Back to Recruiting, Hiring, and Onboarding Employees

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Recruiting, Hiring, and Onboarding Employees by University of Minnesota

Finding and hiring the right people is often cited as the number one concern of businesses today. It seems we are all competing for the best and brightest workers. As you will see in our time together in the second course, a critical component of the People Manager Value Proposition is to hire talented people who enable the organization to achieve its strategic goals. This course is an introduction into the topic of recruitment, selection and onboarding. At the outset of the course we will explore the importance of linking recruitment goals with overall company strategy. We then look at a number of options to recruit and select employees both effectively and legally. Throughout the course we will examine current issues in talent acquisition, such as how companies are now leveraging social media and hiring analytics to ensure better quality hires. At the conclusion of the course, we look at how to onboard employees to promote employee commitment and engagement....

KM

Nov 25, 2020

Great course to learn the theoretical background of HR management through practical applications. I highly recommend this course. Thank you all for the immense support provided throughout the course.

SB

Sep 7, 2017

It was amazing. Thoroughly enjoyed the entire bit of this course. Very interactive. Took a lot from this course. Very happy. Hoping to enroll for more courses in future. Thanks once again Coursera.

26 - 50 of 882 Reviews for Recruiting, Hiring, and Onboarding Employees

By Alexander H

May 26, 2022

Great introduction to the world of recruitment and HR. Concise and valuable info in the lectures. Although the course material is in need of some revision. Videos - Occasionaly poor sound and video quality - Long pauses Quiz Questions - In week 4, some of the questions are in need of formatting (long long blank spaces apear on many answer items) - Too easy? Peer graded assignments - No assignments on week 2 and 3? - Lack of qualified feedback on the assignments - A lot of "learners" handing in gibberish or "uigrhhber ehbg ehbfelkwm noiwe" which is kind of demotivating

By Junaid A K

Jun 14, 2022

Peer reviews were very hard to find.

By Farid R

Aug 22, 2016

WoW awful presentation but great instructor. I expected much more than this but :(

Leveraging employer brand is not compelete :\

By Ayah H A

Dec 8, 2016

I can't pass because you don't allow me submit my assignment and asked me to subscribe although this course is paid !!!

By Diu H

Mar 10, 2020

After working in Human Resources for nearly 3 years, this course helps me to organize all the knowledge with very detail factors as internal and external. Furthermore, I would like to say thank you so, Amy, Recruitment Lecture for all of her experiences and knowledge to sharing with classmate real cases. I'm not only gaining recruitment skills but also onboarding, which may affect to employee satisfaction and engagement. I love to join more courses on Coursera.

By Perisha P

Nov 21, 2021

I would say, Completely Great! Firstly I decided to took only one course(Recruiting, Hiring, and Onboarding Employees) however now I take whole course for HR because of education quality they provide

We all know online education is quite difficult because we can't find practical knowledge however In the beginning theoretical knowledge is also important and coursera provides the best way to share education to anyone, anywhere

Thank you!

By Gergana B

Jan 21, 2021

I was really impressed with the course. In addition to the clearly presented theoretical part, the lectures give many examples from real business and practice for Recruiting, Hiring, and Onboarding.

Tests and exams ask questions requiring not only information from lectures, but also critical thinking. The lecturers are wonderful professionals. Thank you for the opportunity not only to learn, but also to apply the processes fairly.

By Natsuko K

Mar 12, 2021

I was about to take over the Human Resource manager role to replace the current one. I did not want to start the role without any knowledge; I decided to take the specialization. I realized the satisfaction is not enough for employees to engage. I am about to hire one more employee under me. All parts will help me hire, but the onboarding process will help me prepare for the new employee. Thank you so much for the great course!

By Erick Y

Jul 26, 2021

This se really help me understanding the recruitment, selection, and onboarding process of HR. Especially when explaining about how important a structured interview is. This help me to know which criteria is important and which less important to consider during the selection process. What should and shouldn't asked during an interview are both also important. So that we could get the information that related with the job.

By Yheizzi U

Oct 13, 2021

It was very complete, highlighted the fact you can't lose the human in human resources and the importance of paying attention to those details that might make the difference during the recruitment process until they become new hires. Also, you want to make sure you truly understand why you are hiring that role and how having a plan established for those first 90days is crucial to ensure the success of the new hire.

By Samuel A

Apr 9, 2022

This course exposed me to so many things i did not know about recruiting, hiring and onboarding. It presents these topics as practical as possible so that transferring the knowledge and skills gained from this course into real life application is not difficult. I would recommend this course to anybody looking to start out in HR or any manager looking for better ways to handle recruitment, hiring and onboarding

By Daniela P

Nov 5, 2020

The material covered was good and the professor was very pleasant.

However the technical quality of the videos was not very good. The sound volume had variation from one clip to other, making it annoying to follow, especially with a head set ( either too low followed by too loud ). Also there are few videos that skip, the idea / phrase is cut in the middle before is finished and the other one starts.

By Anna L H C C

Jul 16, 2021

Very good course with very good teatchers, I loved the opportunity to interact with so many people around the world! It is a great course, very complete for people who are already in the HR area, but very understandble for people who are not in the area too! Very didatic and very good classes, I loved the teachers methods for teaching. I even think I want to work for Google now thanks to Amy hahaha!

By Rajes S

Oct 31, 2020

This course is really fantastic, no doubt. Enjoyed in a genuine sense. One thing would like to mention that voice quality of the video lectures should be improved. Sound level need to be equal at all stages of a single video lecture. It observed that at the beginning of each video lecture sound remains low for a few seconds or minutes then it increases suddenly and it happens with every lecture!

By Wonseon L

Aug 13, 2019

This is my first coursera class I completed. Even if I have never gone abroad to study my major or other job related fields. But i feel like going abroad and being a university student which is very very famous.I enjoyed and wil go on a sail for another career chance. it's very helpful even if I already have over 10 yrs of HR experiences in diverse indus

By Marina B

Jan 12, 2018

Very interesting programm of studies. Professors provide a wide understanding of Recruiting, Hiring and Onboarding area, they also give usefull advices and share their professional experience. Individual writing tasks help to learn even deeply every week's course. Absolutely recommend this course to everyone who is interested in HR Management.

By Mario V

Jun 24, 2018

Its a great starting point for any recruiter, and its also good for those looking to refresh core concepts. I wholeheartedly recommend this to future or now active recruiters. For those of you with ample experience, this is not a deep dive as some might expect, but I still found useful tips within the lessons that made it worth it.

By Muhammad W K

Dec 1, 2018

Well i am here to complete the all courses which are included in specification. I must say every teacher has his/her own style which i liked. I learn many things from this course which surely help me in Recruiting, Hiring, and Onboarding Employees. Special thanks to course instructors and all those who make this possible.

By MAURICIO C T

Dec 9, 2018

Excellent content, and explanation. This course makes the student much more confident to the HR in genneral. Even there are some different issues thata changes from a country to other, the content is very good. Thank you Mrs. Amy, Carlson School of Management, University of Minnesota and Coursera for this opportunity.

By Ana L A U

Aug 9, 2020

As a recently graduated student I really liked this course, learned a lot about the importance of having a good onboarding program for new employees. Teachers are great and have lots of experience. However, I do believe this course is for people who don't have much experience in the area, such as me! Loved it!

By Haresh M

Mar 23, 2017

Being away from family, loved ones or friends during their video doesn't mean that you can't send them . Creating a sentimental and well thought of present will help them to connect back to you. If you are planning out a special presentation, then considering a video is a simple way to send them.

By RAHUL J

Dec 3, 2018

very interesting and amazing course provided by coursera. I love the way all the instructor were teaching. I have learnt a lot of things through online videos and the assignment i have done as a homework. It increased my productivity as well as change my way of thinking towards Hiring process.

By harish n

Aug 1, 2022

Amy Falink & Stacy Doepner-Hove have shown immense expertise in teaching the recruitment, hiring & onboarding processes in the most simplest manner. Pursuing this course was equivalent to completing a full time MBA in HR. Kudos to Coursera & University of Minnesota for such a useful course.

By Khan S U

May 12, 2022

The course was really informative, as I am a learner from Pakistan, studying in the European Union, it gave me information about how to recruit, hire and onboard employees, and about the criterias. So the course was very useful for me, as I am able to share it on my LinkedIn profile too.

By Meghana k

Jun 23, 2020

I have learnt so many unknown facts through this course.I feel that I have gained enough knowledge to take better in my career. Explanation by Amy was crisp,content and very clear. The concepts were easily understandable and tests made me where I stand and what aspects to take care of.