Back to The Economics of Health Care Delivery

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Economics of Health Care Delivery by University of Pennsylvania

In this course, you’ll learn about the key components of health care, and the economics behind their principles and pricing strategies. Professors Ezekiel Emanuel of Penn Medicine and Guy David of the Wharton School have designed this course to help you understand the complex structure of the health care system and health insurance. Through study and analysis of providers and insurance through an economic lens, you’ll learn how basic economic principles apply to both principles and payment methods. By the end of this course, you’ll be able to identify different types of health care providers and understand the dynamic between the providers and patient so you can employ best practices and maximize profit for your health care organization....

JB

Jan 27, 2019

Very interesting introduction to the market and governmental forces behind our healthcare system. I enjoyed that the instructor has direct research experience on this topic and spoke candidly.

RA

May 03, 2020

T\n\nh\n\na\n\nn\n\nk you To professors on this wonderful course, I really liked it that I completed it in 5 days. I do believe it is the best health economics course, I have ever attend.

1 - 25 of 49 Reviews for The Economics of Health Care Delivery

By John F

Mar 25, 2020

This is an excellent course. Although I have been to business school, economics is not a topic I'm generally interested in. However, I need a capable understanding for my vocation. The instructors present the complexity of the material in an accessible way. I'm extremely impressed by the research and insight of Guy David PhD. He challenged and changed my level of interest on the topic. I certainly would take any course offering in which he is an instructor. Many epiphany/"ah ha" moments during this course.

By Mario A G

May 01, 2019

This course was very informative and extremely worth the time and effort. I have worked in health care for almost 20 years in various positions and I wish I would have taken this much sooner. The course material is clear, concise, and not going to lie a bit challenging especially if one is not used to the subject matter. That being said, the professors definitely present the material in such a way that by the end of the course you will. Thank you.

By Simo D

Mar 14, 2020

I found that the concept of insurance, economical aspects of the healthcare system have been well articulated. The professors also used some examples of most recent researches results and conclusion to illustrate some concepts and phenomena, such as benefits of vertical merger of hospitals and home care but not hospitals and hospice etc. Very helpful, thanks !

By Alexey D

May 02, 2020

A well structured course that provides the basics of healthcare industry, recommend for taking it.

P.S. will be great to establish a course on financial aspects of hospital operations & new technologies that drive the industry.

By Dean P

Sep 03, 2018

One of the most organized courses here in Coursera. And I'm very pleased that professors gave us the slides, really great help there! By doing that, I eliminate the need to write notes and focused on the lessons themselves!

By vivek s

Apr 05, 2020

Amazing and clear insights on the industry dynamics. I would recommend it to everyone who wants to learn the basics and build a solid foundation in delivering an economically viable healthcare to their respective systems.

By Ahmed A M

Aug 26, 2018

totally helpful for healthcare executives and also healthcare provider who are interested in healthcare investment. it provides a grasp on the basics of health insurance and the different stakeholders.

By Jessica B

a

n

By Kristine N K

Sep 11, 2019

I was able to learn simple approach to healthcare delivery systems in the U.S. Thanks to this course, I am ready to move to the next level and learn further.

By Adnane A

Nov 05, 2018

I thank you very much, I really learned a lot, and I can understand how the health system works

thanks to the very competent teachers, thanks to coursera

By Ricardo C

Apr 26, 2020

Good introduction of the Heath Care market without being too detailed. It is exactly what I needed to start a position in the Health Care industry.

By Kevin M

May 12, 2020

Very in depth picture of the American Health Care System. I suggest other health systems can be included also for foreign students.

By Tamilla M

Dec 22, 2018

This is excellent course covering the US health care system structure including financing and major players.

By John T T

Jul 11, 2019

Well crafted and delivered. great introduction to the health care market, applicable to any setting.

By Brandon S

Jul 11, 2019

This is an incredible crash course into the impact of and complexity of the healthcare industry!

By Claudia l

Apr 21, 2020

excellent materials

excellent instructor and videos. I am very pleased with the course content.

By Jitendra A

Jul 18, 2019

I feel privileged to undergo this course as I could learn so many concepts pertaining to U.S.

By Assem A A

Apr 20, 2020

it was marvelous course, condensed & very informative about the health care system in US

By Miao G

Feb 05, 2020

Excellent course, content is very well presented and provide great overall picture.

By Rahma m

Jan 30, 2020

The instructor can deliver the info in smooth and easy way

By Matias E B M

Excelente curso. Muy descriptivo e interesante.

By Nachiket G

May 01, 2020

it is an informative one. I enjoyed learning.

By Douglas K M

Jan 28, 2020

This is a well packaged module. Thank you