Back to The Newborn Assessment

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Newborn Assessment by University of Colorado System

In your previous course, you learned some medical interventions and skills to keep newborns healthy in the days and weeks after they have been born. In this course, you will learn what some additional skills that medical providers do to keep babies healthy. The Newborn Assessment Course will walk you through the physical examination from head to toe. You are going to learn that this is so much we can discover just by looking at a baby. And yes, we will be listening too, and discussing how medical equipment, such as a stethoscope or a pulse oximeter, can help in your exam. You will begin to be able to distinguish some normal findings from some abnormal findings. A newborn baby is an amazing beautiful life filled with hope. There is so much that goes into making sure that babies are born healthy, and so much more to think about after they are born. Whether you are in the health care field, or even a parent, this course is the perfect educational opportunity for you to keep newborn babies healthy in the days and weeks after they are born!...

DS

May 07, 2020

in assessment few options are not right\n\noverall excellent way of revising and refreshing newborn assessment skill, thanks for the efforts taken

NA

Jul 19, 2020

N\n\nI\n\nc\n\ne\n\nl\n\ny\n\ne\n\nx\n\np\n\nl\n\na\n\nI\n\nn\n\ne\n\nd\n\nw\n\ni\n\nt\n\nh\n\np\n\nI\n\nc\n\nt\n\nu\n\nr\n\ne\n\ns

1 - 25 of 25 Reviews for The Newborn Assessment

By Caitlin H

Apr 14, 2020

I completed this course to assist me as a parenting facilitator. It is incredibly information-dense (which is great) and provides really useful and practical information and advice on common medical ailments and the treatment associated with them. I would highly recommend printing your notes/lectures as I have done to keep in a folder for future reference. Thanks for delivering such a diverse and educational course!

By Joao P L A

Jun 18, 2020

I want to say thank for all the Professor, Dr. Mollie, Dr, Dan, Dr. Gold, dr. Mary Kohn and special the babe boy Austin that keep me in this Quarantine inside the house safe and developing myself as EMT/Paramedic. I am so happy that I learned with you all. thanks Joao Paulo

By Dr ( M S S

May 07, 2020

in assessment few options are not right

By Roselin M J

Jun 24, 2020

V. Good Course with v.excellent content. I refreshed as well as updated with the subject. All the best for the co-ordinators.

By mohamed A S H

Feb 19, 2019

really this course is amazing and i gained a lot of experience and i enjoy it also i wanna thank my teachers

By Panthip B S

Jun 04, 2020

Very Good Course! Easy to understand even for the person that doesn't have medical or healthcare background.

By Nguyễn T N Á

Jan 29, 2020

The course gives me a lot of knowledge I have never learned in my university.

By Eleni K

Apr 19, 2020

Loved this course, really helpful one especially for healthcare providers!

By Patricia D

Jun 15, 2020

I want to retake course after I have more knoqledge of the human anatomy

By NAZEEHA J

Jul 05, 2020

Its very useful and very knowledgeable course to me TQ coursera

By Leonardo M V

Excellent course!!! Lots of great information!!

By Manasa K R

Apr 24, 2020

Thank you for all the tutors of the course

By Iliyan Y

Jun 15, 2020

Nice

By Karmen R

Feb 07, 2020

I really enjoyed the course. Week 5, wow that was a lot of information!! I am enjoying doing the entire series. I am disappointed though in the great number of mistakes I found. I did my best to document them all of them so they can be resolved. I just wonder why no one else has noted them and then the instructor or whoever could correct them. I am meaning things like incorrect answers/terms stuff that is important.

By Helen T

Jul 26, 2020

Very useful short course. There are issues with some of the quiz questions/answers, as happened in the previous course as well (Prevenative Care).

By María E A

Very informative I would more pictures or videos to easier identify some conditions that might be present in newborns