Back to Inspiring and Motivating Individuals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Inspiring and Motivating Individuals by University of Michigan

In this course, you will learn how to create a shared vision for your team and effectively communicate it to your teammates. You will also learn how to set effective goals and expectations in a way that best enables your team to attain the shared vision. Finally, you will understand the most important needs and drivers of performance across cultures, and will learn to align rewards with desired behaviors so that your teammates are motivated to attain the team’s objectives. Motivation represents a crucial challenge for contemporary organizations: A recent Gallup poll revealed that only 13% of workers worldwide exhibit high levels of engagement and motivation. We will show you why these motivation problems are not simply due to a “bad” or “unmotivated” team member. Rather, motivation is very much driven by what work conditions we create for our teammates, how we structure goals and objectives, and how we reward people for the accomplishment of those goals. This course will help you diagnose and solve motivation problems so that you can bring out the best in your people....

TD

Jun 21, 2017

Great course, but perhaps forewarn students of the feedback assignment in week 4 a little bit earlier - it took me nearly a month to get feedback from people on my team because we are pretty busy.

JN

Jun 25, 2016

Some material and the course was review from previous management classes whereas others were wonderfully thought-provoking. I wish many companies were forward-thinking enough to take this course.

76 - 100 of 796 Reviews for Inspiring and Motivating Individuals

By N S

It's a great course. Content of the course is very standard with excellent example. Those who want excell as leaders , this course provide you an insight right from setting up vision , goal and implementing the same . Awasome experience. Thank you .

By James J

Jan 17, 2016

I deeply appreciated the relevant and timely studies the professors included in the class. This current data was summarized and presented in an easy to understand way. They also provided ways on how to apply the lessons learned from the studies/data.

By T S R

Sep 08, 2017

Very informative and appt. The Professors were outstanding.

Thank the Professors for their time on the course material.

Thanks to all my peers who have been part of this course.

Looking forward for more courses in future.

Regards.

Ravichander.T.S.

By Claudio O O

Apr 08, 2020

It´s so far the best course I ever took, It helps me to develop a lot of personal and leadership skills, this particular course motivates you enough to continue learning and to continue with this specialization course from Michigan University

By ahmed h

Sep 29, 2015

Great Instructor/Course from great University as great as the rest of Michigan university courses. Well respected Universities in addition to Duke, San diego and Virginia. Compared to the very short courses from other reputable Universities

By Bryant H

Aug 26, 2019

The course material was immediately applicable to my role as a manager, and I implemented several of the ideas discussed throughout as we were learning about them. The content also uses great examples to illustrate all the ideas presented.

By MOUKOUYOU-KOUAKA

Dec 19, 2019

The course was very informative and relevant in my current job. It has equipped me with excellent knowledge that I will definitively utilize. I'm sure that the knowledge acquired will make me move one step ahead in my professional career.

By Himani T

Sep 03, 2020

I learned a lot during this course. The course content is easy to understand and practical.The assignments are also very engaging gives you an opportunity to reflect on yourself and your pattern of working.I had a great time learning !

By Lavanya C

Aug 03, 2020

I had good takeaways from this course. Both the instructors are very awesome and very well explained the insights in each of the topics. This is a good learning opportunity to me and will be helpful in my day to day work. Thank You.

By Gerry B

Jun 09, 2020

This course provided with the practical theories, practices and applications on how to inspire and motivate people in an organization. I am grateful to the professors of the prestigious, University of Michigan. God bless you all! :)

By Bruna M

Feb 04, 2020

It was an enligthen and deligthful course,. The classes helped me to make all the performance evaluation of my team this year and I brougth me a lot of insigth of how to become a better leader. Congratulation for a wonderful course.

By Megan A

Feb 29, 2016

Great instructors, clear assignments, and actionable lessons I was able to apply as I was taking the course. Fellow students were engaged and helpful. Both professors provided great lessons and really understand how to present info.

By Trond B

May 05, 2016

The course overall gave me insights into my role as a manager. I found the course content easy to understand and it gave me cause to reflect on my own role as a manager. The assignments made sense and relates to my every day work.

By Khadija t k

Jun 15, 2020

It was amazing.The teachers were great and the way michigan designed the course it worth understanding and learning.I really appreciate the course and hoping forward to have other courses under university of michigan as well.

By Sofya S

Feb 08, 2018

This was an amazing experince! I've started to improve my leadership skills from the 1st lesson! Very reach course! I advise every person who doesn't know how to inspire others. So much to get from this course, so hurry up!!!

By Darius B

Oct 13, 2015

A good and interesting course, with lots of research based advice. There are several practical exercises which deepens the knowledge. The lecturers are also very good, and they present the information in the very good manner.

By RIDVAN Ü

Jun 19, 2017

It was a great experience for me, having chance to listen and learn from such skilled professors.I somehow felt like I knew most of the ideas given but now I know how to name and use them professionallly.Thank you very much.

By David C H J

Apr 09, 2019

This course has tons of useful materials that are backed by superb research. The instructors are very easy to understand making learning more fluid. I highly recommend this course to managers and future managers out there.

By Jose M R G

Dec 13, 2016

I do believe both doctors know their business, one of things I enjoyed the most was being to apply, lesson after lesson, the concepts presented in the course, and I actually purchased Joy, inc. and even started reading it!

By Navin L

Dec 02, 2018

Would highly recommend this course for all managers. Excellent for beginners and would be a good refresher for experienced manager. The flow and introduction of key concepts are well thought out and very well presented.

By Andrew R

Feb 10, 2020

The course has a great flow and is really clearly delivered. I found the course enlightening - it reinforced elements which I had experienced in my career and has offer new learnings in motivating and inspiring a team.

By Jorge N L

Jan 01, 2018

One of the best courses offered by Coursera. A lot of substantial information, recap lectures, slides, quiz, forums, and instructors very knowledgeable of theories, practice and statistical analysis. Very recommend it.

By Greg K

Dec 07, 2015

Truly great one!

I really like practical approach. Moreover the best thing is that I have seen presented theories working in action :)

Thank you, this was like really great book, that empowered my skills and personality.

By Julian G M

Aug 29, 2020

This course is very useful, we can know some skills that we need to lead people. This course is especially for that leader who is working hard with his team workers to get more commitment to their job to get the goal.

By Kyle H

Apr 21, 2020

Very good content on motivation factors and effective feedback. Good video instructions and tips that help you to be a better motivator at the workplace. I learned a lot and thanks very much for putting this together.