Back to Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential by McMaster University

Mindshift is designed to help boost your career and life in today’s fast-paced learning environment. Whatever your age or stage, Mindshift teaches you essentials such as how to get the most out of online learning and MOOCs, how to seek out and work with mentors, the secrets to avoiding career ruts (and catastrophes) and general ruts in life, and insights such as the value of selective ignorance over general competence. We’ll provide practical insights from science about how to learn and change effectively even in maturity, and we’ll build on what you already know to take your life’s learning in fantastic new directions. This course is designed to show you how to look at what you’re learning, and your place in what’s unfolding in the society around you, so you can be what you want to be, given the real world constraints that life puts on us all. You’ll see that by using certain mental tools and insights, you can learn and do more—far more—than you might have ever dreamed! This course can be taken independent of, concurrent with, or subsequent to, its companion course, Learning How to Learn. (Mindshift is more career focused, and Learning How to Learn is more learning focused.)...

TM

Feb 12, 2018

I really enjoyed the first course, Learn 2Learn. The female professor is great but the boring old guy should have been kicked out of the course, as he do not provide anything of value for the course.

SN

Jan 18, 2018

Thank you Barbara. It was really enjoyable trip with you in this course. I have found many new learning techniques. Your positive behavior was very encouraging for me to begin a new list of my life!

401 - 425 of 1,084 Reviews for Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential

By Fatima Z F F

Jun 04, 2017

I enjoyed taking this course and it encouraged me to do a new shift in my professional carrier reasonablly.

By Mark P

May 31, 2017

Another quality course from Barbara and Terence. Thank you, you're both making a big difference to my life!

By Bart B

Jul 11, 2019

Great course! Highly recommended! As a retiree it was a great fit for my thoughts, hopes and expectations.

By Ali W H

Jun 04, 2019

From the first week you will start to know amazing new things and consider change in your way of learning.

Sep 04, 2018

One of the best online courses I have ever taken , Big thanks to Dr. Barbara Oakley Dr. Terrence Sejnowski

By Vladimir

Oct 01, 2017

Highly Recommended Course for everyone. Easy and fun go through, yet provides with very powerful concepts.

By Lipika B

Aug 25, 2017

excellent. Lots of information regarding active learning along with change in career in life. I liked it.

By Laura P B

Jul 26, 2017

Clear and straight forward! It's a must to understand better our careers and to develop our full potential

By Antonio G N

May 06, 2017

Excellent course! I learned awesome tricks to deal with stressful emotions and earned a lot of self esteem

By Ayman M H

Jul 04, 2019

It's great course.. It was very useful to me. The instructors made it clear and I learned a lot from them

By Dariya S

Jan 02, 2019

This course really empowers you and lets you understand the important processes that go on in your brain.

By Minh D

Dec 11, 2018

Very importance course! I've changed my way of thinking a lot after learning this course. Thank teachers!

By Alexander Y

Jul 30, 2017

Nice motivational course with lots of concepts of personal lifetime learning and development synthesized!

By Liudmila I

Apr 13, 2017

Interesting course with a lot of useful information! The team that created this course did a great work!

By Oliver

Sep 29, 2019

Pretty good course, I learned a lot of tips about the brain working principle and how to board my mind.

By Luis E C J

Aug 27, 2018

beatifull, and amazing information, I recommend it a lot for change the way to see the knowledge areas.

By Marcin L

Oct 29, 2017

Really worth the time spent for going through. Presents great ideas, now only use them in daily life :)

By Steve W

Sep 23, 2017

This is a very helpful course that provides you with useful information on how to get more out of life.

By Екатерина А М

Sep 04, 2019

Курс прекрасно структурирован, практичен, но при этом во многом повторяет материалы предыдущего курса.

By Antoinette M

Dec 20, 2017

A great course to open your mind to a new way of looking at the world around you as well as your own i

By Jose Y

Jun 11, 2017

This MOOC fulfills the objective which is stated in its title. Informative, engaging and to the point.

By Roger E I F

Jan 12, 2018

A fantastic couse that has helped me a lot brushing up on old concepts and learning new ones as well.

By Renato G

Dec 12, 2017

Excellent course. Great tips and interesting ideas to keep oneself motivated and engaged in learning.

By Victoria V

Oct 27, 2017

It's the most wonderful course ever for those who just started their mindshift or are about to start.