Back to Positive Psychology Specialization Project: Design Your Life for Well-being

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Positive Psychology Specialization Project: Design Your Life for Well-being by University of Pennsylvania

You are encouraged to take the first four courses of the Foundations of Positive Psychology Specialization before starting this course and completing the Specialization Project. This course, taught by Dr. Martin E.P. Seligman brings all the key concepts from the first four courses to practice as you develop and test a new positive intervention for an audience of your choice. You identify opportunities in your daily life to increase the wellbeing by using knowledge you developed in the first four courses of the Specialization. In this final project, you evaluate the efficacy of a positive intervention based on subjective and objective measures. Then, you compare how empirical and non-empirically-based positive interventions can be applied to influence a person's wellbeing. Lastly, you reflect on how the fundamental elements of research methods are important in the everyday application of positive psychology. After completing all five courses, learners earn a certificate signed by Dr. Martin E.P. Seligman, Dr. James Pawelski, Dr. Angela Duckworth, Dr. Claire Robertson-Kraft and Dr. Karen Reivich....

YA
Mar 10, 2018

A thought provoking workshop. How mental illness can be the lack, opposite or excess of our strengths. I enjoyed delving more into strengths and also having to come up with a positive intervention.

EE
Oct 16, 2020

I would first all love to thank all my course lecturers and professors, I am able to understand how the design process of an intervention in positive psychology work

101 - 125 of 132 Reviews for Positive Psychology Specialization Project: Design Your Life for Well-being

By Meziane L

Sep 23, 2018

UE

By Malva D R

Nov 10, 2020

I found this course to be repetitive of the previous courses and that may have been how it was designed. I did not find the review the information help for the project. I recommend that more time be spent on explaining the project and how to put the project together.

I have been a "fan" of Positive Psychology for many years and was elated to find this course. I am re-reading the books and they make so much more sense now that I have had this foundations course. I am very grateful (signature character strength) to have found, taken and successfully completed this specialization. I will be joining the Association.

By nirvishi j

Mar 5, 2019

Very good course. I did a course in positive psychology at the university of Texas. However the correcting by peers is quite subjective and sometimes in spite of having all the criteria for the evaluation , the results is not as expected. Thanks again for a great course.

By Ninh H V

Oct 2, 2019

Please next time for the peer assessment, make the peer-review 5/5 or something. 2 is quite a low number. And some people can be quite prejudiced with their response

By Sean W

Jan 26, 2019

Great capstone course the previous 4 courses. It combines knowledge learned from most of them.

By Bernadette W

Sep 16, 2019

I find the assignment more difficult than as usual but I think I puled it through at the end.

By Beth C

Nov 16, 2020

Whilst a great recap, it did repeat a lot of the work done in previous modules.

By Frank G

Feb 17, 2019

Lots of reflection possible. Good to revisit content from former courses.

By Georgeta E P

Aug 7, 2017

very good foundational course.

By María d C O R

Mar 30, 2018

Excelente, claro y amable.

By Brian H

Jul 14, 2018

Good course.

By Sarah D S

Jun 10, 2020

I found it rather badly structured, and more of a general advertisement for the VIA classification than an actual course. Also, having the 30-sec introduction at the beginning and end of every single video (no matter how short) was quite annoying. I haven't learned as much as I was hoping, but all in all it was interesting.

By Vicky D

Mar 3, 2018

I really liked designing a positive intervention but the videos were taken from the other courses. I would have expected new information. Listening to the same videos for a second time is boring and does not add to the learning experience. Rehearsal is ok, but not the exact same thing.

By Danya S

Feb 13, 2019

I liked the practical assignments. There was a lot of repitition from other courses in this specialization, so that was less enjoyable. Overall a wonderful series of courses and I am very happy I took them.