Back to Introduction to Classical Music

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Classical Music by Yale University

Using a simple and enjoyable teaching style, this course introduces the novice listener to the wonders of classical music, from Bach fugues to Mozart symphonies to Puccini operas....

SL
Mar 6, 2019

Really appreciate Prof. Wright give us such rich content and sophisticated course. I really enjoy and love it. I am looking forward to seeing more high-level courses from Prof. Wright if there is any.

RR
Mar 23, 2021

A truly wonderful introduction to Classical music. Great course content but perhaps most importantly, Professor Wright is perhaps one of the best teachers I've ever had the pleasure of learning from.

926 - 950 of 961 Reviews for Introduction to Classical Music

By Daniel d M

Jun 30, 2020

O curso é esplêndido, o professor fala detalhadamente sobre todo o processo da evolução da música, e os exemplos são muito bem postos. Infelizmente só não dou 5 estrelas pois o link para a leitura acompanhada não está atualizado, e eu não pude acessá-lo

By Alessia X

Really great introductory course! I wish it could have been a bit longer on the modern and postmodern periods - they felt relatively short compared to the other ones...maybe introduce more artists and let us listen to more pieces?

By Jean R

Aug 24, 2016

Excellent panorama of classical music.

I specially like the lesson about Mozart and the "Dark side of Mozart", and what was said about the social evolution of the musicians.

By Justyna

May 3, 2020

A great course. Perfect for beginner. I really enjoyed the journey of Western classical music from the Middle Ages to the present day.

Thank you very much. I learned a lot.

By Carlos C R H

Muy buen curso, aunque, en mi opinión, sería bueno incluir más preguntas con audio en los quizes para evaluar más la parte auditiva y no tanto el recordar datos.

By Dana C

Dec 23, 2019

Very informative and helpful in learning how to listen to classical music as well as what to listen for when you are attending a musical concert.

By David R

Nov 29, 2020

A great course. The Wikimedia Commons material was a little low tech and not always connected to the lecture (e.g., the diagram on the ear).

By Aquilino v l

no puedo ver el curso en idioma castellano. Ni siquiera en subtitulos. como se puede arreglar porque no veo ninguna opcion

By Titus J M

Aug 17, 2017

now I have a new view and better dimension of classical music. thanks to Yale University, thanks to coursera.

By Leen R

Apr 6, 2016

Great course! I learned a lot, discovered new music and the way mr. Wright presents the content is very good.

By Kimberley J

Jan 3, 2020

A nice guide to classical music. I find the quizes too easy and too easy to do again until you get 100%.

By Yaakov H

May 11, 2017

simply wonderful, but hated his gregorian chant bit. as well assumes you know a bit about music theory.

By Ruan P

Wonderful course which would have been better if I could access the text outside of the US.

By kundan p

Dec 21, 2015

Nice! I am enjoying it!!

explained in simple language, so it is easy to understand.

By Samya K

Jul 19, 2020

Slightly boring at some times but overall engaging and extremely diverse and fun.

By Samuel G

Jan 27, 2021

Good course to start learning and enjoying about Classical Music

By Joy S

Jan 7, 2017

Super long. Super informative. Loved the Beethoven week.

By Jeff B

Jan 17, 2020

Great course! I wish I had taken it 50 years ago!

By Juan C A E

Aug 1, 2020

It was really fun until the last two weeks.

By Marco C

Jul 6, 2020

Very good. I want some more

By JAHFAR M