Back to Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential by McMaster University

Mindshift is designed to help boost your career and life in today’s fast-paced learning environment. Whatever your age or stage, Mindshift teaches you essentials such as how to get the most out of online learning and MOOCs, how to seek out and work with mentors, the secrets to avoiding career ruts (and catastrophes) and general ruts in life, and insights such as the value of selective ignorance over general competence. We’ll provide practical insights from science about how to learn and change effectively even in maturity, and we’ll build on what you already know to take your life’s learning in fantastic new directions. This course is designed to show you how to look at what you’re learning, and your place in what’s unfolding in the society around you, so you can be what you want to be, given the real world constraints that life puts on us all. You’ll see that by using certain mental tools and insights, you can learn and do more—far more—than you might have ever dreamed! This course can be taken independent of, concurrent with, or subsequent to, its companion course, Learning How to Learn. (Mindshift is more career focused, and Learning How to Learn is more learning focused.)...

TM

Feb 12, 2018

I really enjoyed the first course, Learn 2Learn. The female professor is great but the boring old guy should have been kicked out of the course, as he do not provide anything of value for the course.

SN

Jan 18, 2018

Thank you Barbara. It was really enjoyable trip with you in this course. I have found many new learning techniques. Your positive behavior was very encouraging for me to begin a new list of my life!

276 - 300 of 1,010 Reviews for Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential

By Jaroslaw P

May 11, 2017

The course is great! Big thanks to Barbar Oakley and Terrence Sejnowski for this course and "Learning how to learn". It is both informative and fun :-)

By Brando M

Dec 27, 2017

Amazing course! Highly recommend it for anyone that wants to improve their life. Accessible to anyone at any age. ANY AGE. ANY AGE. seriously, any age.

By Abigail K

Aug 06, 2017

This was my first course on Coursera and I'm so glad. It set a high precedent and has given me a great foundation on which to continue my MOOC journey.

By Marie K

Nov 22, 2019

I took this course because I enjoyed learning How to Learn so much. Though it covered some of the same information it was still worth the extra time.

By Mônica B

Feb 04, 2018

Excellent! Dr Barbara and Dr Terence give us the strength to continuous believe in our capabilities. Excited to have next class! Thank you professors!

By Chamroeun P

Dec 29, 2017

This course is incredible beneficial. It shows different aspects of learning can inspired you even you are the one who think you can't do it to learn.

By Miriam M

Nov 16, 2019

I enjoyed the way the content was presented, it is easy to grasp because of the many examples and supporting animations. Barbara is a great teacher!

By 翁瑶

Apr 18, 2019

This is an excellent course, I have learned a lot in this course, if you want to study efficiently, then you should have a good look at this course.

By Mylene

Jan 09, 2018

Again a great course by Barb and Terry, a very nice follow up from learning how to learn! Well done and thank you! just what the doctor ordered ;-)

By Deepu R

Jun 05, 2017

This is really a good and interactive course, helps to understand the process of learning and identify own potential within you. highly recommended

By Caroline F

Oct 12, 2019

Some of the graphics are very old school/cheesy but the content is relevant and does stick with you. Very suitable for people in the Learning Prof

By Michael W

May 07, 2017

If you want to expand your mind and get some great tips on how to navigate the modern carrier world this course and the book are a great resource.

By mohammad

May 30, 2018

just great, you must take it before go through learning other online courses, it makes you avoid many mistakes and provide you many good options.

By Sergio A H

Jun 27, 2018

Proud to it's name this course is really minshiftting, you can rediscover your way of thinking and find a new inspiration for your learning path

By Karen Z

Jul 26, 2017

it's a great course. it helps grasp the skills how to learn things more effectively, and it opens my eyes on my career/life planning. thank you!

By Alexander P

May 31, 2017

Very nice course with many helpful thoughts and insights. Wish I had seen it when I was younger.

I enjoyed Barb's and Terry's positive approach.

By Angela B

Jun 26, 2019

I learned so much from both this course and Learning to Learn. Excellent material that I use consistently in my day to day. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

By Alessandra C

Dec 19, 2017

Very informative and inspiring course! I like that it is also fun and enjoyable, I almost always followed the videos with a smile on my face :)

By Anna M

Sep 25, 2017

This is a valuable course, I would recommend this to those who are in their career stagnant or in the midst of making a study or carreer shift.

By Said A

Jun 11, 2017

Best course I ever took. Informative, entertaining and motivating. It will surely create Mind shift in your intellectual and professional life.

By Antreina S

Oct 13, 2017

I absolutely love this class. Very informative and inspirational. You can learn anything. Practice, practice and practice. Great teachers!

By Ebina Y

May 29, 2017

It's great course to the people struggling to learn, I enjoyed this course and help me a lot in my further learning life. Thank you very much.

By Pablo C

Aug 16, 2019

Totally amazing! This course gives you the tips to change to a life full of enjoyment while learning without limitations! Highly recommended!

By Neil R

May 31, 2017

Great course following on from learning how to learn that takes you into the practicalities of how to move into something that interests you.

By Claudia C

Sep 03, 2019

Excellent course! Enlightening and inspiring ways of looking at lifelong learning and how the brain works made this course fun and engaging.