Back to Python for Genomic Data Science

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Python for Genomic Data Science by Johns Hopkins University

4.3

This class provides an introduction to the Python programming language and the iPython notebook. This is the third course in the Genomic Big Data Science Specialization from Johns Hopkins University....

KR
Jul 16, 2018

A very good course for its length and the amount of time it requires. It improved my python skills and knowledge of Genomics. I'm more engaged in my pursuits than before taking the course.

JD
Oct 6, 2017

Easy to understand and very powerful examples. Not just it made me familiar with python, it also made it easy for me to teach to my students and inspire them to pursue python further.

251 - 256 of 256 Reviews for Python for Genomic Data Science

By Catherine J

Not for a beginner as advertised

By Leo U

Sep 11, 2018

Incomprehensible.

By Yee G

Jun 19, 2020

The week 4 content is the worst. The lecturer just briefly explain the algorithm and expect us to answer the quiz and final exam which most of the question does not teach or even introduce in the lecture! Are they just assuming that we need to know bio module before taking this course? I thought this course is to introduce Python for genomic data science.

Next, there are few questions in the weekly quiz has the wrong format for the python code and has not been fixed since 4 years ago. No mentor replying the discussion question, only students discuss among themselves.

I have taken the Algorithm for DNA sequencing course and is way better than this course.

By HARSHIT J

Jun 30, 2020

The final project is very tough and requires an extensive background in Python Programming not at all suitable for beginners, and there was little to no help provided for the same via the course materials

By sundrish s

Aug 3, 2020

Frustrating!!!!!! The teacher is teaching from reading the content from the screen and No connection with the student. I had hard time understanding what teacher was saying. Dissappointing!

By 063 P J

Oct 31, 2020

Do not take if without programming experience