Back to Introduction to CSS3

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to CSS3 by University of Michigan

The web today is almost unrecognizable from the early days of white pages with lists of blue links. Now, sites are designed with complex layouts, unique fonts, and customized color schemes. This course will show you the basics of Cascading Style Sheets (CSS3). The emphasis will be on learning how to write CSS rules, how to test code, and how to establish good programming habits. When done correctly, the styling of a webpage can take enhance your page. When done incorrectly the result can be worse than no styling at all. To ensure that your sites do not put up barriers for people with cognitive and/or physical disabilities, you will learn how to evaluate pages using the standardized POUR accessibility guidelines. Upon completion of the course, learners will be able to sketch a design for a given HTML page. Using that design they will use CSS to implement the design by adding fonts, colors, and layouts. This is the second course in the Web Design For Everybody specialization. Subsequent courses focus on adding interaction with JavaScript and enhancing the styling with responsive design. It will be difficult to complete this course if you do not have access to a laptop or desktop computer for the homework....

MK
Sep 25, 2020

This course is a recommendable for all beginners who are interested in designing and styling their web pages. The whole course is interesting and challenging at the end of the course and I enjoyed it.

GC
Dec 19, 2020

This course helped me hone my CSS skills. Even though I had some knowledge on the subject, I understood and practiced many things that I had difficulty understanding before. Thanks, Professor Colleen.

176 - 200 of 1,751 Reviews for Introduction to CSS3

By Tefo M

Feb 27, 2021

The course is interesting and the assignments are are challenging. It feels like a campus environment with the forums and peer graded tasks. It's a great addition to my skills.

By Vivek C

Apr 22, 2020

Best Explanation I've Ever got (Collen Van Lent) Awesome Professor She Explain Things Very Nicely!!! and Clearly!!!. Cant't Wait to learn More from her. Cheers!! Peace :-) .

By Muhammad W U R

Nov 22, 2019

Colleen van Lent has done a brilliant job with this course yet again. The videos are beautifully put together and the content is fairly easy to digest. Definitely recommended!

By Alena B

Jul 24, 2017

Very useful course! Informative videos and readings, great "code with me" parts, optional information and links are interesting. And Colleen van Lent is an excellent teacher!

By Sayak M

Sep 14, 2020

A great course offered by the University of Michigan through Coursera and the instructor explained the fundamentals of CSS3 very nicely. Thanks a lot, Colleen van Lent, Ph.D

By Ismail I

Jan 31, 2017

Great course. Found it really helpful. Good for those who are confused using css .Puts a solid foundation on basic concepts. Thus making the user clear about the rest of it.

By Gamaliel E L

Nov 14, 2020

Excelente curso, muy completo y bien explicado. Los códigos y conceptos presentados están bien estructurados y entendibles. La mejor opción si se quiere empezar desde cero.

By Tirthak P

Dec 10, 2018

No need to say !! 😊 .. as The specialization course is mind blowing. I am loving it and specially loving coursera for the platform.

Thank You very much to my instructor. 😊

By Manuel S

Jan 8, 2017

On of the best courses here con Coursera!! Colleen van Lent is the best teacher ever. I loved the material, the classes and more! I found what I was looking for, learn CSS!

By Michael M

Feb 6, 2016

Great explanations by Colleen van Lent. A good number of assignments but maybe the final one could have involved styling a few of the pages in the Ultimate Frisbee website.

By Maame Y S B

Jul 2, 2021

I​ had a deeper understanding of the basics of using CSS to build beautiful and accessible websites. 100% recommend to anyone starting out their Web Development Journey!

By Markus G

Oct 23, 2020

Great course, really took a lot of new ideas, techniques and knowledge with me. Good tutor ! Really eager to learn Javascript now and then... let's see what's up next :)

By Khizer B

Jul 6, 2020

Amazing course. I was always confused and scared to learn web development but this course has helped me get over my fear and has boosted my confidence to try new things.

By Shannon v D

Feb 27, 2020

Great informative course.

Colleen has a great way of teaching.

The assignments are challenging and encourage one to find the information which is a great way to learn.

By Catherine v N

Mar 6, 2017

A thorough introduction into using CSS3, the lectures are well explained and someone who has never used CSS before will definitely gain confidence in using style sheets.

By Aman A

Jul 27, 2016

This course is very interesting and excellent. It teaches from scratch to the high level to how to design the simple page into attractive one reaching the accessibility.

By ROSE, D J

Jul 12, 2020

Excellent course. Colleen is a great instructor and explains everything thoroughly. The assignments are really good practice which helped me to get confident with css3.

By Tejas J

Jun 8, 2020

this course help me a lot to gain knowledge is web development programming and it help me a lot to develop my own websites.The instructor of this course is really nice.

By Jason M

Jan 26, 2016

Very thorough treatment of CSS3! I am quite pleased with what I've learned here and I feel confident that I can achieve advanced CSS-web designs with what I've learned.

By Chilukuri V

Nov 10, 2020

This is a great course,I enjoyed each and every assignment and lecture.I must say this ,the instructor for this course is fabulous.Thank you for this wonderful course.

By Ezekiel E

Dec 2, 2019

Nice Work Colleen van Lent Ph.D. thanks I like the pace really nice but if the discussion could involve some real-time admins its would be better all the same nice 👍.

By Arturo C V

Sep 3, 2020

It is a very good course for someone who knows little about HTML but wants to dare to design web pages without getting discouraged in the attempt. Very good teacher.

By Kevin L A M

Aug 21, 2020

Excellent course, everything is shown in a simple yet effective way. Something that i would like to see is more code together classes, but still an excellent course.

By Lucio O J

Apr 5, 2017

Colleen is an excellent teacher and all of her courses are very well prepared and organized. This was the second course which I took and I am already on a third one.

By Michele F

Nov 26, 2015

Good sequel to the Introduction to HTML5 course. In my opinion, the best beginner level web design specialization on Coursera. Colleen Van Lent is a great lecturer.