Back to Introduction to Game Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Game Design by California Institute of the Arts

Welcome! This course is an introduction to the primary concepts of gaming, and an exploration of how these basic concepts affect the way gamers interact with our games. In this course you will understand what defines a “game” and the mechanics and rules behind different types of games. Through four linked assignments you'll learn ways to create and describe a game concept, and specifically what makes a compelling game. This course focuses on the conceptual underpinnings of games, and all assignments can be completed with a pencil and paper – no previous programming knowledge is required....

TN

Apr 13, 2020

I really loved doing this course. Learnt how to make a simple game and make it really interesting! I loved how the easily the instructor was able to teach us and make us curious throughout the course.

DG

Feb 13, 2020

The lecture videos from Professor Fran and his old friend were surprisingly entertaining. Kudos to the team because they were able to make it fun, informative, and engaging throughout the four weeks.

176 - 200 of 474 Reviews for Introduction to Game Design

By Troy N

Oct 11, 2018

Deceptively simple at first but becomes much more involved. Excellent through simplicity.

By Lvdi W

Dec 28, 2015

Short and easy-to-take, the courses teaches some of the essential elements of game design.

By supriya s

Mar 31, 2020

The course is excellent for anyone who wants to start building career in gaming industry!

By 罗杰

Apr 19, 2018

Simple course, but useful to me. I learn how to start game design by a correct direction.

By Cesar P

Jul 26, 2017

Love the teacher and the content. I Really enjoy the course from the beginning to the end

By Timothy O

Sep 17, 2017

I loved this class - though as my first exposure to critiquing it was a bit of a shock.

By Ahmad I

Jan 24, 2017

Awesome Course to kick off the Game Design world. Highly recommend for the game lovers.

By Alex M

Nov 03, 2016

Good teacher. You get a the best out of the course by taking the assignments seriously.

By Zheng L

Jun 22, 2018

a good course to motivate you to design game without need to know programming and arts

By Francisco J B V

Apr 02, 2020

Excellent course, everyone that want to create a videogame needs to take this course.

By Barnabás N

Feb 29, 2016

Basic introduction, if you don't know anything about game design this is your chance!

By Irina C

Oct 01, 2015

A great course for beginners. The teacher makes it easy to follow and fun. I love it!

By Pieter S

Apr 04, 2017

Engaging and interesting! This is by far the best online course that I've ever done!

By Alessandro G

Oct 21, 2015

This course is fun, enlightening and stimulating; the lessons are clear and concise.

By Karik J

Sep 25, 2015

OMG! Such a great oportunity to me, i'm a web programming studant, maybe some day!!

By João P R d O

Apr 07, 2020

Awesome classes, great teaching method, just a really really good course overall

By Lucas G d S

Jun 14, 2016

Really amazing this fist step on this road! On the end I have my own boardgame.

By Tiana D

Sep 17, 2018

Great course, learnt a lot, especially from the assignments and peer feedback.

By Hank

Oct 23, 2015

Excellent! The teacher is just so lovely.I love this guy and enjoy this couse!

By David M

Sep 02, 2019

Very enjoyable course with a dynamic teaching method that kept me interested.

By Sebastian R

Mar 07, 2018

I liked the course. It confirmed my knowledge and gave some nice perspective.

By Lana S

Dec 11, 2015

just started it and it's great! they make it so simple and appealing love it!

By Daniil S

Oct 13, 2016

This course provides the most interesting tasks of the whole specialization.

By Jeries H

Nov 11, 2015

Very fun course to take, the teacher makes good dynamics to keep me focused.

By Damanpreet S L

Jul 02, 2016

It was extremely helpful in giving the basic idea of creating a video game