Back to Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential by McMaster University

Mindshift is designed to help boost your career and life in today’s fast-paced learning environment. Whatever your age or stage, Mindshift teaches you essentials such as how to get the most out of online learning and MOOCs, how to seek out and work with mentors, the secrets to avoiding career ruts (and catastrophes) and general ruts in life, and insights such as the value of selective ignorance over general competence. We’ll provide practical insights from science about how to learn and change effectively even in maturity, and we’ll build on what you already know to take your life’s learning in fantastic new directions. This course is designed to show you how to look at what you’re learning, and your place in what’s unfolding in the society around you, so you can be what you want to be, given the real world constraints that life puts on us all. You’ll see that by using certain mental tools and insights, you can learn and do more—far more—than you might have ever dreamed! This course can be taken independent of, concurrent with, or subsequent to, its companion course, Learning How to Learn. (Mindshift is more career focused, and Learning How to Learn is more learning focused.)...

TM

Feb 12, 2018

I really enjoyed the first course, Learn 2Learn. The female professor is great but the boring old guy should have been kicked out of the course, as he do not provide anything of value for the course.

SN

Jan 18, 2018

Thank you Barbara. It was really enjoyable trip with you in this course. I have found many new learning techniques. Your positive behavior was very encouraging for me to begin a new list of my life!

176 - 200 of 1,035 Reviews for Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential

By Kaushik K G

Aug 20, 2019

A fantastic course. I am in my mid career and looking forward to make a change. This course really enabled me with lot of inputs. I recommend this course for anyone looking for a career change particularly, at any stage of life.

By Shawn s

Jun 21, 2018

A perfect course to complement Learning how to Learn. Use what is in both courses and take time to practice them and practice them again (memory palace and other things you learn) until they become habit or in your subconscious.

By Clara

Sep 11, 2018

Barb is a great teacher, she is able to break down complex subjects in a very simple and easy to understand way.

The course gives practical tips and tools backed up by scientific evidences on how to improve your learning.

By Gabriel G

Sep 23, 2017

An excellent course. I have been a teacher for over 31 years and I accept that I must learn to teach. The new generations require that we know how they learn with the new technologies being friendly with their brains.

By Said F

May 28, 2017

Great efforts and Great people behind .. I am appreciate every hands behind this magnificent work ...in my point of view .. the precious thing on this life is LOVE .. and that is what I can give to you ... I LOVE YOU

By Rubina M

Dec 15, 2017

My First MOOC and I found it very interesting because of Barb. I truly enjoyed how she used metaphors and other creative ways of making us understand and finally I found reviewing the material at the end of our week

By Sylvia G

May 05, 2017

Barbara has given a great gift to students. I hope that courses like Mindshift and Learning How to Learn will be made available to urban and rural students in a manner that is just as appealing as the originals!!!!

By Yashovardhan M

May 27, 2018

This is an excellent follow-up of 'Learning - How to Learn'. There are some additional concepts that one can learn from this course. I recommend both the courses for people who need a path towards learning anything

By GEOCONDA N R R

Mar 15, 2019

Mindshift es un curso increíble que me permitió tener herramientas para aprender de una manera divertida y efectiva. Barbara y Terry son maestros asombrosos y me encanta su forma de enseñar. Lo recomiendo al 10%.

By Sadhana S

Jul 01, 2017

Excellent MOOC

I enjoyed taking this course and i would visit time and time again to learn and relearn as each time i watch the videos i understand something new. Thank you Barbara and Terry for an amazing course.

By Annie M

Dec 08, 2018

I am elated to have taken this course. I very much enjoyed the lesson and videos. They are easy to understand, very educative. I have been inspired to get mentorship and pay it forward by becoming a mentor too.

By Carla L D

Aug 07, 2017

Thank you! This course has helped to increase my confidence and has motivated me to make changes in my study habits as well as realizing that no matter my academic failures, I can still learn and be successful.

By Sasha B

Apr 03, 2018

One of the best courses i've ever taken. Very informative and interesting, explains difficult topics in a very simple and playful way. The knowledge i gained is very useful in my everyday and professional life

By Marco d C A L S

Nov 28, 2017

I loved the course. It is a bit different, as expected, from Learning How to Learn, but very insightful, specially the last two weeks of it. I just loved and could not stop taking the classes. Thank you! Marco

By Murtuza B

Aug 17, 2018

I have learnt many things about the functioning of brain. It allowed me to ask the right questions at times. It showed me techniques using which i tackled the unfortunate situation I was in.

Thank-you so much!

By Belén M

Jan 22, 2018

I love this course, the professors are amazing, they have studies and interesting research to provide.

The way of presenting the information is very friendly and even fun.

Thanks for this amazing opportunity <3

By Bronwyn M

Jan 12, 2018

Awesome course learned a lot of helpful things and simply enjoyed taking the class! I will say if you are trying to choose between Learning How to Learn and Mindshift I would take Learning How to Learn First.

By roberto p d

May 06, 2019

YO quiero agradecer a TODOS los profesores e investigadores que crearon este curso! Me han dado confianza `para seguir. Brillante y muy buena suerte con los que vengan! Estoy MUY FELIZ DE HABERLO realizado!

By Paulina O

Feb 11, 2020

A great way to change my mind and to open it to a new possibilities, I loved it, it´s so dynamic and easy to understand with the marvelous teachers and their knowledge, it´s so wonderful, I learned so much.

By Kevin G V G

Nov 08, 2019

Excellent course, makes you re evaluate life choices and what you think are your limitations. Barbara Oakley is an exceptional educator, looking forward to enrolling in any future MOOC that she may create!

By Michael D H

Feb 03, 2019

I really enjoyed taking this course. The instructors are clearly getting better at what they do as time goes by, and they've done an excellent job of offering the material in a simple and relatable manner.

By Manisha K

Oct 13, 2018

The course is really interesting, and I'd like to thank Professor Oakley for making it super interesting; delivering an outstanding teaching style. This is really an effective course!

Many thanks!

-Manisha

By aMIr h

Dec 18, 2017

It has all the things that I want from a course, great marvelous professors. It's like a key to most of my fundamental puzzles in my mind. special thanks to great Barbara and marvelous Terrence Sejnowski.

By tampau s

Nov 17, 2017

It has helped me regain confidence in my abilities and surface those hidden somewhere in the complex potential I possess. It was fun and a bit positively addictive, with useful information. Thanks a lot!

By marco d m

Oct 24, 2017

I found this course very uselful. I did it after learning how to learn which was a real innovatine discovery for me.

This course gave me the broader view on how brain's patterns and how to work with them