Back to Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential by McMaster University

Mindshift is designed to help boost your career and life in today’s fast-paced learning environment. Whatever your age or stage, Mindshift teaches you essentials such as how to get the most out of online learning and MOOCs, how to seek out and work with mentors, the secrets to avoiding career ruts (and catastrophes) and general ruts in life, and insights such as the value of selective ignorance over general competence. We’ll provide practical insights from science about how to learn and change effectively even in maturity, and we’ll build on what you already know to take your life’s learning in fantastic new directions. This course is designed to show you how to look at what you’re learning, and your place in what’s unfolding in the society around you, so you can be what you want to be, given the real world constraints that life puts on us all. You’ll see that by using certain mental tools and insights, you can learn and do more—far more—than you might have ever dreamed! This course can be taken independent of, concurrent with, or subsequent to, its companion course, Learning How to Learn. (Mindshift is more career focused, and Learning How to Learn is more learning focused.)...

TM

Feb 12, 2018

I really enjoyed the first course, Learn 2Learn. The female professor is great but the boring old guy should have been kicked out of the course, as he do not provide anything of value for the course.

SN

Jan 18, 2018

Thank you Barbara. It was really enjoyable trip with you in this course. I have found many new learning techniques. Your positive behavior was very encouraging for me to begin a new list of my life!

201 - 225 of 1,061 Reviews for Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential

By Murtuza B

Aug 17, 2018

I have learnt many things about the functioning of brain. It allowed me to ask the right questions at times. It showed me techniques using which i tackled the unfortunate situation I was in.

Thank-you so much!

By Belén M

Jan 22, 2018

I love this course, the professors are amazing, they have studies and interesting research to provide.

The way of presenting the information is very friendly and even fun.

Thanks for this amazing opportunity <3

By Bronwyn M

Jan 12, 2018

Awesome course learned a lot of helpful things and simply enjoyed taking the class! I will say if you are trying to choose between Learning How to Learn and Mindshift I would take Learning How to Learn First.

By roberto p d

May 06, 2019

YO quiero agradecer a TODOS los profesores e investigadores que crearon este curso! Me han dado confianza `para seguir. Brillante y muy buena suerte con los que vengan! Estoy MUY FELIZ DE HABERLO realizado!

By Paulina O

Feb 11, 2020

A great way to change my mind and to open it to a new possibilities, I loved it, it´s so dynamic and easy to understand with the marvelous teachers and their knowledge, it´s so wonderful, I learned so much.

By Kevin G V G

Nov 08, 2019

Excellent course, makes you re evaluate life choices and what you think are your limitations. Barbara Oakley is an exceptional educator, looking forward to enrolling in any future MOOC that she may create!

By Michael D H

Feb 03, 2019

I really enjoyed taking this course. The instructors are clearly getting better at what they do as time goes by, and they've done an excellent job of offering the material in a simple and relatable manner.

By Manisha K

Oct 13, 2018

The course is really interesting, and I'd like to thank Professor Oakley for making it super interesting; delivering an outstanding teaching style. This is really an effective course!

Many thanks!

-Manisha

By aMIr h

Dec 18, 2017

It has all the things that I want from a course, great marvelous professors. It's like a key to most of my fundamental puzzles in my mind. special thanks to great Barbara and marvelous Terrence Sejnowski.

By tampau s

Nov 17, 2017

It has helped me regain confidence in my abilities and surface those hidden somewhere in the complex potential I possess. It was fun and a bit positively addictive, with useful information. Thanks a lot!

By marco d m

Oct 24, 2017

I found this course very uselful. I did it after learning how to learn which was a real innovatine discovery for me.

This course gave me the broader view on how brain's patterns and how to work with them

By Gloria Z

Jun 07, 2017

I have recommended this course to everyone I know including those I know with brain injuries, thank you both for creating and sharing your respective knowledge in such an engaging and refreshing manner.

By Ana M D

Jul 24, 2019

I love this course. Because this course show you a different way of think. And also how you can really leave a continous improve of yourself. Also the material is easy to be understand and explicity.

By Thomas M

Feb 12, 2018

By Lutz H

Oct 30, 2017

This course offers a lot food for thought to question your assumptions about missing compentences. It offers profound advice to trigger, guide and enable a mindshift, encouraging a life of learning.

By Joyce U

Aug 24, 2019

Barbara... you and all of your associates are amazing. We the public reach down to the depth of our being and humbly offer such gratitude for the highest standard of education. Joyce Underwood

By Rajorshi M

Apr 25, 2018

This is a good course that adds to your vitality. If you're stuck in a rut then this course will help you get out of that place and even better teach you how to excel. Thanks a lot Barn and Terry!

By Konstantin C

May 05, 2017

This is more easy course than previous one from Barbara. I think it is better to take this course before the "Learning How To Learn" course. Five stars! Barbara and Terrence thank you very much!

By Ana B

Jun 12, 2019

This MOOC is great and gives you many insights on how to learn, broaden your passions and make career changes. The videos are fun and the teachers play with metaphors to help the materials stick.

By Muhammad A

Feb 01, 2018

It was a nice course. Most of them are quite similar with Learning How to Learn, though. However, in overall it was a great course, in which I could review and revisit again some topics from LHTL

By Gonzalo O

May 30, 2017

Genial !!!!!!! recomiendo este curso a cualquier ser humano !!!!!!!!!! una herramienta muy necesaria en estos dias !!!!!!!!!aprendi muchisimo y gracias a el aprendere mucho mas en el futuro !!!!!

By Romilly C

Nov 09, 2017

I'm a long-term learner, and I am delighted with how much I've got from this course and its predecessor Learning how to Learn. Fast-paced, well-structured and well-presented. A first-class MOOC.

By Burak M

Jul 30, 2017

I loved the content and the enhancing images inserted in the video. Also, it helps me to overcome my emotional barriers while learning new things. Thank you! I'm glad that I've taken this MOOC.

By Nora I C

Aug 20, 2018

Excelente curso para modificar la mirada acerca de ciertas "debilidades" en el aprendizaje y cambiarlas a un nuevo enfoque de oportunidades. Excelentes tips para mejorar la memoria. Me encantó

By Hashem F

Sep 17, 2017

Very insightful course that has provided me with a lot of useful and practical information about my career and learning journey.. Can't wait to take other classes by those great instructors :)