Back to Fibonacci Numbers and the Golden Ratio

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Fibonacci Numbers and the Golden Ratio by The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology

Learn the mathematics behind the Fibonacci numbers, the golden ratio, and how they are related. These topics are not usually taught in a typical math curriculum, yet contain many fascinating results that are still accessible to an advanced high school student. The course culminates in an explanation of why the Fibonacci numbers appear unexpectedly in nature, such as the number of spirals in the head of a sunflower. Download the lecture notes: https://www.math.ust.hk/~machas/fibonacci.pdf Watch the promotional video: https://youtu.be/VWXeDFyB1hc...

JR
Jul 12, 2020

Someone has said that God created the integers; all the rest is the work of man. After seeing how the Fibonacci numbers play out in nature, I am not so sure about that. A very enjoyable course.

BH
Oct 28, 2020

Great course concept for about one of the most intriguing concepts in the mathematical world, however I found it on the difficult side especially for those who find math as a challenging topic.

76 - 100 of 295 Reviews for Fibonacci Numbers and the Golden Ratio

By Marcos W A C

Feb 6, 2021

This course was very nice for me. The last week was the most interesting and beautiful, definitely change my way to see the nature.

By Vishal A

Feb 28, 2020

A good course on an interesting topic. Instruction is clear, concise and simple. Many practice sums provided to reinforce learning.

By Morena V

Jun 19, 2017

Very diverse and interesting course. Lot's of fields in mathematics are discussed. Very nice assignments and super cool teacher.

By Abdul H S

May 23, 2020

Lovely course. Got to know interesting facts about Fibonacci numbers and their relations. The lecture notes are simply awesome.

By Neha R

Excellent course. I enjoyed every second of it. The prof. is great his explanations are very clear.

Thank you Prof. Jeffrey.

By Tumul K

Jul 4, 2017

A thoroughly enjoyable course, a bit too fast paced and quite difficult some times, but the overall course is quite exciting.

By Anna A P

Oct 12, 2019

Corso molto interessante, il professore molto chiaro. Per i prossimi corsi potete inserire i sottotitoli in italiano? Grazie

By Nojus J

Aug 4, 2019

I really loved this course. Amazing mathematics that was taught very well and also helped me build my mathematical skills.

By Slavica P

Mar 10, 2018

Very good course... I was expecting more applications in nature and art after maths being made ... so I suggest adding it.

By 唐海涛

Aug 6, 2017

This is a fantistic topic and I learned a lot from the course!The mode can encourage me to accomplish the homework timely.

By Paul T

Apr 2, 2021

Excellent way to ease back into algebra, matrix algebra and some induction. The class was well laid out and fun to take.

By Kshitij T

Ita was a very well curated course, which included equal participation of the instructor and the student. Was really fun

By Michael A R

Jan 9, 2021

Thank you, Mr. Chasnov and Hong Kong University for providing this kind of refresher training about Fibonacci Numbers

By Mary E C

Apr 2, 2020

Concepts were well explained and easy to understand. I enjoyed how the applications were woven together with the math

By Md. S I

May 7, 2021

Thank you Prof. Jeffrey for your excellent lectures conducting me. Thanks for everything to such kind of teaching.

By Laura G

Jun 26, 2020

This is a fantastic, fun course. Professor Chasnov does a great job explaining the material. Highly recommended!

By Shafa S

Jun 28, 2019

This course is indeed perfect for cooling down my brains after burning for so long in classes and my laziness :))

By YULINDA E

Aug 20, 2020

an extraordinary experience for me, the Fibonacci numbers add to my knowledge in studying mathematics. thank you

By philip g

Jun 12, 2020

Beautiful mathematics explained clearly and very well. I enjoyed the course very much and highly recommend it.

By Jade I P N

Aug 16, 2020

I was seeking for an interesting course for learning something new, this course taught me that. It was so fun.

By Christophe S

Apr 29, 2019

Thanks for this wonderful course, Jeff. Those Fibonacci are amazing. I hope you will give us even more MOOCs.

By Fiona S

Mar 6, 2018

I fear maths but this was a really interesting course and very well explained. I'm a little less scared now.

By Bruce E

Oct 7, 2020

This course made math fun! Concepts were explained and and "homework assignments" illustrated the concepts.

By Omar E G C

Jul 26, 2020

The course is very well structured, and is really helpful as an introductory course to geometry and algbera

By Jose R F

Nice course and very interesting knowing some little more about this incredible matter that is mathematics.