Back to How to Write a Resume (Project-Centered Course)

Learner Reviews & Feedback for How to Write a Resume (Project-Centered Course) by The State University of New York

What you’ll achieve: In this project-centered course*, you will craft an essential cornerstone of the modern-day job or internship search: the resume. You’ll review resume best practices and explore current trends with guidance from a professional career counselor and recruiter, and you’ll exchange structured feedback with your peers as you work to polish your own resume. When you complete the course, you’ll have an eye-catching resume that lets your professional strengths shine. What you’ll need to get started: This course is designed primarily for young professionals or college students who are writing their first resume or looking to give an old resume a fresh and polished professional look. All job seekers will benefit from the course material and project, however, regardless of their career stage or professional background. All you will need is word processing software that allows you to create a resume on a computer- there are free tools available. *About Project-Centered Courses: Project-centered courses are designed to help you complete a personally meaningful real-world project, with your instructor and a community of like-minded supportive learners with similar goals providing guidance and suggestions along the way. By actively applying new concepts as you learn, you’ll master the course content more efficiently; you’ll also get a head start on using the skills you gain to make positive changes in your life and career. When you complete the course, you’ll have a finished project that you’ll be proud to use and share....

RP

It's wonderful experience with Quiz of Resume. I learn lots of things about resume and I am sure after completing this wonderful course everyone can write a effective and impressive resume.thank you.

M
Apr 13, 2020

In the words of myself , i would say "Coursera" is certainty an highly professional educative platform to learn about academic and non academic lessons. I'm pretty much pleased with their lessons.

626 - 650 of 896 Reviews for How to Write a Resume (Project-Centered Course)

By Sanjay J

Apr 28, 2020

Best

By ANOOP H A

Apr 28, 2020

good

By Muhammad S

Apr 9, 2020

Awla

By 仁华

Dec 7, 2017

good

By jude

Nov 29, 2016

Good

By KMK H

Oct 19, 2016

Good

By Basit K

May 18, 2021

By Korlapu J

Jul 29, 2020

By MAYUR D K

Apr 26, 2020

Great course and its give right information related to resume writing, but I need to mention more points

1) resume building sites are more likely to build resume more effectively at minimum time

2) the knowledge related to plagiarism, grammer detection, Thesaurus, content writing, and some ms office interface to resume page set up

3) one more thing I missed in this session is more resume should be analysed in different work areas

Like ,on field work area, off field (office) , factory, workshop,

And also the resume for non experience , experience , internship, part time , full time etc.

But thanks to all team

By Khalida D

Apr 24, 2020

This is a great first learner course regarding how to write a resume. However, it enhanced and made sense of what I already knew about resume writing. It made me more confident in writing my own and reviewing others. As students usually email me their resumes for review.

I would like to see more content on resume writing for those in academic/ research professions and those who are career changers that would be fantastic!!!

By Menna N

May 27, 2017

that is a helpful course to start making your resume with a strong structure, the most advantage i got form the course is learning how to evaluate the resume even it was mine or for any some one else & that's the start of improving your skill of writing a strong resume

only the disadvantage of the course is that it might needs more examples & practicing exercises to have more benefits from the course

By Nitish K

Jul 16, 2021

Learning the basics of resume writing was fun. It has so many insightful information and suggestions which help us understand the whole game from fundamentals to advanced job related concepts. Thank you Coursera! This will certainly help me throughout my whole life in writing, developing and improving resumes. It's an honor to have earned a sharable certificate too.

By Kalyani M

Jun 23, 2020

It was a useful and very compactly organized content. Really helped me gain some significant insights. The best thing I learnt is how to use very strong action words and what to focus on while writing the bullet points. I enjoyed solving the quiz questions related to this section. It was challenging and fun. Good , quick course.

By Diego D C C

Jul 11, 2021

I thought the course was great, the information was also great, and the way it was thought had no problems. It is a little bit annoying that the quizzes are locked, and I don't think they would've made a very big impact on your course, so locking them I find a little strange. Thanks for the information and the teaching though!

By Gina B

Jul 1, 2020

I thought this was an overall helpful course. However, I do think It Is geared more towards first-time resume writers rather than people who have graduated college and have had a resume for some time. I don't feel like as much of the class content was focused on cleaning up the resume as It was on how to write/format one.

By Yashwanth R

Jun 25, 2020

Would love to give a 5 star for the approach of teaching but the only issue is I was not able to consume required content from the course.The course talks about people who are experienced in field but it doesn't speak much about how a freshers resume must look.Overall,glad i took this course.

By Maria y

Jun 17, 2016

Not bad, I knew some tips from this course, it was rather brief and informative, but didn't contain full information of resume writhing. So after finishing the course I can only orient on the samples given and on separate lifehacks, but not making my resume by steps.

Still almost perfect

By Pallavi M

May 26, 2021

There are small details that the Professor just not only tells but also explains as to why he says so that can make one's resume stand out. However, one must be thorough with the statements that he makes but those are really important to draft a professional resume :)

By Monika E

Some participants of this course do not take the course seriously, therefore it is really hard to get real feedback on your resume. Overall, I liked the course and I have gotten some great information to implement when applying for jobs next!

By Niena M

May 15, 2020

This is a really nice beginner course for those who have no idea what they were doing. I wish they could have dabbled in more scenarios where the person is fresh out of college or did not in generally participate in any club or project

By SHAH K D

Jun 19, 2020

I had more expectations from peer grade review ssignment, but all i got was -Good, Google ypur question, and too many bullet points. I was ho[ing for more detailed review. Nonetheless overall the course was good and quite informative