Back to Mathematics for Machine Learning: Linear Algebra

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Mathematics for Machine Learning: Linear Algebra by Imperial College London

In this course on Linear Algebra we look at what linear algebra is and how it relates to vectors and matrices. Then we look through what vectors and matrices are and how to work with them, including the knotty problem of eigenvalues and eigenvectors, and how to use these to solve problems. Finally we look at how to use these to do fun things with datasets - like how to rotate images of faces and how to extract eigenvectors to look at how the Pagerank algorithm works. Since we're aiming at data-driven applications, we'll be implementing some of these ideas in code, not just on pencil and paper. Towards the end of the course, you'll write code blocks and encounter Jupyter notebooks in Python, but don't worry, these will be quite short, focussed on the concepts, and will guide you through if you’ve not coded before. At the end of this course you will have an intuitive understanding of vectors and matrices that will help you bridge the gap into linear algebra problems, and how to apply these concepts to machine learning....

PL
Aug 25, 2018

Great way to learn about applied Linear Algebra. Should be fairly easy if you have any background with linear algebra, but looks at concepts through the scope of geometric application, which is fresh.

CS
Mar 31, 2018

Amazing course, great instructors. The amount of working linear algebra knowledge you get from this single course is substantial. It has already helped solidify my learning in other ML and AI courses.

401 - 425 of 1,990 Reviews for Mathematics for Machine Learning: Linear Algebra

By AKASH S

Dec 22, 2020

I had completed the Machine Learning course earlier and was browsing for related maths and I stumbled upon the linear algebra course as I found it to be quite instructive.

By Sofiatun N

Mar 11, 2021

I am very happy to be given the opportunity to take this course. I like the visualization part because I try to play the numbers and see what happens. You have to try it.

By Farhodbek S

Mar 7, 2021

It was awesome. The core concepts explained in a best way. I really appreciate their work and recommend to everybody who is looking for the best course of linear algebra.

By Rahul N

Aug 24, 2020

This course gave me the best knowledge about Linear Algebra right from basics. The concepts in this course will be very useful and are actually essential for programming.

By Lude R

Jun 9, 2020

The lectures are very organized and concise. The practice problems, including coding exercises, are very relevant and helpful for understanding and applying the concepts.

By Marina P

Aug 20, 2019

Enjoyed a lot this course! Its very practical and visual, the assignments are fun and I learned a lot from them. Sometimes it was quite challenging, but not overwhelming.

By Pavani R

Apr 22, 2018

very well designed course. After a long search for perfect math intro to ML this was the perfect course i stumbled upon. Instructors are engaging and content is relevant.

By Percy A L G

Nov 23, 2020

Muy buen curso, te da un muy buen repaso del algebra lineal aprendido en la universidad, si eres nuevo en el tema también es didáctica la forma de enseñar y los ejemplos

By Omkar R

Jun 3, 2020

I really enjoyed both the instuctors their, teching skills are so good.I highly recommend this course to my peers those who want to do their career in machine learning .

By mrinal

Apr 29, 2018

I really enjoyed this course esp the way it was taught .The presenter used geometrical representation to make the theory understand. There was no need to refer the book.

By Anmol M

Feb 20, 2021

Very good course to formulate intuitions for underlying mathematics of ML algorithms. This is everything that is missing from all the practical courses on the internet.

By Prateek k

Sep 6, 2020

Very good course for me to start having better understanding of linear algebra for even a high school student... thank you very much for the awesome course content....

By Ritu R

Oct 2, 2019

If you are a machine learner I will recommend you should take this course, it's a like foundation it helps me a lot to understand the machine learning at deeper level.

By Arthur T R

Sep 18, 2018

Excellent course, covering a lot of important concepts and giving a simple and intuitive interpretation for them. One of the best online courses I ever participated.

By Andrew B

Aug 20, 2019

The seminar gave a much better conceptual understanding of linear algebra that I have not appreciated from previous course work. I thoroughly enjoy all the lectures

By sameen n

Feb 22, 2019

It give me basic understanding of vectors and matrices. Understand the concepts of eigen values and eigen vectors and got understanding of how google pagerank works.

By Tichakunda

Jan 3, 2019

This is a top intro class and looks at linear algebra from first principles , focusing on the intuition (and the math follows very smoothly). Perfect class, really!

By Jaffer K

Sep 18, 2018

A really good refresher of past concepts. It builds intuition into basics that bug many people. This course can help anyone build a good foundation in Linear Algebra

By MohAmedd M

Jul 31, 2018

Excellent foundation course , gave me an idea how linear algebra being used for algorithms developing and enhance my intuitive about solving linear algebra problems

By Tarit G

Dec 2, 2020

Excellent course to learn Linear algebra. Thank you to the whole team worked for making this course available to the whole world. Special thanks to the instructors.

By Sudhir J

Jan 24, 2020

The 5 star goes for only and only the educator. I could never find such energy and enthusiasm in a teacher teaching Mathematics. Hope he teaches other subjects too!

By Fernando M

Jun 13, 2020

Excelent course. I enjoyed and learn a lot. A great decision to start a Machine Learning course at Imperial. Ready for the second course of the especialization. :)

By Shitanshu B

Highly interactive and amazing course with great learning experience . Thanks to the instructors and there tremendous efforts to explain things in a lucid manner .

By Michael P G

Apr 18, 2020

Small pieces tackled one at a time, but with some challenging exercises. Not a substitute for a full linear algebra course, but a great coverage of the highlights.

By Reinaldo L N

Feb 17, 2020

Awesome! I didn't know how much I needed this reinforcement, as I had my linear algebra near to 30 years ago. Congratulations to Dave and Sam, two great teachers !