in Excel when it comes to basics and as I go again through the course for revision, I am really satisfied with my usage of shortcuts on the keyboard. I will for sure keep learning and continue developing my skills through the intermediate course.

By Grzegorz S

May 14, 2018

This course is great, because in short time it's possible to obtain real-life skills, useful in every day work with spreadsheets (actually, what I'd learned for instance in week 2, I applied straight away in my job, making life little easier for myself and my workmates). One remark though - if you decide to take this course, install Excel on your computer, online version is not enough to complete it without any stress.

By Md F R

Jun 24, 2020

I have explored many tutorials to learn these things but couldn't ever be able to find out such this tutorials.This course is designed in such a beautiful manner that any student having just abc knowledge of computer skills & english language can easily be able to perfom the course successfully.My Strong Gratitude to the instructors for putting a tremendous effort to help a student a better understanding. Thank You!

By Munshi A M

Apr 26, 2020

This course was exceptionally good. I knew many things but learn a lot of tools which i did not know before this course. The course was designed in a fantastic way. If a person does not know anything about excel can learn a lot of things from this course and can be able to use the learning in any one's day to day life. It was amazing doing this course. I recommend people who want to improve their skills in Excel.

By Julia

Jan 02, 2020

I really enjoyed doing the Excel course and learned so much. I so much enjoyed the explanation and then doing the assignment after. This really helped me with practicing and I aimed to get all the questions right. If I get one wrong, I would go back to the video listen again and repeat the test. I definitely recommend this course for students or professionals who want to sharpen their knowledge. Thank you so much

By Megan J

Jun 07, 2019

I knew nothing about Excel and had zero confidence in using it. But this course changed it over. I strongly recommend this course for anyone who feels like they know barely anything about Excel. It might feel a bit too essential from time to time but you'll soon realize such essentials will help you boost through other more difficult tasks! Looking forward to taking different courses in Excel Skills for Business!

By Leslie G

Oct 28, 2018

An exceptionally well planned out introduction and overview to the fundamentals of Excel. Although I had business proficiency from on the job learning, this first segment already proved to be of solid value and filled in several gaps in my execution as well as speed of execution. I am very pleased with this course already and greatly look forward to the next segments. This is a very well done learning process!

By AMJAD K

Sep 21, 2020

The Course was top class with very challenging assessments on every video. The subject was well narrated and broken down into much required weeks. The stress on practice was perfect and very much need. It's very important to learn the right terms and tips than to just learn on the job as we do mostly.

Nicky is very engaging with her voice and smiling face. She kept me hooked on the content and is easy to follow.

By MEERA C

Aug 22, 2019

This was an amazing course. Possibly my favorite experience on Coursera so far, and I have taken a lot of courses. Very engaging instructors, with a fun story based, gradual learning approach grounded in plenty of practice tasks. Excited to explore more of Excel in this specialization, and would seriously consider sticking to Macquarie University for future courses if all of their content is as A+ as this one!

By Leonardo d S

Feb 28, 2019

This course was trully amazing. At the beginning i was a little boried because the lesson weren't so challenging. How wrong i was. During the next weeks, the course began to challenge me in many ways i couldn't imagine previously. I definitely recommend this course for everyone who's looking forward to improve Excel skills and really be in charge of Excel. As Prashan always said: "Practice makes it permanent"!

By P E C

Jun 23, 2018

I'm a beginner/intermediate user of Excel and know the fundamentals. However, I can appreciate the beauty and usability of it and the importance of having an intermediate (or better yet, advanced) knowledge of it no matter your job or your career level. This course is a step-by-step tutorial to help you learn in a way that it's not intimidating or confusing. Once you start the course you'll get addicted to it.

By P. S

Jun 19, 2020

Coursera is the best platform to learn online sitting home and working at our own pace. It is helping me grow during this lockdown period. In this course, even a small detail is explained so clearly which is a rare feature. I am looking forward to learning as many courses as possible that are related to my work.

I thank my Institution and Coursera for providing me this platform to learn.

Thank you, Coursera.

By Raqib M

May 02, 2020

This course is well organized and planned, understandable guidelines through videos and exams for improving skills. I wish if I had a chance to learn more about all MS Office programs like this course. Hope they will design MS Office programs for Business like this Excel course. I really enjoyed & learnt a lot from this. Advice for my dear peers: Very good course if you want to learn Excel basics to advance.

By José A E C

Aug 30, 2020

Creo que este curso te enseña perfectamente las ventajas de Excel para usuarios que necesitan realizar un trabajo profesional y de la manera mas rápida y eficaz posible. Es un curso muy completo para personas que no tienen ningún conocimiento en el programa Excel e inclusive para lo que tenemos un Excel intermedio es de mucha ayuda, ya que no siempre estamos actualizados ante las nuevas novedades del mismo.

By VIHANG G P

Oct 21, 2020

This is a very interesting, knowledgeable and must have course for every one. Both the instructors, Dr. Prashan Karunaratne and Miss Nikki teach in a simple yet powerful way that the learner say "wow" while learning excel. Indeed "practice makes perfect" is an apt term used by the instructor and it will be helpful to the learners. I will recommend this course to all my friends and colleagues.

Thank You !!

By Erik M

Jun 02, 2020

Tough work and long hours put into it, but it's worth it. It took my years of experimenting with and playing around with excel and not knowing most of it and turned it into a disciplined and structured format for my mind to realize what I had been doing so far and vast gaps that I had been missing. If COVID hadn't happened, I probably would be doing the entire course and other levels, but we'll see now.