Back to The Importance of Listening

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Importance of Listening by Northwestern University

In this second MOOC in the Social Marketing Specialization - "The Importance of Listening" - you will go deep into the Big Data of social and gain a more complete picture of what can be learned from interactions on social sites. You will be amazed at just how much information can be extracted from a single post, picture, or video. In this MOOC, guest speakers from Social Gist, BroadReader, Lexalytics, Semantria, Radian6, and IBM's Bluemix and Social Media Analytics Tools (SMA) will join Professor Hlavac to take you through the full range of analytics tools and options available to you and how to get the most from them. The best part, most of them will be available to you through the MOOC for free! Those purchasing the MOOC will receive special tools, templates, and videos to enhance your learning experience. In completing this course you will develop a fuller understanding of the data and will be able to increase the effectiveness of your content strategy by making better decisions and spotting crises before they happen! MOOC 2 bonus content in the paid toolkit includes access to Semantria's analytics engine to extract some data on the markets you are developing and have it analyzed. As a student in this course, you are being provided the opportunity to access IBM Bluemix® platform-as-a-service trial for up to six months at no-charge with no credit card (up to a $1500 value). NOTE: By enrolling in this course, given access to IBM's Bluemix technology for one month for free as well as Lexalytics' Semantria tool. For those earning a Course Certificate, you will be given an additional five months of Bluemix and three months of Semantria at no cost with a special key code. By enrolling for a Course Certificate for this MOOC, you are acknowledging that your email will be shared with Lexalytics for the sole and express purpose of generating your individual key code. After the key code has been generated, Lexalytics will delete your email from its records. Additional MOOC 2 faculty include: * Steve Dodd (SVP Business Development, Effyis - dba BoardReader and Socialgist - Global Social Media Content Access) * Seth Redmore (CMO, Lexalytics, Inc.) * Chris Gruber (Social Media Analytics Solution Architect, IBM) * Russell Beardall (Cloud Architect, IBM) * Tom Collinger (Executive Director Spiegel Research Center and Senior Director Distance Learning, Medill Integrated Marketing Communications, Northwestern) * Tressie Lieberman (VP Digital Innovation, Taco Bell)...

WL

May 26, 2018

I am enjoying the journey. I anticipate being a better digital marketer than ever before. Thank you for helping me to be better all the way around: personally, academically, and professionally.

AF

Nov 05, 2017

This course is great because you get hands on experience with social listening tools. If you work in social media marketing and want to know more about listening, this class is worth the time.

76 - 100 of 231 Reviews for The Importance of Listening

By Ashley L

May 02, 2016

An excellent course! The tools provided as a part of the Social Media Specialization certificate have been invaluable.

By Christine a

Dec 13, 2015

Loved the class

By Thiago R

Mar 08, 2016

Great, informative and full of great material!

By Christine Q

Aug 02, 2016

I still never quite grasped how to use some of the tools, but I think it was more of an issue with me not having a grasp on the product I want to market rather than the program itself. The listening tools we got out of this mooc are incredible, if you have a PC.

By Sebastián S

Dec 14, 2015

Great

By Yauri

Jan 08, 2016

Excellent.

By Alessio S

Jun 25, 2017

Great tools and explanation on how to find your target market

By Paulo R

Aug 09, 2017

I learned how to use a lot of tools to identify issues, hashtags and influencers on social media.

By Matthew G

Mar 04, 2016

I have learned so much from this course about social, and cannot wait to continue my journey with future courses. I would definitely suggest this course to anyone looking to brush up their knowledge on social media practices.

By Marcela M

Sep 18, 2017

I just can say WOW with all these tools, you don't realize all the information you can get, and all what you can learn

By Ally T

Aug 17, 2016

It is such a helpful course

By Ekaterina S

Jul 04, 2017

very informative with good insights and practical implications

By Sergio V H

May 20, 2016

Awesome course

By Aurora A

Jun 03, 2016

This course opened my eyes! I loved it!

By Halliday H

Feb 15, 2016

Just like MOOC 1, this class is absolutely incredible. Professor Hlavac is great at breaking everything down and making it easy to comprehend. The only thing I had trouble with were the analytic programs mentioned in the course. Bluemix required more programming skills than I had to get it to really work for me. Semantria, on the other hand, seems to be a fantastic program, but I don't use Microsoft Excel. I may have to buy Excel just so I can use Semantria! It looks great!

By mike s

Jan 15, 2017

Totally worth the money and time (weekly 2-3 hours work). Wish I had even more time to further cement my social listening skills, but obviously I am doing this while I try to lead and manage my company, so it can be a little bit hard to balance. I am so glad to start this Social Media Marketing Certificate. 2 down and 4 more to go to complete the whole thing. I am so excited and pumped!

By Eugene T

Jan 03, 2016

Great course with insights into Social Media Marketing!

By XIAOWEN L

Dec 25, 2016

This part is great, I have learned a lot, thank you!

By Smita J

Apr 02, 2016

I love the real-world and practical examples given for social listening. I think the descriptions of exactly how the social listening tools actually work help me with getting my own work done.

By James G

Jan 24, 2016

I though this course did a great job of introducing the idea of social listening and providing tools to implement it.

By violet z

Jun 11, 2016

Practical and direct!

By Shaun C

Feb 08, 2016

There is so much to learn from this course! It's awesome. I really love that what I've learned I can immediately apply to what I'm working on.

By Ken W

Apr 24, 2017

Course provides a good overview of social media monitoring tools.

By Frank B

Sep 08, 2016

Another excellent course in the series.

By Namaa A

Feb 16, 2016

This Mooc Offers some great tools and tips for all social media marketers or just enthusiasts out there, great thorough content will referenced and a great experience all together