Back to Write Professional Emails in English

JJ

Aug 31, 2018

I would suggest this course is the perfect place to learn about "how to write a professional email". And I appreciate and thanks Coursera team along with Georgia Tech Institute to provide this course.

SM

I am glad to participate in this course. I really appreciate it and thankful for the coursera team. I also thanks to the professor Mr. Landers who provides wonderful speech and explanation. Thank you.

26 - 50 of 2,039 Reviews for Write Professional Emails in English

By MinhPP

Jun 12, 2019

Very good for the beginner

Jun 11, 2019

Great Course

By ALONSO A M

Jun 07, 2019

Excelent

By Yuyou C

Jun 20, 2019

I really like this course since it tells us some rules that are essential to email communication. This course is concise and of appropriate length. I highly recommend people who are currently or will work in a multicultural team/company take this course to enhance email literacy.

By Verónica B

Apr 14, 2016

You can't do the assignments unless you pay the subscription. The founding idea of MOOCs was to make education more accesible. How do you test your knowledge if you can't submit assignments? I understand paying for a certificate, but I don't want the certificate.

By Sajol K M

By Ghaith S A

Mar 21, 2020

It's a great course with a lot of useful information.

But when I am trying to get my certificate, I get the following error:

"Attempted to fetch PDF but got the following errors:

Could not find signature for instructor Suzi Lee. Please notify the Instructor to upload one."

Could you please fix it

By Stephanie G S K

Sep 09, 2019

Very informative course! Could see the drastic improvement in my email writing after every lesson. Appreciate the additional materials to read up after the lesson as well.

The only gripe I have is that there are too many peer-graded assignments. There are instances where they do not grade assignments accurately, leading to unnecessary loss of marks. I believe it will be fairer if we can report/feedback the peer-graded assignment comments.

By Iqlima Y

Jun 04, 2019

By Alexandru I U

Apr 22, 2019

Lots of spiteful people who will lower your grades on purpose will be reviewing your peer graded assignments. So prepare to resubmit a stupid order cancellation email 3 or 4 times, because some 3rd-worlders will not give you the points you deserved. The sweet part is that you can't do anything about it, you can't contest their review.

By Rafael D

Mar 14, 2016

Gerry Landers, the course instructor, is a true professional of the field. What's more, he is the Teacher. I'm not exaggerating, he is the Teacher in nature. He explains everything in such a manner that everything gets straight to the skill level of unconscious mind, and you, as a student, are able to momentarily use that information in your everyday work.

Also, I'd love to mention here the brilliant team work that has developed the way of delivering the knowledge as effectively. Shootings, changing backgrounds, wallpapers, headlines, sound, slides, bullet points, voice instructions combined with simultaneous written information - to say the demeanor is perfect would be a great understatement. I can judge, since I've successfully lived through quite a number of courses not only on Coursera but also on Edx and have a lot to compare with.

I want to thank all of you, professionals, for such a delivery. And I strongly recommend every person anything interested in writing to join the course "Write Professional Emails in English" with Mr. Gerry Landers. Join the course unhesitatingly because it is worth finishing.

By Hites K

Jun 19, 2020

Hey Firstly, I sincerely Appreciate your guidance like you give me big opportunity to learn. I really enjoyed this course I thought it was well planned and layout for me to learn . the work load just enough so could properly finish everything with enough time learned about topics are not feel overloaded and rushed. Overall I really like this course because all vedio and Assignment are straight forward I got more knowledge from this course about Email like Email Format, how to shortly communicate a objective of email through email text body, I learned the discipline of Punctuation and Capitalization, also learned about the how to write greetings ,subject line and closing with according to message ( mood and emotions) of email, how to make a connectivity between subject line and Email Text body so there I'm so many things are learned and Explore. Hopefully, I can proper use them in real life to write a Professional Email.

Again , many many thanks for your guidance.

Thank you so much .

By Iryna S

In my opinion, course "Write Professional Emails in English" is very useful, it includes a lot of necessary information. On the other hand, this course is a quite concise and efficient. There is not overkilled information in the videos, they are clear and well structured. The tasks for control are creative and practical geared. There are numerous additional resources for deep learning of the subject. I am appreciative to the teacher – Jerry Landers who was highly professional, polite, and really positive person, as well as a beautiful lecturer. Thanks course team and fellow learners for quick feedback. I would like to recommend this course to other learners.

By Taslim A

Oct 28, 2019

Subject: Appreciation and thanks for assistant

Dear Professor Gerry Landers,

My name is Taslim Arif. I am from India.Recently, I received my Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and Engineering from Lovely Professional University. I would like to thank you and appreciate your effort that you put on this course. Please also assist me further. It was a great pleasure and blessing for me to learn from you. Certainly knowledge gained from this course is going to improve my email writing technique.

Thanks again.

Best wishes,

Taslim Arif

Xyz

By Aya M A E

Oct 09, 2019

the course is very good for beginners or who actually work . the course makes me more professional and improves my writing skills and the clients reply on my emails more than before. the course specifically strength some points such as : how to choose the subject line based on the content of the email and the introduction of your email is very important because the receiver will motivate to open and read your email when he find the right subject and your purpose of the email.

thank you for providing this awesome course

By AJ

Jun 12, 2020

It's an amazing course. I recommend this course to everyone. I can tell you from my experience that before attending this course I knew very few things about email writing but after completing it I have gained confidence in writing professional emails. Even if you know nothing about email writing, after completing this course you will be able to write any kind of email. I am really thankful to Mr. Landers, Georgia tech. and Coursera for providing such an amazing course. Thanks a lot.

By Georgios K

Mr. Landers thank you for your course. I can advice this course to everyone.

I would like to mention the three most important elements when I would be writing professional e-mails: 1) read and check before sending an e-mail, 2) the e-mail should have the following sections intro, development, and conclusion, 3) and be brief and clear. Last the best advice that I received was to keep my own language when I write an e-mail. This make the e-mail communication an authentic one.

By KANJI C

Mar 29, 2020

I have learned a lot from Coursera and grateful for my tutor and other mentors. Thank you Georgina Institute of Technology. I would recommend so many friends, family members to study online using Coursera site. This course has benefited me so much, I have corrected all the errors I would make while writing and replying emails. Looking forward to learning another course from this site. May the Lord bless you abundantly. Thank You! Best regards, Kanji Christine.

By Günter S

Apr 09, 2019

This course was helpful for me and I guess it would also be helpful for a couple of colleagues coming from 20 different countries. I felt a little bit unhappy not to know how peer reviews are selected that were offered to me. On the other hand I had to wait for necessary peer reviews even if I reviewed a lot more than needed. It might be a good idea to give those a prefereble chance to get a review that do a lot of peer reviews for others.

By Sumbal S

Jun 06, 2020

How interesting was the experience to learn the professional Email writing skills. After taking this course, it has increased my confidence in writing email. I appreciate your way of teaching and knowledge. It has enhanced my knowledge and capacity, and now i'm looking forward to resume my office again after the lock down situation, which i hope would come to an end soon.

Wishing best of luck to you and your team!

Sumbal Salamat

By Rossella N

Apr 24, 2020

I enjoyed this course, classes are short and they go straight to the point. Attention never falls. I have "taken away" many tips to improve the way in which I write my professional emails. Very interesting., very useful. I strongly recommend it. Last, but not least, the peer's reviewing assignments lead learners to engage, making efforts to express theirselves meeting people of different cultures. Five stars!

By Nusrat H

Jun 08, 2020

I am glad that I made a wise decision to enroll myself in this course "Write Professional Emails in English". Email writing is an important part of our daily work. I learned a lot from this Coursera course. I really appreciate our respected professor & mentors, appreciate the way of teaching with their effort, and providing us this valuable course. Looking forward to having more courses like this in Coursera.

By Adrosis N S S

very interesting course , simple and useful . I have learned different skills in writing emails in English , the different parts of email and how to write each part perfectly , what to do and what to avoid . Also , different cultures and communication based whether it's high context or low context communication . and many many other useful skills .

thanks Coursera and Georgia Institute of Technology teams .

By Yoselin K

Apr 29, 2018

Dear Gerry Landers,

Hello! My name is Yoselin Kilpatrick, I just want to thank you for all the information provided in this course. It is very useful, and congratulate you for the way you deliver the information, it is easy to understand. It has been a pleasure and a good experience to study the course.

Thank you very much for your time and help us improve our professional emails.

Sincerely,

Yoselin Kilpatrick

By MPEARSALL

Feb 02, 2017

Thank you very much. The course is a good source for Speakers of other languages and for anyone interested in writing better emails. I now tend to look at my emails twice (even three times) before sending. I also learnt not to add the recipient's email until I have read the content twice and made sure it is appropriate, polite and aims at what I'm sending it for. That was a good hint.

Maria Barreto