Back to Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential by McMaster University

Mindshift is designed to help boost your career and life in today’s fast-paced learning environment. Whatever your age or stage, Mindshift teaches you essentials such as how to get the most out of online learning and MOOCs, how to seek out and work with mentors, the secrets to avoiding career ruts (and catastrophes) and general ruts in life, and insights such as the value of selective ignorance over general competence. We’ll provide practical insights from science about how to learn and change effectively even in maturity, and we’ll build on what you already know to take your life’s learning in fantastic new directions. This course is designed to show you how to look at what you’re learning, and your place in what’s unfolding in the society around you, so you can be what you want to be, given the real world constraints that life puts on us all. You’ll see that by using certain mental tools and insights, you can learn and do more—far more—than you might have ever dreamed! This course can be taken independent of, concurrent with, or subsequent to, its companion course, Learning How to Learn. (Mindshift is more career focused, and Learning How to Learn is more learning focused.)...

TM

Feb 12, 2018

I really enjoyed the first course, Learn 2Learn. The female professor is great but the boring old guy should have been kicked out of the course, as he do not provide anything of value for the course.

SN

Jan 18, 2018

Thank you Barbara. It was really enjoyable trip with you in this course. I have found many new learning techniques. Your positive behavior was very encouraging for me to begin a new list of my life!

201 - 225 of 1,032 Reviews for Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential

By Gloria Z

Jun 07, 2017

I have recommended this course to everyone I know including those I know with brain injuries, thank you both for creating and sharing your respective knowledge in such an engaging and refreshing manner.

By Ana M D

Jul 24, 2019

I love this course. Because this course show you a different way of think. And also how you can really leave a continous improve of yourself. Also the material is easy to be understand and explicity.

By Thomas M

Feb 12, 2018

By Lutz H

Oct 30, 2017

This course offers a lot food for thought to question your assumptions about missing compentences. It offers profound advice to trigger, guide and enable a mindshift, encouraging a life of learning.

By Daniel O

Jan 16, 2020

Absolutely fantastic course by all standard. My hidden potentials were really unlocked, I got to understand myself and how best to understand others and help them to unlock their potentials as well

By Joyce U

Aug 24, 2019

Barbara... you and all of your associates are amazing. We the public reach down to the depth of our being and humbly offer such gratitude for the highest standard of education. Joyce Underwood

By Rajorshi M

Apr 25, 2018

This is a good course that adds to your vitality. If you're stuck in a rut then this course will help you get out of that place and even better teach you how to excel. Thanks a lot Barn and Terry!

By Konstantin C

May 05, 2017

This is more easy course than previous one from Barbara. I think it is better to take this course before the "Learning How To Learn" course. Five stars! Barbara and Terrence thank you very much!

By Ana B

Jun 12, 2019

This MOOC is great and gives you many insights on how to learn, broaden your passions and make career changes. The videos are fun and the teachers play with metaphors to help the materials stick.

By Muhammad A

Feb 01, 2018

It was a nice course. Most of them are quite similar with Learning How to Learn, though. However, in overall it was a great course, in which I could review and revisit again some topics from LHTL

By Gonzalo O

May 30, 2017

Genial !!!!!!! recomiendo este curso a cualquier ser humano !!!!!!!!!! una herramienta muy necesaria en estos dias !!!!!!!!!aprendi muchisimo y gracias a el aprendere mucho mas en el futuro !!!!!

By Romilly C

Nov 09, 2017

I'm a long-term learner, and I am delighted with how much I've got from this course and its predecessor Learning how to Learn. Fast-paced, well-structured and well-presented. A first-class MOOC.

By Burak M

Jul 30, 2017

I loved the content and the enhancing images inserted in the video. Also, it helps me to overcome my emotional barriers while learning new things. Thank you! I'm glad that I've taken this MOOC.

By Nora I C

Aug 20, 2018

Excelente curso para modificar la mirada acerca de ciertas "debilidades" en el aprendizaje y cambiarlas a un nuevo enfoque de oportunidades. Excelentes tips para mejorar la memoria. Me encantó

By Hashem F

Sep 17, 2017

Very insightful course that has provided me with a lot of useful and practical information about my career and learning journey.. Can't wait to take other classes by those great instructors :)

By Fernanda d O S

Jul 20, 2017

This course was very useful to teach me some things about my own learning experience and about how I can improve it and make myself even better. It made me very happy and now I feel motivated.

By Lisa B

May 12, 2019

The first MOOC I have ever completed! I have started a few others but never had the motivation to finish so that is a huge step forward for me and my busy life with small children. Thank you!

By Julia S

Dec 21, 2017

It's a pleasure to see Barb again in this course. Some of the ideas of 'Learning how to learn' were repeted in this course, but there were some interesting new ideas as well. Happy midshift!

By vijaykhanal17@gmail.com

Jan 01, 2018

You learn skills that can help you throughout your lifetime. The layout of the course is excellent and easy to follow. Both Learning How to Learn and this course has had a big impact on me.

By Maria L

Jan 09, 2019

It was a very helpful course with useful information and very nicely delivered by the lecturers, a persuasive advertisement for continuous learning and massive open online courses as well!

By Sandy A

Mar 09, 2018

Really a good course. I think it should be mandatory! Fantastic! I gave me techniques to improve my concentration and to handle or channel better negative thoughts or emotions. Loved it!

By Benedikt K

Mar 07, 2018

Wonderful course to build upon the basis from learning how to learn. The course expands on these basics and places it within the bigger context of your life and the environment we live in.

By STEFANO C

Dec 27, 2019

This remarkable course opens the chance to reset your point of view of what our skills and potential are defined for and it definetely offers us possibilities to change and perform better

By Desired C

Oct 22, 2018

Learned many new ideas and relearned old ones. I only wished that I could speed up some of the areas of the video that I already knew and slow down the parts I didn’t, in a perfect world.