Back to Global Diplomacy – Diplomacy in the Modern World

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Global Diplomacy – Diplomacy in the Modern World by University of London

The Global Diplomacy course is a unique offering to the MOOC environment. Bringing together cutting edge research in the broad fields of Diplomatic and International Studies, award winning distance learning delivery and the instructors previous experience of delivering a successful MOOC. Please see the volume Global Diplomacy: Theories, Types and Models authored with Dr Alison Holmes, (Westview, 2016), and the Understanding Research Methods MOOC from Coursera. The Global Diplomacy MOOC has a direct heritage in the University of London International Academy/SOAS Global Diplomacy MA Programme launched in April 2013 which have attracted hundreds of students from around the world. The Global Diplomacy MA Programme is provided by the Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy which has been teaching postgraduate courses in Diplomacy for over twenty five years. After completing the 'Global Diplomacy' MOOC, learners will have: 1. The ability to demonstrate a critical understanding of the nature and development of global diplomacy, drawing on a variety of relevant contributing disciplines in the broad field of International Studies. 2. An understanding of changes in diplomatic practices and procedures and the relationship of those changes to contemporary politics. 3. A sound grounding in both theoretical and empirical approaches to debates in diplomacy so that students have been exposed to the and skills needed to analyse global diplomacy. 4. knowledge of issues in global diplomacy in historical and contemporary contexts....

TR
May 1, 2020

Absolutely incredible course in diplomacy that gives you a perfect glimpse of understanding how diplomacy works in practice and what achievements you need to posses in order to become a good diplomat.

MS
Oct 31, 2019

201 - 225 of 1,015 Reviews for Global Diplomacy – Diplomacy in the Modern World

By Arnav S

May 5, 2020

The coursework has been structured incredibly well with appropriate amount of reading and writing. Week 5 as a Revision through thorough run of Interviews is an immensely effective addition.

By Jeyling s f

Jul 30, 2020

was amazing, i learned a lot about diplomacy in the modern world and i know, i"m going to use this knowledge in the future and my classes too.

thanks to all instructors for this good course.

By Ratu S R S

Aug 3, 2020

Great course especially for beginners in the diplomatic field. Would have loved at least a one-off online lecture by the organizers nevertheless, for me, it was a great refresher's course.

By Leonid P

Apr 5, 2020

Thank you for this great course, SOAS! It is my second time with SOAS, University of London on Coursera. I really like your international relations program. Thank you! Thank you very much!

By Yuan L

Jan 6, 2017

this is an awesome course and i'm so much enjoying it. and i learned how to keep dialogue with others and how to master my words so that i can keep communicating with others. thanks a lot!

By Pascal B

Mar 13, 2019

Very interesting and practical course.

Thank you very much to all the skilful speakers who very clearly made their points about global diplomacy.

Really, I have learnt a lot here.

Thank you.

Sep 25, 2020

It has been a wonderful journey taking this course. I have learnt a lot and enjoyed the experience in learning about what diplomacy is and also hearing others' views about it. Thank you.

By Kubilay C K

Feb 4, 2017

As an International Relations with Politics student, I am very satisfied with the content and concept of this course. Definitely well-organized and helpful course related to my subject.

By Kainat M

Jan 25, 2021

I'm extremely overwhelmed throughout this course. I have learned many new dimensions in diplomacy and how we can fix the barriers we are facing in international relations and politics.

By Fabio

Nov 30, 2020

I've really enjoyed this kind of course, with a written assignment at the end of the lecture's week; It's been a very interesting and useful course to get a first sight to the subject!

By JPT S

Jul 30, 2021

I started this course as a beginner to the subject of diplomacy, it provided great learning opportunity to me. The way is organized is interesting and it has broaden my understanding.

By YINGYINGHUANG

Jan 9, 2018

Very enlightening course,the design of the course advances gradually in due order, and is of great help to student who want to have a better and deeper understanding of diplomacy.

By Boniface R

Nov 29, 2020

Worth-taking and inspiring diplomacy course, in-depth discussions, and viewpoints share the exemplary understanding of the practice of diplomacy work as an accomplished diplomat.

By Rabih M

Sep 9, 2019

I loved this course,

Dr. J. Simon Rofe and the professors did a great job in this course, they explained it in a way to reach easily the learners.

I recommend studying this course.

By Sebastian O M

Jul 15, 2021

This course is a great introduction to global diplomacy and international relations. The readings and papers are accurate and neutral. Great course offered by London University.

By Babilla W Z

Jul 28, 2016

A different approach to online learning. Requires concrete proof of feedback that reflects interaction and contemplation of the learner with the content given. Excellent course.

By Edin O

Sep 10, 2021

Although this was a short course on diplomacy, I felt inspired to do something for a purpose beyond just everyday living. To discover, learn and live. It was a great experience

By Marilyn d Y

May 23, 2016

Thank you so much for sharing all your knowledge with us. I am very happy to have had the opportunity to be in such an EXCELLENT course. I will continue studying in this area.

By Ixchel P

Aug 20, 2020

Vaya, este curso me permitió cambiar mi perspectiva de la diplomacia en el mundo actual. Para todos aquellos que quieran aprender más al respecto, se los recomiendo bastante.

By Francesca

Jan 15, 2018

Extremely interesting and stimulating course for sudents and practitioners alike. I appreciated the videos, the reading suggestions and the interaction with fellow students.

By Maria F C

May 15, 2020

This is an amazing opportunity to increase your knowledge and learn about something that passionate you, I really enjoyed this experience and totally recommend this course.

By Raaheeda A

Feb 4, 2020

A well taught course with great interviews for learning and giving structure to the course. Emphasises the need to be critically analytical. I learnt much from this course.

By Мурадян Е М

Great course for those who want to study what is modern diplomacy today. Among the different materials, I liked the videos with different professors in this field the most

By Mesfin A A

Jan 11, 2020

It was a very interesting courses and I learned a lot new ideas. But I am in need of to pursue masters program if you offers me a scholarship to pursue my masters program.

By MARCOS A C B

Mar 28, 2021

Muito interessante como introdução aos estudos sobre diplomacia global, fornecendo informações importantes e pontos de vista interessantes sobre esse instigante assunto.