Back to Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User

JB
Dec 27, 2020

This course was very informative and challenging. I really appreciate the way the course was put together. It would be ore helpful if the links to the readings were from material other than Wikipedia.

MA
May 23, 2020

A wonderful course of prevention that I learned a lot from,\n\nUsing commands with Windows and Linux\n\nHow to deploy and install operating systems through the network and Alot\n\nThanks GOOOOOOOOOGLE

51 - 75 of 3,375 Reviews for Operating Systems and You: Becoming a Power User

By Walter A

Jun 14, 2018

The course was very enlightening but the issue with Qwiklab not syncing the grades properly made this course not enjoyable.

By Peter S

Feb 6, 2018

The Linux stuff is pretty good, but the Windows tasks are far too remedial. Also, the grading doesn't work half the time.

By John A

Feb 18, 2019

Labs are horribly run by Qwiklabs with poor response and function. I wish Google had run this program.

By Ryan B

Feb 18, 2019

The instructor and material were great. Qwiklabs dropped the ball and ruined the entire experience.

By Justin A G

Feb 11, 2020

Qwiklabs doesn't work for this course so I'm unable to complete this course and my certificate.

By Andrew M

Sep 19, 2018

it sucks that there is noone to contact to fix a problem.

im verry disatisfied.

By Erick A B

Mar 5, 2018

Cannot get grades to update. How are we to learn if the courses are broken?

By Omar M

Mar 6, 2018

This have being such a frustrating experience nothing is working correctly

By Eleanore K

Sep 4, 2018

unable to complete qwiklabs - no access once I upload the VM instances

By Joshua A

May 10, 2018

most of the labs were buggy and I had to troubleshoot a lot.

By Devin B

Jun 28, 2018

Very poorly made last labs at the end of the course.

By Thomas, C H

Apr 9, 2019

it wont record my score i need customer service

By Eric K

Jul 9, 2019

The labs were terrible in this course.

By David F S

Feb 24, 2019

The lab's not work. Please fix it.

By Maurice B

Jan 30, 2018

The labs don't work as intended.

By Yuan Y

Feb 26, 2019

poor

By Stephen G G

Dec 23, 2020

Hands down… One of the most interesting courses I have ever taken! One of the things that piqued my interest in learning more about computers was when I learned how to use hotkeys to create custom commands within an application that I had been using for some time and began using at a higher level once I understood how to use those hotkeys. After this course, I now understand how to use something somewhat different but even stronger… Command line interface. I never in my wildest dreams would have thought that I could learn how to use this on any operating system, nevermind learning it on two different operating systems - Windows & Linux. For me, this course was also one of the most difficult and intense courses that I ever taken, and appropriately so. With that, I am so glad that I enrolled in this certificate program and I can't wait to learn more in the next two courses. Thank you for providing such a wonderful experience!

By Yash P S

Feb 21, 2018

Very good course for a beginner like me. I was a little aware about Ubuntu, but windows command line, is something which I used for the first time. Again the course is very well prepared and delivered with right spirit keeping in mind the audience's beginner attitude and understanding. The best thing I have observed in the courses of this Google certificate programme, is the gradual build up of knowledge. There never seems to be moment where the successive lessons shows any gap in concepts from their predecessors. I just loved this part. Thanks a ton for all this. I would say, every single person, whether or not they are planning to take up career in IT, they should take this course, more than Job, this course is actually making people IT literate, which is a must in 21st century.

By ousmane d

Jul 14, 2020

Wonderful and amazing course with excellent teachers explaining every single details of the course for permitting me to step in the managment of operating systems . I really will be a powerfull operating systems user .

I owe you this knowledge.

Helping learners with simple and clear explanations like this is not given to everybody.

Thank you very much for your endless effort and time . Google in partnership with coursera are really doing good job to learners and I invite everyone willing to extend your knowledge in a specific area or changing career path to come , learn and get new skills. Coursera is indeed of of the most important online learning platform in the world. IT's helping me in my career change from linguist to IT .

By Jonathan E

Mar 20, 2018

An amazing course for someone you may get something out of it even as a seasoned user or admin. Doesn't go deep into powershell, but it does introduce package management through powershell and also introduces chocolatey which is very nice.

I feel a lot more comfortable navigating through linux shells now and I don't even bother installing desktop environments at times now just straight shell! It does not go into great depth on typical piping strategies or the obscure text editors it comes with, but through my own research as well the supplemental readings I am now comfortable with VIM and actually know how to close it without having to look it up on google. I'm assuming the automation course will tackle these in more depth.