Back to Mathematics for Machine Learning: Linear Algebra

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Mathematics for Machine Learning: Linear Algebra by Imperial College London

In this course on Linear Algebra we look at what linear algebra is and how it relates to vectors and matrices. Then we look through what vectors and matrices are and how to work with them, including the knotty problem of eigenvalues and eigenvectors, and how to use these to solve problems. Finally we look at how to use these to do fun things with datasets - like how to rotate images of faces and how to extract eigenvectors to look at how the Pagerank algorithm works. Since we're aiming at data-driven applications, we'll be implementing some of these ideas in code, not just on pencil and paper. Towards the end of the course, you'll write code blocks and encounter Jupyter notebooks in Python, but don't worry, these will be quite short, focussed on the concepts, and will guide you through if you’ve not coded before. At the end of this course you will have an intuitive understanding of vectors and matrices that will help you bridge the gap into linear algebra problems, and how to apply these concepts to machine learning....

HE
Aug 8, 2021

the instrutors were too good and their explination for the concepts was to the point and it made me realize things in linear algebra I didn't know before although I studied it in school of engineering

NS
Dec 22, 2018

Professors teaches in so much friendly manner. This is beginner level course. Don't expect you will dive deep inside the Linear Algebra. But the foundation will become solid if you attend this course.

401 - 425 of 2,067 Reviews for Mathematics for Machine Learning: Linear Algebra

By Sri R

Aug 2, 2020

I'm really glad that i took this course rather waste my time on binge watching.

I gave me a strong intuition about the operations and manupilaiton of matrix and coordinate systems

By Santhosh S

May 22, 2019

The course is very good only thing is you have to spent some quality time to understand in deep why linear algebra is more important and how does it involved in machine learning.

By Alex J

May 13, 2018

I am new to this platform...

I would have liked to have the option for the system to accept lower grade (60%) if I don't have time to do 80% but have general idea on how to do it.

By Arun K

Apr 11, 2018

If you are a bottom-up person who has to understand nuts and bolts before going up the software stack, this is the course to start your machine learning study. - From a ML newbie

By RISHAV K

Oct 4, 2020

The course is beneficial for the development of intuition of the underpinnings of Linear Algebra. But, the pace and details covered may sometimes be overwhelming for a beginner.

By Jack C

Sep 4, 2019

Truly fantastic. It is so clear, and the questions are the right difficulty, because they are challenging and make sure that all the concepts explained are thoroughly understood

By Shivam P

Everything was very well explained except the Page Rank part.A more detailed explanation would have been better. Overall a fantastic course for understanding Mathematics for ML

By Muthu K

Apr 6, 2020

I would like to extend my thanks to the Coursera team and the team from Imperial College London for giving us such a platform to learn the basics to keep our foundation strong.

By Jugal H

Jun 1, 2020

Beautifully delivered and with strong foundations, this course teaches you just the right set of things you will need to build your Linear Algebra skills for Machine Learning.

By Boon L

Overall it has been great in being given an opportunity to dive into mathematics world with some real useful examples! Thank you very much. Hope to see you again next courses.

By Oscar S

I've learn the basics and other interesting topics about linear algebra. I think that the lecturer's use a simple language to describe all that it is behind the linear algebra

By Gaurav A

Feb 7, 2019

I will recommend this course to everyone. The way I think about matrices and eigenvectors are completely changed. This course makes the Linear Algebra very easy to understand.

By Sanjay N

Aug 5, 2020

The videos are brief, yet really informative. Main aspects of the subjects are covered and the lectures communicate the ideas in an intuitive manner for better understanding.

By Akshay K

Nov 19, 2018

Loved it. One of the best courses I have taken in Coursera so far. The thoughtfulness with which the content is developed and delivered, technology used etc. are impeccable.

By Maxwell G

Aug 30, 2021

nice course which is provided by one of the most famous school around the world. It will give us the opportunities for programming and machine learning. Really recommended.

By Yuta S

May 4, 2021

Amazing course I have ever had. The explanation helped me understand the complex concept. Strongly recommend to take it if you would like to build up the basic math skills.

By Arun I

Aug 3, 2020

Great course. Great instructors and loved the whole course.

Basis transformations, eigen vectors, eigen basis and related applications were great and explained with clarity.

By mostafa i

Jan 9, 2020

Really the content of the course and the Instructor are amazing really thanks as i understand how we can map the linear algebra to the real life especially Machine Learning

By Akash s

Dec 22, 2020

I had completed the Machine Learning course earlier and was browsing for related maths and I stumbled upon the linear algebra course as I found it to be quite instructive.

By Sofiatun N

Mar 11, 2021

I am very happy to be given the opportunity to take this course. I like the visualization part because I try to play the numbers and see what happens. You have to try it.

By Farhodbek S

Mar 7, 2021

It was awesome. The core concepts explained in a best way. I really appreciate their work and recommend to everybody who is looking for the best course of linear algebra.

By Rahul N

Aug 24, 2020

This course gave me the best knowledge about Linear Algebra right from basics. The concepts in this course will be very useful and are actually essential for programming.

By Lude R

Jun 9, 2020

The lectures are very organized and concise. The practice problems, including coding exercises, are very relevant and helpful for understanding and applying the concepts.

By Marina P

Aug 20, 2019

Enjoyed a lot this course! Its very practical and visual, the assignments are fun and I learned a lot from them. Sometimes it was quite challenging, but not overwhelming.

By ps s

Apr 22, 2018

very well designed course. After a long search for perfect math intro to ML this was the perfect course i stumbled upon. Instructors are engaging and content is relevant.