Back to Genetics and Society: A Course for Educators

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Genetics and Society: A Course for Educators by American Museum of Natural History

How have advances in genetics affected society? What do we need to know to make ethical decisions about genetic technologies? This course includes the study of cloning, genetic enhancement, and ownership of genetic information. Course participants will acquire the tools to explore the ethics of modern genetics and learn how to integrate these issues into their classrooms....

DB

Aug 13, 2017

This was a fun, informative course that I enjoyed very much.

AA

Mar 24, 2019

Really very informative thank you so much for this course.

1 - 25 of 29 Reviews for Genetics and Society: A Course for Educators

By Guy L

May 03, 2017

A really well done course that got me thinking in ways that I'm not used to. The insights into how to make science engaging will definitely come in handy as well. All in all a very enjoyable experience with enough new material and new ways of thinking and teaching to keep me interested (even ten years post-PhD in genetics). Thanks!

By Alphonsa V J

Apr 10, 2020

A very well structured and useful course for educators. The ethical issues and conflicts related to modern research are well analyzed and it has increased my knowledge on the subject and also has helped in strengthening my competency in teaching and research.

By Danae C A A

Aug 27, 2019

This course helps me to develop more teaching competences and gave me an opportunity to grown academically.

By David B

Aug 13, 2017

This was a fun, informative course that I enjoyed very much.

By Affifa A

Mar 24, 2019

Really very informative thank you so much for this course.

By Jonathan G

Oct 19, 2015

this was a fantastic course. Genetics fascinates me!

By Anthony M G d S

Great course with great texts and lectures. Congrats

By Mohamed S

Feb 05, 2017

Actually , I've benefited a lot of this course.

By Luisa N S

Nov 24, 2015

Excellent with many resources available

By Gautam A S

Apr 05, 2018

Very informative with concept buildup

By NESIMA S

Apr 07, 2019

very usefull course thank you!!!

By Maria T

Dec 02, 2015

Very good course. Thank you.

By Richard K

Apr 26, 2020

exellent

By Robert C C

Mar 08, 2018

They have too much emphasis on the ethics of genetic research but on genetics itself, and they really should not put so much weight on peer-reviewed assignments as far as the grade go.

By robert d

Jan 26, 2018

Audited this course only. Added to my knowledge and understanding. Would have liked more on ethics otherwise a great course. Highly recommended.

R J Diewold M.D.

Red Deer AB Canada

By Christine L

Feb 19, 2017

This course was very informative and gives an good knowledge of the basics of genetics.

By Torrey W

Feb 13, 2016

This course covered a lot of ground & will be a good jumping off point.

By Lucas S L

É um curso ótimo! Poderia ter mais videos