Back to Global Diplomacy – Diplomacy in the Modern World

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Global Diplomacy – Diplomacy in the Modern World by University of London

The Global Diplomacy course is a unique offering to the MOOC environment. Bringing together cutting edge research in the broad fields of Diplomatic and International Studies, award winning distance learning delivery and the instructors previous experience of delivering a successful MOOC. Please see the volume Global Diplomacy: Theories, Types and Models authored with Dr Alison Holmes, (Westview, 2016), and the Understanding Research Methods MOOC from Coursera. The Global Diplomacy MOOC has a direct heritage in the University of London International Academy/SOAS Global Diplomacy MA Programme launched in April 2013 which have attracted hundreds of students from around the world. The Global Diplomacy MA Programme is provided by the Centre for International Studies and Diplomacy which has been teaching postgraduate courses in Diplomacy for over twenty five years. After completing the 'Global Diplomacy' MOOC, learners will have: 1. The ability to demonstrate a critical understanding of the nature and development of global diplomacy, drawing on a variety of relevant contributing disciplines in the broad field of International Studies. 2. An understanding of changes in diplomatic practices and procedures and the relationship of those changes to contemporary politics. 3. A sound grounding in both theoretical and empirical approaches to debates in diplomacy so that students have been exposed to the and skills needed to analyse global diplomacy. 4. knowledge of issues in global diplomacy in historical and contemporary contexts....

Great course. I had a general interest in diplomacy and wanted a little taste of what it was, this course has provided me just that. It has amazing resources to help enhance our knowledge of diplomacy

TR
May 1, 2020

Absolutely incredible course in diplomacy that gives you a perfect glimpse of understanding how diplomacy works in practice and what achievements you need to posses in order to become a good diplomat.

201 - 225 of 934 Reviews for Global Diplomacy – Diplomacy in the Modern World

By Ixchel P

Aug 20, 2020

Vaya, este curso me permitió cambiar mi perspectiva de la diplomacia en el mundo actual. Para todos aquellos que quieran aprender más al respecto, se los recomiendo bastante.

By Francesca

Jan 15, 2018

Extremely interesting and stimulating course for sudents and practitioners alike. I appreciated the videos, the reading suggestions and the interaction with fellow students.

By Maria F C

May 15, 2020

This is an amazing opportunity to increase your knowledge and learn about something that passionate you, I really enjoyed this experience and totally recommend this course.

By Raaheeda A

Feb 4, 2020

A well taught course with great interviews for learning and giving structure to the course. Emphasises the need to be critically analytical. I learnt much from this course.

By Мурадян Е М

Great course for those who want to study what is modern diplomacy today. Among the different materials, I liked the videos with different professors in this field the most

By Mesfin A A

Jan 11, 2020

It was a very interesting courses and I learned a lot new ideas. But I am in need of to pursue masters program if you offers me a scholarship to pursue my masters program.

By MARCOS A C B

Mar 28, 2021

Muito interessante como introdução aos estudos sobre diplomacia global, fornecendo informações importantes e pontos de vista interessantes sobre esse instigante assunto.

By Jeffrey S B S

Feb 16, 2021

excellent course on the art of diplomacy, I think this course is focused on bilateral relations, but it can be applied to all social and economic actions of private life

By Hari Y G

May 14, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed the learning of course, since from beginning the outline of course framework is outstanding. My objective towards this course has got accomplished.

By Ben M

Jun 9, 2018

Incredibly informative and well put together course addressing all questions I had on this topic! Would highly recommend to anyone with interest in this area of study.

By Jordan B

Apr 7, 2021

Great course, especially if you do all of the assigned and recommended readings. Provides historical and modern day examples and stories making it more comprehensive.

By Samuel K K M

Jun 20, 2020

A great introductory course and an eye-opener for further studies! I can't wait to apply this knowledge to the real world and my further studies. Thank you, Coursera!

By Zulfiqar A R

Jul 10, 2019

Learned the diplomacy from a broader perspective and how to do an analysis of it in the contemporary world. Lectures and the reading materials were very knowledgable.

By Elie A

Mar 1, 2021

One of the good things about this course is that it incites the participant to do the effort, read and learn by themselves with a little help from the instructors.

By Emanuel M

Aug 26, 2016

Relaxed course, giving you the chance to observe both other students and experts' opinions on the matter. Really makes you think about the concepts. Well designed.

By Patrick B T

Apr 22, 2020

It was an amazing experience. I deeply recommend the course for all those who have any interesting about Diplomacy, foreign politics, and international affairs.

By Lana J

Jan 6, 2020

I advise everyone to take this course. Thank you very much, Dr. J Simon Rofe and the Global Diplomacy Team . The course was very interesting and comprehensive.

By Thomas A

Oct 9, 2020

Very intresting course with many points of important topics and subjects. Surely a reccomended cousre for everyone who is intrested in the field of diplomacy.

By Saad U

Jul 5, 2019

I have tremendously benefited from this course and I find it very educating and enlightening regardless of your educational background or professional career.

By YUVRAJ S L

May 8, 2020

amazing course content. brief and necessary. to the point. videos were very useful. tutors were very clear and lucid. thanks a lot to the team. warm regards

By George M

Mar 5, 2017

The course was very informative. I feel i have learnt a lot when it comes to global diplomacy and I definitely will continue learning more about this course

By LEYDI V C S

Nov 23, 2020

great course, where I had the opportunity to remember some things that I had studied for a long time, it is good to hear the different opinions of experts.

By Zalma R D

Sep 16, 2020

Flexible schedule, great professors and very interesting lectures that will help you understand more about the importance of Diplomacy in the Modern World.

By Lucian B T

Aug 19, 2020

I have just completed the Global Diplomacy - Diplomacy in the Modern World online course and I am very satisfied with how the learning method was composed.

By MAISIE M

Jun 2, 2020

This was a great course! I fully enjoyed all the tasks and I found getting feedback was very quick. I would highly recommend it to a fellow student/friend!