Back to Oil & Gas Industry Operations and Markets

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Oil & Gas Industry Operations and Markets by Duke University

The oil and gas industry has an enormous impact on all aspects of daily life. Individuals, corporations, and national governments make financial and policy decisions based on the cost, use, and availability of these two natural resources. This two-week course looks at the two most fundamental aspects of the oil and gas industry, its operations and markets, each of which is addressed as a separate module in the course. In the operations module, the course provides an overview of the production of oil and gas, from initial exploration to final transport. The second module focuses on the forces that drive the industry's operations, the oil and gas markets, including the cost of wells, seasonal impacts on prices, and the role of oil reserves. After every lesson, learners will take short quizzes to test their newly acquired knowledge, participant in crowd-sourced discussions about global markets, and complete a final project....

EK
May 4, 2020

It was simply excellent! Very clear and comprehensive. Really gave a good overview of the oil and gas sector. The professor's voice was also very clear. He was well spoken. I learned a lot. Thank you!

EE
Jan 21, 2020

Very interesting. This course offer an useful overview of Oil & Gas industry, covering all relevant aspects.\n\nEven the Coursera platform support wonderfully videos and lessons.\n\nEmanuele Volterra

151 - 175 of 1,192 Reviews for Oil & Gas Industry Operations and Markets

By Josué F G R

Aug 4, 2020

I liked it a lot. I learned new information about this kind of energy and about all variables that affect the markets. Also, I found very interesting information about the process involved in oil and gas extraction.

By Fab M

Oct 13, 2020

very informative. i have learned a lot from this course. it really gives and edge in my engineering profession now that I know the basics of the Oil and Gas industry operations and its markets. thank you Coursera.

By ABDUS S

Mar 12, 2020

Very informative course, the most i like about it is the way of defining with the help of images and videos. I appreciate the work and want to thank coursera for giving me an opportunity to add beneficial skills.

By Gabriel K

Quite impactful, insightful, elaborate, and well detailed on the subject matter. Grateful for the opportunity this course has offered in terms of information awareness with the operations and market activities.

By Thomo L

Dec 19, 2017

I found it helpful especially in understanding the global oil and gas industry. Simultaneously i was studying another course at my university and doing this course assisted me and helped me excel at the course.

By Christel T F

Oct 26, 2020

Loved every aspect of this course. Content was very detailed and informative. The lecturer thoroughly explained all of the important concepts which made this course easy to understand.

Highly recommended!

By RODRIGO E P M

Jul 26, 2020

As a civil engineer dedicated to the study of pavements and asphalt materials, I feel that this course was a perfect complement to my knowledge. It allowed me to learn more about the oil and gas industry.

By Anuj S

Jun 7, 2020

This course is beneficial for job seekers and graduating student in field of chemical,petrochemical engineering. it provide a whole overview of finding, procurement, storage and transmission of crude oil.

By Joykumar L P

Aug 9, 2020

I would like to learn pro-vital course because I know it’s succor for my future job when I’ve completed courses then I obey that it’s is elegant and very knowledgable provided me so I liked this course.

By Diego M Z

Jun 27, 2020

It is one of the most complete courses in the area of ​​hydrocarbons, I really had a great time, I liked each of the videos and I was motivated by the research, which is why the best OIL AND GAS course

By Luisa G V H

May 8, 2020

I want to work for a company in Oil & Gas Industry. This course has helped me to learn basic concepts that helped me during my interview. Moreover, I have learned industry´s vocabulary. Thanks a lot!

By Νίκος Ζ

Dec 29, 2018

An exciting course that offers well-rounded knowledge on Economics governing the Oil & Gas Industry, as well as some Technical aspects that are necessary for better understanding. Well worth the try!

By naveen m

Sep 15, 2020

I am very thankful to coursera and Duke University to provide this course. It helps me to know various aspects of Oil and Gas industry operations and also it helps me to achieve my career goals.

By Mouhamed N

Aug 18, 2020

Really comprehensive introduction to the oil and gas industry globally, paying particular attention to the US. Covers content from upstream to downstream operations, as well how they are linked.

By Darshil S

I am working professional in refinery sector . This course help me to learn more about exploration , production and transportation. It also helped me to brush up my knowledge in refinery sector.

By Abdelrahman A

Apr 20, 2020

The course is perfect. but, the Arabic translation is absolutely bad. I think I can take this mission to translate that course into Arabic to allow Arabic learners able to understand the course.

By Abhishek L

Apr 5, 2020

Developed understanding of Oil & Gas exploration, development,production, operation, Transmission & distribution, Enhanced Oil Recovery, Market volatility, supply chain, Future prospect.

Thanks!

By Ishan A

Sep 7, 2020

Well this course'll provide me knowledge about marketing in oil & gas , basic of operational system. I prefer to all my friends whom somehow connected with oil & gas industry take this course.

By AAVRITI S

Jul 28, 2020

This was an amazingly enlightening course, I have learnt alot about the Oil and Gas industries, how they work, the operations, the technical terms, market and prices and factors that effect it.

By Nkoro T

Sep 28, 2019

It's an interesting, fascinating, educative and interactive course. Thank You Duke University, Thank You Lincoln Pratson and Thank You Coursera for bringing forth this incredible opportunity.

By SRAJAN C

Jun 24, 2020

Thank you Duke University and Lincoln Pratson Sir for designing such a beautiful course. The course helped me to gain precious knowledge in the marketing field of oil and gas processing sector

By Paschal I

Apr 14, 2020

The course is a good overview of the oil and gas industry operations & markets. Got a very good insight of the midstream and downstream sectors. Instructors notes & slides were very helpful.

By Telma T A

Feb 16, 2019

My first time doing picking a course in this platform and i liked it, it helps, the materials are excellent and the quiz match with what we learnt. Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us.

By Mohammed I P

Jul 20, 2020

The course explain the various method and criteria use for removing oil and gas. And operations applying on crude oil to refine it. The course explain very nicely and course is informative.

By Daulet K

Jul 26, 2020

Very interesting but short course. The most part I liked was peer-graded assessment. Started to think out of the box in order to prepare it. Good instructor too and well-prepared material.