Back to Perfect Tenses and Modals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Perfect Tenses and Modals by University of California, Irvine

This is the first course in the Learn English: Intermediate Grammar specialization. In this course, you will learn about important intermediate verb tenses, including present perfect, present perfect progressive, past perfect, and past perfect progressive. You will also learn about common modal verbs used in English. This course is designed for learners who have a basic understanding of English grammar but who want to learn more and improve their skills for everyday speaking or writing, as well as for academics. It will be a fun class with lots of entertaining and informative video lectures....

GL

Oct 07, 2016

I loved this course. I am pretty good at grammar, but it was good to review some rules. I took it in four days, each day I completed one week. Every day I spent on average two hours on the course.

JH

Feb 27, 2020

This course introduces the perfect tenses and Models, providing a lot of practices and assignments. I have completed the course and recommend it for everyone who wants to improve English grammar.

26 - 50 of 691 Reviews for Perfect Tenses and Modals

By Ivan Y

Jul 04, 2020

It is a very interesting and helpful course. Thanks to the great job of the instructors all of the explanation videos are well-conceived as well as all learning materials. Thanks to the videos, the handouts and the learning materials I could really learn peculiarities of usage of the Perfect Tenses and Modals. I would really recommend this course to everyone who wants to improve his theoretical knowledge and practical skills in English grammar.

By Ani K

Dec 31, 2019

High Recommended this course, every thing is very clearly and detailed explained. Here is quiz every week, also lessons where you can check your knowledge, I really like this course, only one thing it's happened and I don't like is that when I write my assignment someone evaluate me incorrect and I can't finish week and I re edit same text with new dedline. Finally I finished and course and lessons is very high class, Thank you

By Rohit S

May 23, 2018

Few suggestions:

Please:

1) cover the missing tense forms s.a. future perfect, future progressive, past progressive etc.

2) provide the slides along with the lectures.

3) increase the number of exercises.

============================================================

Learnt a lot.

Thank you UCI and other people who are directly/indirectly related with this course.

=============================================================

By Samved I

Jun 18, 2020

While the course itself has no flaws in my judgment, it is very exasperating that there is no Discussion Forum where students could request for their assignments to be graded. What could be more unfortunate an event than one in which a student diligently submits his assignment only to see that it has not been graded? Kindly ensure that the error is rectified.

By Kamal J

Jul 21, 2020

The content is less and definitely not worth spending 4 weeks. You can easily finish it in 4 days. But the most important thing is the way instructors have presented the material in the course, along with practice assignments is commendable. You will enjoy this course and will learn and not forget whatever is taught.

I love the enthusiasm of the instructors.

By Jose A R N

Jul 09, 2017

My name is Jose Antonio from Brazil. I am looking for a new Data Scientist career (https://www.linkedin.com/in/joseantonio11)

I did this course to complete my CV in English to the area of Data Science.

The course was excellent and the classes well taught by teachers.

Congratulations to Coursera team and Instructors.

Regards.

Jose Antonio.

By Pan S

Jun 18, 2020

This course can help me a lot to improve my grammar skill. Teachers can explain the grammar by using slide presentations, and it is pretty clear to understand the meaning and how to use it. After I finished this course, I feel confident using correct grammar in daily life, taking a TOEIC test, and applying these skills to my job.

By Sheraz K

Aug 20, 2017

I am very thankful to University of California and all the amazing teachers that had been with me in this course. This is the best English course I have ever taken. This course motivated me to study English grammar even further. I would also like to thank Coursera for making this course available to students all around the world.

By Solanki Z

Feb 07, 2020

This is very easy and understandable course to learn Modals and Perfect tenses. all the video lectures are in easy language and the examination pattern is also really easy to understand. assignments are very helpful to build up your level of confidence. For me this course is really helpful and i learn so many new things from it.

By Noura E

Aug 31, 2019

I can't find the words to express How Liked this course! this so helpful, simple and I liked the way we share our assignments together to review it as it was very good to encourage me and make me more confident :")) The lessons were very beautiful and have the sense of fun too .. Thanks very much for the instructors! ^^

By Dahou N

May 22, 2020

The course was very helpful, especially the video lectures made by the instructors. And once you finish you are tested by answering a quiz to see whether you understood the lecture very well or not. For those who wants to improve their English grammar and writing skills, take this course.

By Duy H N

Nov 14, 2016

I believe that for most of people learning English as their non-first language, it is relatively difficult to distinguish the usage of perfect tenses. This course has helping a lot to notice the differences between those tense so I became more confident in speaking English.

By Mykhailo O

Jan 23, 2019

Due to this course I finally understand and can explain to anybody the diffrence between past simple, past perfect and past perfect continuous. Whenver I open a book in Englihs language and see there any of this tenses, I know why the hell there is used exactly that tense.

By Jasurbek S

Apr 18, 2020

I am very grateful for teachers and those who participated in preparation in order to teach us. I hope every student treated well by this course. Moreover, I would like to visit USA and use all my English language skills in order to work and stay there.

By mohamed H H E

Aug 20, 2019

the course is so fantastic, I learned how to use Perfect Tenses and Modals. I hope to get more courses about the Grammar of English about Present simple and past simple, and Present continuous, past continuous also If conditions and how, when we use it.

By Dr. M K

Jul 04, 2020

It is worth to complete this course. It contains good topics and all are well explained. There are good exercises. Now, I like English grammar better than before. I prefer to do other courses too. Thank you for designing such a wonderful course.

By Ashish P

Aug 07, 2016

Well defined courses for student. A student or any age of person can understand easily in couples of times. Good work by Coursera. Best thing is that they give financial aid for poor students and i am one who get aid. Very thanks you for this.

By Sumit S A

Jun 24, 2020

I would like to recommend this course to people who are enthusiastic about learning the English language. The presentations are very nice. It gave me working knowledge of English Perfect tenses which I hadn't known before the start of course.

By S A N A M

May 02, 2020

Thank you the elite team of Coursera for realizing my strengths and weaknesses in the sphere of grammar. Moreover, While correcting the reviews of peer groups, we had verbal interaction on subject matters. Thank for the content and quality.

By Anil P

Aug 15, 2016

I am a non-native speaker of English. I have earned lot of confidence after successful completion of this course. Its fun and really beneficial to me. Now I can write with confidence. I like the way they presented and organized this course.

By Luh P S

May 02, 2020

I have been searching anywhere on any platform to learn English Grammar, and honestly this app is the best so far. I have learnt a lot about tenses in this course. Thank you University of California, Irvine and all the instructors.

By Fujoshi- s

Apr 23, 2020

I liked this couse so much, it was funny, amusing, and interesting to listen to teachers, there are several languages of subtitles, you can read pronounced words, download videos, redo your answers and get others' feedbacks. 5/5!

By Ana L R

Oct 11, 2018

​This course was very effective, descriptive and informative. The language used was great and extremely educational. I want to thank the intructores for their dedication to the content and the exercises. Thank you very much!​

By Hilda J M J

Jul 09, 2020

Aprendi muchísimo con este curso , me parece increíble, ya que tiene ejemplos fáciles de entender y ejercicios didácticos que te pondrán aprueba . Personalmente creo que es un curso muy completo y fácil de comprender .

By Petra B

May 13, 2018

Short but smart lessons, good practices. I really like it! When I have doubst I can get back to the lessons and refresh my knowledge. Highly recommented to take this course if you are not certain in your English.