Back to Fundamentals of Graphic Design

GA

Aug 21, 2018

Very interesting, I liked the format. Easy to follow, nice excercises. It's actually good to cover the basics of design, even if you are not an absolute beginner, and especially if you are self taught

AR

Apr 18, 2016

very good introductory course. i enjoyed the assignments, they are not overwhelming, easy to start, and the optional ones offer great opportunity to dig little deeper into graphic design fundamentals.

176 - 200 of 2,294 Reviews for Fundamentals of Graphic Design

By Tea G

Feb 10, 2016

It is a really good course, but it is designed for complete beginers. I took it as a review of fundamentals and didn't learn nothing new, but I didn't have those expectations. I just wanted a pure review of things I already know. It was fun and maybe a bit too easy - even for beginers. :)

By Ada F

Nov 26, 2019

I believe this was a great course. I think as with many classes, you get out of it what you put into it. If you practice and complete even the optional assignments you will have a great foundation or jumping off point for your education in graphic design. I really enjoyed this course.

By Cynthia A

Jul 05, 2020

It would be nice to receive feedback from a teacher or moderator of the course as well, especially in the assignments that are required. Because most times the feedback given by other students was non-constructive and did not provide any insight. Comments like good work, yes, effective.

By Sara H

May 16, 2020

It was great to find this course, I am really grateful for your efforts and contribution to learning me how to design. It was always my life dream and I was really surprised with all of the content and the course system, assignments, quizzes and how I have developed

By Kateryna

Apr 15, 2020

Thank you for a course! It is really useful for beginners, the only thing I felt was missing in the course was technical part- which tools to use and how to use them, but the structure and material were very interesting. I would really recommend this course. Thank you one more time!

By Antonio P A

Sep 24, 2016

Very good basic course on graphic design. I've learned a lot about typography, composition, image making and shapes and colours. The course is very well structured with good videos and practical examples. It's a must do course for everyone that is wanting to learn more about design,

By Kalpesh B

Jun 18, 2018

Well structured course with in-depth video tutorials which are easy to understand. the peer-graded assignments is a very effective way to test your knowledge as well as understanding different thought processes of your peers. Overall it is really helpful course. Highly recommended.

By Walid B A

Mar 12, 2020

It’s good to go back to basics even if you are already a graphic designer. These fundamentals are forgettable with time due it enters automatically in the design process, without really noticing them.

For beginners, I highly recommended this course because it’s simple and detailed.

By Maike G

Oct 04, 2016

Great course, well thought out, well presented and lovely lecturer. After having done all 4 publicly available courses in this specialisation, this really was the most fundamental and gave a great summary of what Graphic design is about and which disciplines it involves. 5 stars!

By Ridhi R

Jan 15, 2019

Covers a wide range of topics and really focuses on getting the foundation right to understand graphic design before we jump to executing it. The video lectures are simple to understand the variety of examples and demos is brilliant!

Can't wait to finish the rest of the courses.

By Martin S

Dec 12, 2016

I like this course as its the fundamentals but we do it everyday doing it without knowing it. I am very happy that i am able to recognize what i have been doing. Course is great clear and designed simple to learn but one has to work hard on its end to show how far they can go.

By Paul T

Jun 17, 2020

Great course and well worth the time. The instructor is clear, he makes the course intriguing and easy to follow even if you have absolutely no prior experience with graphic design. Coursera is an easy and great learning platform to use. I especially like the discussion forums.

By Kristin C

Aug 06, 2018

A really interesting, hands on and practical course suitable for complete beginners in the area of design as well as for those with some knowledge. I thoroughly enjoyed this course and look forward to partaking in the following Fundamentals of Graphic Design courses. Thank you!

By Haruna T

Oct 19, 2019

Very clear lectures and hands-on assignments covering the fundermental basics of graphic design. It would have been great if this course explained the context of graphic design such as brief hisory of graphic design or where graphic designs are utilized in the current society.

By Alicia R

Jan 29, 2016

I really am enjoying this course! This course makes you jump right in and play, which is something I love! So far it has been helpful to me and I'm beginning to understand the basics of Graphic Design as well as experimenting with different techniques to create unique images!

By Greeshma G N

Jul 10, 2020

It was really amazing to learn from this course. Got to learn something new and many interesting facts about designs in a broader perspective. Would surely recommend this course to someone who needs to build a base in Graphic Design before practically getting into the field.

By Tae W C

Feb 12, 2016

Great course for anyone!

Excellent learning and hands-on for those in any field and creative interests, also non graphic/visual designer like me. Lessons inspired me and helped applying to other projects I am working on by stimulating creative thinking and ways to experiment.

By khadiga e b

Feb 10, 2016

wonderful course, very helpful with basic knowledge of graphic design usage of elements and forms and terminologies. Thank you, the videos were very helpful and very insightful and easy to follow. I'd so love to carry on taking more courses that can help broaden my knowledge

By Rahul b

Jun 07, 2020

This course was easy yet very helpful building the basics of my skills, Thanks to Coursera to provide such platform to develop our skills with so much of ease & convenience. This course was very easy to understand cuz of such an organized interface & great interface. thanks

By Julie W

Mar 24, 2020

I appreciated the bite-sized video lengths, which made it easy to pop in and out of the content to handle life. Excellent audio and production, and fun, engaging assignments and I look forward to working through the remaining courses in this specialization. Would recommend!

By OSIGBESAN T

Sep 13, 2019

I was so surprised at how much I didn't know. I really appreciate the design process. I always looked forward to learning new things and also loved rating people's assignments too. It was indeed eye opening. Looking forward to what the next course has to offer. Thanks guys.

By Rhea R

May 05, 2020

This course was excellent. The instructor presented the information in a way that was accessible to both novices and experienced designers. Each project built upon the previous one, and by the end of the course I felt that I had retained knowledge and developed new skills.

By Simran K

Jul 15, 2018

I absolutely loved this course! With the use of examples, quizzes and assignments I was able to understand and practice what I learnt. This course taught me a lot about how you can employ simple, small tactics to make a piece of art more sound and aesthetically pleasing.

By Bria C M

Feb 22, 2016

Very clear and not too complicated! I really appreciate how Michael Worthington gave us the history behind each term to give us an in depth understanding of how it functions. This lesson was very thorough and I will definitely apply everything I've learned to my designs.

By Norman K

The instructors are very clear in their communication. The use of videos, quizzes, and assignments goes a long way in ensuring that the message gets home. The practicality of the course makes it exciting in a good way and every lesson is always one to look forward to.