Back to R Programming

Learner Reviews & Feedback for R Programming by Johns Hopkins University

In this course you will learn how to program in R and how to use R for effective data analysis. You will learn how to install and configure software necessary for a statistical programming environment and describe generic programming language concepts as they are implemented in a high-level statistical language. The course covers practical issues in statistical computing which includes programming in R, reading data into R, accessing R packages, writing R functions, debugging, profiling R code, and organizing and commenting R code. Topics in statistical data analysis will provide working examples....

EJ

Jul 11, 2016

Excellent course! I already knew a lot about R - but this class helped me solidify what I already knew, taught me lots of new tricks, and now I have a certificate that says I know `something' about R!

WH

Feb 2, 2016

"R Programming" forces you to dive in deep.\n\nThese skills serve as a strong basis for the rest of the data science specialization.\n\nMaterial is in depth, but presented clearly. Highly recommended!

651 - 675 of 4,596 Reviews for R Programming

By Farah N

Nov 12, 2018

I am a big fan of Professor Roger! He is great! Somewhere I find motivation to work so much harder in the courses! Thank you Professor!

By Thomas S

Jan 23, 2017

I enjoyed the course. It challenged me more than I expected. Be sure to begin your assignments early. Don't wait until the last day!

By Vidar I

Jul 25, 2016

I highly recommend this course if you want to learn how to program in R. I'm new to programming and I found this course really helpful.

By Chelsea Y

Feb 24, 2016

Great courses design, assignments are much harder than things taught in video. The swirl lesson, though not required, is quite helpful.

By laurent h

Oct 25, 2020

The assignment is really key in the learning process, and this one was really good. I suffered quite a bit but learned so much! thanks

By Jose P F

Nov 22, 2016

Excellent course. I am currently studying a graduate course on Electrical Power Systems and intend to use this knowledge in my career.

By Mark M

Apr 10, 2016

I felt this course had the right amount of depth for the time provided. It wasn't overwhelming but was still deep enough to be useful.

By Rouholamin R

Nov 20, 2018

by following the course and being active in forum you can learn a lot about R programming and you'll be confident enough to code in R

By Paulo

Jan 30, 2017

Great introductory course to the R language. Nice challenges along the way, which made me research more details about the language.

By Orest

Jun 13, 2016

The course is very informative. I especially recommend the swril practice problems. Assignments serve well for learning the concepts.

By Diana I C C

Jun 20, 2021

I learned a lot, the assignments were challenging, but they helped me practice the concepts learned. It was really worth it. Thanks.

By José S

Mar 4, 2018

good course, But I would like to see something approaching codding more like production, or even projects, real life projects to in.

By Chenyu L

Jan 20, 2018

Thank you for all the instructors. Thank you for my classmates who help me grading my assignment.

I am so happy to attend this course

By Karthik Y

Mar 9, 2016

nice working with tools and i'm seriously loving to get to know more regarding data science. R programming helps to achieve my goal.

By mario s

Mar 2, 2016

Thanks so much for amazing course , I want to say that this course is more valuable to me and i love your teaching so much and Swirl

By Shujing Z

Jan 31, 2019

The course is challenging but worthy. The forum is a good place for me to discuss or view other people's problem and relative help.

By Umar P

Oct 8, 2018

Course was really helpful in understanding R Programming even for the students like me who didn't have any previous background in R

By Vipul P

Dec 20, 2020

Nicely explained the basic and few advance technique for R programming. It help to start my R programming work in Clinical domain.

By Judith W

Apr 18, 2020

The course covers a good overview of R, and offers a lot of training exercise that are immensely helpful, I thoroughly enjoyed it!

By Martin H

Oct 11, 2019

a great course, containing everything that is necessary for the upcoming courses or to start exploring more depth of R on your own

By Shahrokh N

Nov 22, 2017

This was an interesting course, but I would suggest to change (slightly) the format of the lectures. Supporting with more example.

By Herson P C d M

Nov 8, 2016

Excelente curso, me auxiliou e muito no aprimoramento das minhas habilidades com R. Estou maravilhado com as novas possibilidades.

By João V R L

Jul 18, 2020

Curso bem detalhado e prático. É possível ter uma boa ideia inicial da linguagem de programação realizando os projetos indicados.

By Indigo M

Nov 19, 2018

This was a very clear, easy to follow introduction to R. Swirl exercises were a great way to get some hands-on, guided practice.

By Joao B M

Nov 17, 2017

Very good course, I am learning about R programming in a friendly way, doing exercises and so on. Congratulations for the course.