Back to Inspiring and Motivating Individuals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Inspiring and Motivating Individuals by University of Michigan

In this course, you will learn how to create a shared vision for your team and effectively communicate it to your teammates. You will also learn how to set effective goals and expectations in a way that best enables your team to attain the shared vision. Finally, you will understand the most important needs and drivers of performance across cultures, and will learn to align rewards with desired behaviors so that your teammates are motivated to attain the team’s objectives. Motivation represents a crucial challenge for contemporary organizations: A recent Gallup poll revealed that only 13% of workers worldwide exhibit high levels of engagement and motivation. We will show you why these motivation problems are not simply due to a “bad” or “unmotivated” team member. Rather, motivation is very much driven by what work conditions we create for our teammates, how we structure goals and objectives, and how we reward people for the accomplishment of those goals. This course will help you diagnose and solve motivation problems so that you can bring out the best in your people....

TD

Jun 21, 2017

Great course, but perhaps forewarn students of the feedback assignment in week 4 a little bit earlier - it took me nearly a month to get feedback from people on my team because we are pretty busy.

JN

Jun 25, 2016

Some material and the course was review from previous management classes whereas others were wonderfully thought-provoking. I wish many companies were forward-thinking enough to take this course.

701 - 725 of 790 Reviews for Inspiring and Motivating Individuals

By Borkica I

Feb 19, 2016

the only problem i have with this course and the others in this specialization is that the instructors think we are all employed people, leaders, and we are responsible for a team. In fact I am taking this specialization because i will need it in near future. I am a college student and do not have a team i am leading. So some assignments are difficult to complete because they particularly ask you for real life experience, which students my age most probably don't have.

By Anjali M

Feb 27, 2018

I very happy with my decision of selecting this course. It has been a learning journey so far and I believe that I would continue to enhance my skills and knowledge as I want to switch my career and work fora tier 1 company . I know the path is very challenging but I have high hopes that I would benefit a lot from this course.

By Artem F

Nov 10, 2015

A good course which provides solid understanding on how to motivate and drive your colleagues and subordinates.The course particulary describes why it is essential to have a vision for you team and how to communicate it to your peers, gives the ideas on how to reward your employees based on their values.

By Luis R G H

Feb 01, 2016

This is a great course, and it can help you a lot to learn how to understand the motivation process, how to figure out what you may be doing wrong communicating with your team, and how to improve your results together with colleges, subordinates, peers and superiors in your company. Thanks a lot!

By Simeon V S

Mar 26, 2020

The course was structured very well as a whole. It was easy to follow and it provided much insight in the matter of motivating and inspiring other people.

I've had some issues with accessing some of the videos, mainly because those videos were subject to copyright.

By praveen

Jan 21, 2016

Great! I really feel good about this course, Which is quite perfect learning with advanced strategies. I thank to my Professor and University of Michigan.

My Twitter : https://twitter.com/Praveenicici

My LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/praveenicici

By Marcotullio D

Apr 20, 2020

In general, the course give you tools and basic knowledges to challange different environments and cases. Of course to get the best you need to comply on your side the theory. Suggested for beginners and students. Marco D.

By Stephen S

Apr 14, 2016

If you're currently working in a leadership role this course provides some thoughtful exercises and content you can apply to your day job. Good content (nothing earth-shattering, but a good presentation of the issues).

By Stefanie S

Feb 14, 2016

the peer feedback is not working that well. the time range is very short and the rating quality varies, so resubmissions of assignments can mean you have to re-enroll for the following course and lose your cohort.

By krishna m

This course has help me in understanding what we should be doing if we want to create a healthy team culture . we were doing so many thing incorrectly which was harming the team. Thanks alot for the learning

By Tanakorn C

Oct 14, 2019

For peer - graded type of assignment, it is better if you can ask the instructor of that course to review assignment and give comment as well.

So, we can know the development opportunity from the expert.

By Kotelnikov A

Feb 16, 2020

More case studies would help to familiarize with concepts covered during the course. Apart from that, it is a well-structured overview course, which helps to address some day-to-day challenges at work.

By Fernando V

Jun 04, 2017

I liked, very profesional and learned a lot.

I miss some guides or tools to implement con real life. I mean that one thing is to learn, but to really get this into daily real life is the big deal.

By Yulian

Apr 09, 2020

Overall I find this course as a good investment of my time, however, it's very theoretical, I would like to to see more real examples that illustrate the frameworks used in this course.

By Toy R V

Jan 03, 2016

Dr DeRue's lectures were very helpful for understanding the key take=aways / skills / tips for motivating yourself as well as a team. His lectures are very clear and easy to follow.

By Amy B

Feb 28, 2016

Great strategies and examples to help in communicating a vision, setting goals that align with that vision, and providing and seeking feedback for performance reviews and ongoing.

By Brian B

Feb 13, 2017

Very useful topics and examples, they helped me understand why my company does things in a given way and also allows me to identify improvements on these.

By Grant C

Jun 24, 2019

Very good baseline course for the subject matter. I would recommend this course for anyone new to management or thinking of making a career change.

By PRERNA K H

Jun 05, 2020

It’s an interesting topic, a lot of relevant information was shared during discussions. The deadline aren’t difficult to maintain.

By Siraj A

Aug 05, 2020

It is wonderful experience to study in a unique way and completed my course, i have learnt lot of things through this course.

By Ricardo S

Jan 21, 2019

A great reminder of key aspects that one must consider to engage and generate results in a positive corporate environment!

By Pooya S

Apr 21, 2020

Some contents link to Youtube videos doesn't work since the original videos are removed due to Copyright or by the owner

By Mwamba N

Jan 30, 2017

the course has given me great insight in how best to motivate my team as well as understand what would motivate me.

By Ehab E D

Sep 22, 2020

I am happy choose the right course that may help me and in future. Thanks to my teachers, Michigan and coursera.

By Jose G

Nov 12, 2019

Good course overall. It helped me in communicating to my team on the best way to reach their professional goals.