Back to An Intuitive Introduction to Probability

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Intuitive Introduction to Probability by University of Zurich

This course will provide you with a basic, intuitive and practical introduction into Probability Theory. You will be able to learn how to apply Probability Theory in different scenarios and you will earn a "toolbox" of methods to deal with uncertainty in your daily life. The course is split in 5 modules. In each module you will first have an easy introduction into the topic, which will serve as a basis to further develop your knowledge about the topic and acquire the "tools" to deal with uncertainty. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to complete 5 exercise sessions to reflect about the content learned in each module and start applying your earned knowledge right away. The topics covered are: "Probability", "Conditional Probability", "Applications", "Random Variables", and "Normal Distribution". You will see how the modules are taught in a lively way, focusing on having an entertaining and useful learning experience! We are looking forward to see you online!...

NS
Sep 16, 2017

Superb course. I am very impressed with the way the faculty explained real world examples through the probability concepts. I wish we can have more courses from him on statistics and machine learning.

MI
Aug 9, 2020

This course has made me fall in love with probability. Highly recommended for anyone who dislikes probability. You will end up loving probability later. Great instructor and quality lecture material.

401 - 425 of 456 Reviews for An Intuitive Introduction to Probability

By Prajjwal a

May 20, 2017

I really liked the ease with which Karl taught some of the most intriguing concepts of probability. I would suggest more numerical s to be included.

By Hasan B

Feb 1, 2017

Very nice and entertaining course

Sometimes the quizzes can be a bit frustrating. They could be set better.

Also, often the quizzes are very trivial.

By Roland R

Mar 25, 2020

I loved the practical examples which really helped me to grasped the essence of statistics without becoming confused with theoretical formulas

By Vinod N

Sep 19, 2019

An excellent coverage of topics and good lectures by Karl. My only quibble is that the exercises could be a little more challenging.

By Prasad K

Apr 4, 2019

Very enthusiastic professor. The real world examples were the highlight of the course. Would have liked more math content though.

By Robert C P

Apr 29, 2017

A very nice introduction. The instructor shows a lot of enthusiasm for the subject. The exercises help reinforce the material.

By Crispin R

Mar 29, 2019

Videos were very useful and interesting. This helped me develop my understanding of statistics in my A-Level Maths course.

By Karrtik I

Nov 15, 2019

Excellent intuition till week 4, however week 5 could have been better. Also exercises can be more tougher and rigourous.

By Shivraj R

Jun 27, 2020

Enjoyed the course. The instructor seemed very involved in teaching and was able to easily impart difficult concepts.

By Vera J

Mar 19, 2021

It would be most welcome to have the course in R. But overall a good and interesting introduction into probability

By ARUNDHATHI N S

Jul 26, 2020

The instructor was awesome.He made it really easy to cope up with the schedule.This course is really worth trying.

By Jeremi S

Nov 29, 2017

Karl has a nice tone, cadence and rhythm. More intuitive than other courses I have taken on the same subject.

By Issam B

Jul 31, 2019

It's an interesting course because it has many applications .Thank you very much to Professor Karl Schmedders

By Mostafa A

A very simple, clear and easy-to-understand course about probabilities and their applications in real life.

By Tomasz S

Mar 7, 2019

Very good course, i would like to have more open questions . Explanation was super - very intuitive :)

By Robert D

Oct 11, 2018

Both the professor and instructor made this course enjoyable and helped me like probability more.

By Mohammad A

Jan 14, 2018

Nice and well prepared course. I think it deserve better a assignment methods. Btw, Thanks Karl

By Jakob P

Jun 10, 2017

A very basic introduction to probability. The lecturer and TA carefully explain all concepts.

By EIRINI M

Jun 10, 2017

Very interesting course, I would like it going a little bit deeper in theoretical level.

By Harshil v

Aug 30, 2020

The discussion forum was not much active . Otherwise a good intoductory course.

Thankyou

By Andrey M

Sep 13, 2018

Nice introduction, especially if you are more interested in applications than math.

By Cris N

May 16, 2017

overview is quite good.

couple of intuitive explanations.

script is more deep.

By Ali H

Jun 1, 2017

Every thing was fine, just I expected a little bit more advanced materials.

By 16- K K

Sep 18, 2020

Very nice course. This course help me to to increase my knowledge.

By Jason N

May 12, 2019

not bad, not technical enough but applications were interesting