Back to Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential by McMaster University

Mindshift is designed to help boost your career and life in today’s fast-paced learning environment. Whatever your age or stage, Mindshift teaches you essentials such as how to get the most out of online learning and MOOCs, how to seek out and work with mentors, the secrets to avoiding career ruts (and catastrophes) and general ruts in life, and insights such as the value of selective ignorance over general competence. We’ll provide practical insights from science about how to learn and change effectively even in maturity, and we’ll build on what you already know to take your life’s learning in fantastic new directions. This course is designed to show you how to look at what you’re learning, and your place in what’s unfolding in the society around you, so you can be what you want to be, given the real world constraints that life puts on us all. You’ll see that by using certain mental tools and insights, you can learn and do more—far more—than you might have ever dreamed! This course can be taken independent of, concurrent with, or subsequent to, its companion course, Learning How to Learn. (Mindshift is more career focused, and Learning How to Learn is more learning focused.)...

LV
Apr 30, 2020

I enjoyed this MOOC. It is very well-done and clearly covers the topics of mindshifting along with career advancement. Also--good illustrations and visuals/sounds which assist in the learning process.

SM
Jun 21, 2020

401 - 425 of 2,861 Reviews for Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential

By ARIEL V D L C

Aug 31, 2020

This Mindshift course is very useful and helpful in learning tool that opens doors and widens my horizon into learning something new, It views me on appreciating my negative qualities and experiences to accept and enhance myself personally and professionally .

By Ayesha f

Aug 31, 2020

This course transformed me into a more confident and enthusiastic learner. Ths course is one of the best courses that focuses of self developement as well as career development . Now I am proud of my flaws and bad habits and I am looking forward to mindshift .

By LOPEZ R T E

Jul 22, 2020

It was a good course, a great follow up to Learning how to learn, it reforce and give some extra topics on how to learn more effectively, if you have time and want to know more you can take this to larn about the process of making MOOC´s and other cool stuff.

By Maria I V

Sep 19, 2018

It's a great course. It is the perfect complement of Learning how to learn. I really enjoy the teachers because they explain the subjects in a way every body can understand. Thanks to them and the course I change my way of learning and even my life. I LOVE IT

By Ammar T A

Jul 14, 2017

This is the first ever MOOC I have completed and I loved it! It's something which will help me learn over a period of time and has opened up my mind as to how our minds actually work. Thank you for this great learning opportunity that you have provided to us.

By HUNG M H

Jul 10, 2020

Thank you for providing this helpful course, I learned a lot from it. From now on, I will use what I have learned from this course when I am learning, and correct my incorrect notion from now on. The most important is I feel more confident after this course!

By Shahrzad N

Jun 3, 2018

The Mindshift Course was excellent, full of interesting and useful points. I really enjoyed every moment of it. I am going to watch some of the videos again and take notes.

Thank you so much dear professors, specially Barb Oakley . You are a great teacher!

By Carla B

Jan 13, 2018

Highly recommended course to anyone who is feeling discouraged with started their career or even going through a career transition. This MOOC teaches you the value of learning and shows some really good insight on how to be more effective with your learning.

By Polina L

I would like to thank the team for marvelous course! Mindshift is my first course in Coursera which allowed me to structurize my knowledge about learning, knew some useful technics but the most important - this course encouraged me to learn more new things.

By Manish K P

Apr 19, 2020

This is a must have course. It does not matter who you are or what you are trying to achieve. If you take this mooc it will definitely help you tremendously in your life. Basic Idea behind this course us how easy it is for us to do a mindshift in our life.

By Paras M

This course talks about all the difficulties and worries one may face in life when the person does a mind-shift. The good part is this it gives solutions and techniques, which actually works. Most importantly the whole course is very engaging and relaxing.

By Sheila G

Aug 13, 2020

Mindshift has sparked in me the desire to learn and keep taking more MOOCs to advance/change my career. I really enjoyed Barbara and would enlist in any other course she decided to teach. Well crafted and conveyed and always kept me motivated to complete.

By Jakeson Q

A real mind shift and an eye-opener for me; I gained a lot taking this short course. It's worthwhile that I've shared my learning with my wife and applied an immediate effect to redirect my passion-reality, private and career path altogether in one place.

By Analía S

May 17, 2018

I´ve found the course inspirational, motivating and easy to follow. It´s very well organized and crammed with new ideas. The instructors are amazing. I ´m a life-long learner and this MOOC has made me reflect on my personal and professional develpment.

By Verónica O J

Sep 23, 2020

Like "Learnig how to learn", it´s a wonderfull MOOC. Have a lot of processes on your brain that we don´t understand and it´s really helpfull to know about that. Have a lot of tips to have a better physical and mental health. Thank you about the feedback!

By Kiran M M

May 2, 2020

Thanks to Dr. Barbara Oakley and Dr. Terrence Sejnowski for Mindshift. It was a wonderful course. One of the interesting things it taught me is to broaden my skills rather than those that are my passion. I am actively working on it. Thank you so much :)

By Rogério H C d O

Oct 6, 2017

The course is excellent! Anyone who wishes to pursue a path of continuous improvement in their development will benefit greatly from the content addressed here. Give yourself the means for your own personal and professional development: take this course!

By VISHWA S

May 7, 2020

This is the best MOOC I have ever learned. Professor Barbara Oakley is a very engaging person. One thing I just wanted to suggest is that the quality of videos could have been better. I just love this course. Thank you so much, Coursera and Mindshift.

By Chairman M

Jun 28, 2020

Perfect Course for anyone Willing to learn how to Shift from Old methods of learning to up to date ways of thinking and learning and understanding material and careers in life in a great way that would be highly influential to your present and future .

By Fariha N E A

Nov 3, 2020

Talking style of Barbara Ma'm attracting me most and this is the 1st reason I have completed this course. She has talked wonderfully about many things, I am amazed by those. Now I want to do the course "Learning how to learn".

Thanks and wish me luck!!

By MA. C T E

Aug 29, 2020

This MOOC is very interesting and informative that is highly recommended for both young and adult learners who feel imposter, stagnant, and bored in their career life. After you have finished this course, you can do more, change more, and learn more.

By Salena C

This course was very informative in helping me see "flaws" in a more positive way and giving me additional tools that will help me during my learning journey. The professors are very engaging and make the material fun to learn. I highly recommend it.

By Fang T ( L

Apr 22, 2020

Great course using neuroscience to make sense of common problems we face in the journey of learning! I finished the course in 1.5 week by speeding up the videos. All the speakers are very eloquent and the quiz is a great review to ensure comprehension

By satnur K

Nov 19, 2017

Excellent course for thinking about ourself and a good way to improve the overall behaviour. I have heard advices never heard before. The professors have a very positive attitude and share their knowledges and experiences.

Definitely worth following.

By Mrunal V

Sep 30, 2020

Exceptional. I am so glad i took this course. It has helped me gain a whole new and changed perspective about learning and hopefully will improve my overall performance since i have already started to apply it actively and can see the changes slowly.