Back to Game Theory

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Game Theory by Stanford University

Popularized by movies such as "A Beautiful Mind," game theory is the mathematical modeling of strategic interaction among rational (and irrational) agents. Beyond what we call `games' in common language, such as chess, poker, soccer, etc., it includes the modeling of conflict among nations, political campaigns, competition among firms, and trading behavior in markets such as the NYSE. How could you begin to model keyword auctions, and peer to peer file-sharing networks, without accounting for the incentives of the people using them? The course will provide the basics: representing games and strategies, the extensive form (which computer scientists call game trees), Bayesian games (modeling things like auctions), repeated and stochastic games, and more. We'll include a variety of examples including classic games and a few applications. You can find a full syllabus and description of the course here: http://web.stanford.edu/~jacksonm/GTOC-Syllabus.html There is also an advanced follow-up course to this one, for people already familiar with game theory: https://www.coursera.org/learn/gametheory2/ You can find an introductory video here: http://web.stanford.edu/~jacksonm/Intro_Networks.mp4...

WY

May 16, 2017

Great ! Interesting and abound at the same time. Hope Professors will clarify the strategic utility function more clearly because it's hard for students with poor math basic(forget most><) right now!

SC

Feb 7, 2022

I would have preferred a more mathematically rigorous treatment of the subject. Nevertheless, this was a great course — the instructors expounded all concepts with exceptional clarity and engagement.

126 - 150 of 795 Reviews for Game Theory

By Kumar k p

Jun 21, 2017

Should have more theoretical questions in assignments. Questions which render one to think for hours are required. Essentially, right now assignments are pure pattern matching.

By Michelle Z

Jul 10, 2020

This course is very informative as we could learn a lot from the instructors. The explanations are top-notch and we are also challenged to apply what we learnt in the quizzes.

By Jesse F S

Dec 14, 2020

This course is incredible. If you are interested in understanding the principles of Game Theory, this is the course for you. This is the best online course I have ever taken.

By Meet P

Apr 16, 2017

Thank you for giving me excellent information on game theory. It is very helpful course for me. Thank you Stanford University,The University of British Columbia and Coursera.

By Lei T

Oct 4, 2016

This course is really helpful for me to understand the game theory, and it's not hard to comprehend so this course is optimal for those who know little about the game theory.

By Rahul U

Jun 21, 2017

It is a course for students who are willing to learn something different other than the subjects in your domain of specialization.Excellent faculty,interesting assignments.

By Greg W

Jun 19, 2018

The first couple of weeks are relatively straightforward, but once the course gets stuck into material, it makes complicated topics fantastically simple (and interesting).

By Amit B

Feb 1, 2019

Awesome, this course is perfect for math-explorers and strategy lovers!! The in-depth knowledge provided was really wonderful! The assignments were also very interesting.

By Himansu V

Mar 31, 2018

One of the best courses I've taken so far. The tutors not only explain the concepts in a clear fashion, but also often encourages us to think simple solutions of our own.

By Konstantinos G

Jun 28, 2017

This course is really heplfull for people who cannot understand how important role the game theory has , even in our daily routine.Congratulations to all the instructors!

By Anders A

Apr 18, 2018

Fun intro to game theory. The tasks were illustrative, the lectures engaging, and the provided games to play both were a great for intuitive understanding of the games.

By Dhruv S

Sep 14, 2017

This was an amazing course. The explanations were brilliant. However, they could be slightly simplified or explained with little more examples!!But, I loved the course

By Amol G

Oct 25, 2019

The course is very interesting and the assignment problems require a lot of thinking. Game Theory is a very mentally stimulating topic and I enjoyed the course a lot.

By Eric A J C

Mar 20, 2019

Took this course while on freshman year, very good video lectures and explanations, I find it is a very complete introductory course and challenging in a good way.

By Keval S

Sep 8, 2021

It was very interesting, fun and informative and I was able to apply this to a few decisions in life. It was explained extremely well and I understood everything.

By Гомза Д А

Feb 4, 2020

pretty nice course. You can learn some basic idea of game theory and able to do all in a good way even if you do not have some learning in this. Recommend so much

By Manuel V

Nov 27, 2018

Un curso maravilloso que te abre a un mundo de nuevos conocimientos y nuevas experiencias de aprendizaje, que fortalecerá el desarrollo de competencias laborales.

By Yasmin B

Apr 11, 2021

Some really interesting content. Accessible yet complex, this course makes you realise that every social and political interaction is actually a strategic game!

By Francisco P A

Aug 23, 2020

Very good course. What I liked the most was that there were so many examples when teaching, not only theory that is ifficult to apply and imagine in exercises.

By José V S d M

Apr 20, 2019

It's very good course. I'm a student of Economics in Federal University of Pernambuco (Brazil) and this course got deep into the subject.

I really appreciate.

By Asmita D

Mar 20, 2020

The course is well suited for beginners. It teaches very well about the different types of game and how to solve them using logic and mathematical analysis

By Abhiraj H

Jul 1, 2017

Pretty challenging course.Requires dedication but provides a firm base for building up further knowledge.Looking forward to studying Advanced applications,

By João V S

Aug 15, 2021

A course that brings you from scratch to a intermediate-advanced level! I´ve only got some trouble trying to understand some explications but nothing bad.

By Shaofeng L

Nov 17, 2019

This is a good fundamental course about some basic knowledge of the Game Theory. But for some advanced content, I don't recommend to choose this course.

By Yache L

Apr 23, 2019

Very concise and professional course.

It helps me a lot for understanding Game theory.

I believe it will support me to pass my exam at Warwick university.