Back to Writing in the Sciences

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Writing in the Sciences by Stanford University

AL
Jun 3, 2019

This was an amazing course that really helped me with my medical writing skills and understanding how making things clear for all audiences can help in spreading scientific knowledge across the world.

KK
Sep 14, 2020

Hello Kristin\n\nThank you for teaching me the basics of academic writing and editing with proper grammar. In this course, I was introduced to the scientific panel which further enriched my knowledge.

526 - 550 of 1,866 Reviews for Writing in the Sciences

By Chrisanna C

Feb 27, 2021

Exceptional course! Dr Kristin Sainani is an incredible instructor! The course material was detailed and provided all the tools to become a great scientific writer! This will help me in my field!

By Vickie R

Aug 11, 2020

As a creative writer this was a really great introductory course on writing technique, style, and format for the sciences. It will help me write better for clients who need more technical content.

By Pedro S

Aug 4, 2020

I found this course very good: well organized, covering a wide range of applications within the science writing scope and full of useful tips. I have learned a lot. Dr. Kristin Sainani, thank you.

By Muhammad A

Jul 13, 2020

Excellent course! Kept me engaged throughout with a well structured format. Everything was thoroughly explained. I find these lectures to be a useful resource for any person in a scientific field.

By Alaa M M

Jul 8, 2020

It's a very useful and rich course. I recommend it to all science learners. Thanks, Dr. Kristin Sainani for this content, thanks to Coursera and Stanford University for this precious opportunity.

By Candace S G

May 1, 2020

The instructor and course material were superb! Everything that I learned in this course will help me to advance in my career; from the research that I am currently conducting to future endeavors.

By Sònia B L

Jun 26, 2020

Un curso muy fácil de seguir, cómodo y flexible. He aprendido a escribir de manera más clara y hacer textos más comprensibles. Y saber lo que más valoran y agradecen los referees. Lo recomiendo.

By Vikram C J

An excellent course! Dr. Kristin is the teacher you wish you had in your institution. The course has a perfect structure that inculcates the writing principles in you without you even knowing it.

By Pooja V S

Dec 20, 2019

This is one of the wonderful course on Writing that I came across. I highly recommend this course to people who are interested in making their career in writing or prospective doctorate students.

By Yikanee S

Aug 21, 2020

Great information. I've had trouble with active writing since High School and this class clarified that issue. The last couple weeks are also motivating for writing for journals and grants. =)

By Barend K

Mar 5, 2020

Great course. especially the first few weeks are spot-on. Just all the writing tips I wish I'd gotten years ago. The second halve, for me (management science, not medical), isn't too applicable.

By U.R.P R

Aug 8, 2021

Of course. I'm really proud to say you all that I could be getting lots of things about how to write, communicate and improve my academic writing skills from following this course. Thank a lot.

By Bhavisha D

Jun 30, 2020

It helped me learn a lot. Christin maam has explained all the pointers very well for good writing. It helped me improve a lot. I am really thankful to Christin maam and coursera for this course

By Jonatan Z B P

Jun 30, 2020

A great course to help you relax and shave off pressure when writing scientific articles. It contains many great tips and ideas to write more efficiently and in a way that will attract readers.

By Neerja V

It was a great experience for me as it helped me to learn the skill of writing a scientific paper. The way Dr. Kristin explained the methods and presented the points of writing was spectacular.

By Elisabetta F

Dec 15, 2019

I'm an Italian Pharmacist and Medical Writer, so the subtitles have been very useful. I learned useful information about writing in the sciences, searching data and exposing results. Thank you!

By Aditi V

Dec 1, 2019

This is a fantastic course for people at any level of their science carrier. The knowledge I have gained here will help me in every writing foray - from grants to personal essays to blog posts.

By Jum'atil F

Apr 3, 2018

I started this course several years ago and stop. Two weeks ago I started again this course and I could finished it in two weeks. I found this course very helpful in improving my writing skill.

By JESSIELINA A

Aug 7, 2021

This course has helped me to develop the skills of writing, where to use jargon, how to write research article. How to write journals in an interesting way to increase the interest of readers.

By 尹 勇

Aug 23, 2020

this is the best course I've learned on the web and Dr. Kristin Sainani is a brilliant tutor I've ever seen. Thanks a lot, I will conclude my notes and improve my science writing step by step.

By Luz E S R

Oct 29, 2018

It is an excellent course. It has straightforward and useful tips to write in science. It is a helpful course for beginners and also for those with a little experience. I highly recommend it.

By Cheryl H

Dec 26, 2017

The professor was very good, personable, and rarely boring. The course covered a lot of area for editors, writers, scientists, and others who find themselves writing/editing technical papers.

By Zuzana S

I really enjoyed the course. It provided lots of insights into writing process not only for scientists. I gained a lot of knowledge and tips to be a more effective writer. Thank you so much.

By Sonika B

Exceptional Course! Learnt step by step writing of the sciences ranging from a research paper,a review article to science news stories .The inputs given must have taken years to assimilate.

By Viktoriia V

Jan 17, 2020

This course allowed me to understand my abilities. Thanks to the wide scope of topics, I was able to understand that I was dreaming of becoming an editor of a scientific journal. Thank you!