Back to Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User

BO
Apr 1, 2019

This is my most favorite module module, especially the Linux, which is my all time favorite OS ever enjoy learning, working Programing, and configuring, and will continue enjoying til the end of time.

JA
Jun 21, 2019

Great course, lots of very challenging and useful information. You'll learn about Linux and some of the inner workings of Windows, plus lots of tools and programs that are really useful. Great course!

2176 - 2200 of 2,872 Reviews for Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User

By DETECTIVE C

Mar 15, 2020

The course was very good. Especially the labs were very informative and helped me in analysing my skills. Also the Linux labs were very interesting. I would request you to put more content in the course. The content present is not so much useful, some advance content is also expected.

By mark d

Nov 11, 2020

Qwik labs problems were frustrating on the week 6 windows test. Known bugs have not been fixed, show up in google searches from a year ago. Advise people they need to update VLC to 32 bit and not 64 bit version please. Qwiklab customer service only tells you to watch videos.

By Robin C

Apr 10, 2018

I loved this course. The only flaw I have encountered was with week 3, the Windows lab. There were a number of issues with that lab, and from the discussion board it looks like many other people had issues as well. There were a number of "work arounds" that everyone came up.

By Kathy

Jul 5, 2018

This was an intense course because there was so much material and commands. However, with some practice and note taking it's not so bad. Especially, helpful when it came to doing the labs since it's hands on practice. I learned quite a bit and enjoyed this course quite a bit.

By Eva N O

Apr 26, 2019

A good course that gets you acquainted with manipulating OS. It makes it all less daunting. the instructor was a little impatient with explaining concepts but her external links did lead me to a better content to better explain what she was teaching. Overall, a good course.

By Ryan B

May 23, 2018

I enjoyed having labs which allowed us to apply our learning. However, many user's experienced trouble connecting to some windows RDP sessions also due to the recent windows 10 spring update which required a work around. Inspite of this. The linux lab's all worked very well.

By Stephen W

Jun 27, 2020

Considering how dense this course is with information, I am satisfied with the overall flow and structure of the course. I've definitely come away from this course with a good foundational understanding of how to interact with computers from a more technical point of view.

By Benjamin A

Feb 4, 2021

Learned a lot. I'm really happy with the labs, I wish there were just a ton more labs with more detail as to the different ways similar tasks could be accomplished, to tie everything together. I feel like some information is easy to glaze over when not used in practice.

By Jo C

Mar 6, 2018

The amount of information and practical application in this course is amazing. This issue is with the labs, but if you have an issue the support desk is amazing at helping. The key to ensuring the right grade is waiting after finishing each task until a score is given.

By Adrian T G H

Jul 19, 2018

I guess it is a pretty good course for absolute beginners. Most system admins should have no problem finishing all the graded labs in an hour, that is waiting for the labs to be prepared takes longer than the time needed to complete the labs themselves (windows)

By Sandon T

Jan 8, 2021

This course was definitely tough. This would be great with lots of examples provided. Had to look elsewhere for more and better examples most the time; very time consuming. Other than that, learned a lot and became more aware of the day-to-day of power users.

By Jemuel B

Jan 1, 2021

Very thorough and comprehensive course! Only issues with be is that there are errors with the subtitles here and there but they aren't lesson breaking just really annoying. And the Linux portions of this course could have been expounded on a little bit more.

By Eric H

Oct 10, 2018

the labs, as amazing as they are, were sometimes very glitchy and while I could do all the right steps, something within the lab would be messed up and I would either have to restart the lab completely or find a work around that would be seen as accurate

By Lisa M L

Nov 8, 2020

The last Linux graded assessment was tougher than it needed to be. I think clear, concise notes would have been helpful to know what commands you have to use to complete the graded assessment. Other than that - this was a very informative course.

By Stephen G

Jan 14, 2019

The windows assignments were incredibly buggy, and the solutions for the permissions on the last linux exam were anything but real world. Who would solve a no permissions for a secret file by giving every user and group access to it for example.

By Audrey C

Oct 24, 2020

The last test was hard, and I think there was a broken install that prevented me from updating software, though I'm not sure as I haven't gotten much sleep and may be totally forgetting something. according to my notes it's a big ol' ?????????

By Manabu T

Jul 27, 2019

This course is suitable for beginner to understand what kind of skill would be required to work as IT Specialist.

I like this course even though I have touched linux command to install package and etc.

I can't wait to learn more about IT job.

By Andrea W

Jun 6, 2018

Create content and easy to follow. My only suggestion is to provide more opportunities to practice the content so we are able to absorb and use the material with ease. Give opportunities to have guided practice and then practice on our own.

By Nicholas T

Jul 10, 2019

The instructor for this course was great. However, there needs to be a printable index of the the commands used in Power Shell and Bash. There were way too many to remember, especially when you add the various qualifiers to the commands.

By Christine O

May 12, 2019

I give it four out of five stars due to the great lingering issues with using Qwiklabs, I understand they are the vendor for this program but they make it so fustrating that their have been several times I have wanted to quit the program.

By Pramod J

Mar 1, 2018

Very useful. Had issues with graded assignments with system. Also the instructor was little bit fast for a new beginner in Linux. The instructor was definitely a linux wizard from what I can tell but little too fast for a new learner.

By Husein P Y

Oct 23, 2020

One of the hardest courses I have taken yet. It is a good thing that I saved the links to the supplemental readings. I will read them all to learn more about everything that was taught. Thank you, Cindy, for the amazing lessons.

By Kyle S J

Mar 13, 2019

I think this course had some really good points, but the labs were atrociously awful. The instructor, Cindy, was really good about explaining what she was going for. I'd like a lot more practice at the whole command line stuff.

By Konstantina K

Mar 5, 2018

I would give the full five stars if I didn't have to go through a lot of troubleshooting for many of the lab exercises. Other than that, an amazing hands-on course that doesn't just explain the theory without any real examples.

By Zohra G

Jun 30, 2020

I am interested to work with OS using Windows and Linux and slove troubleshooting as an IT specialist. Anyway, I have challenged this course but I come over it. I got a lot of experience and move forward to the next course.