Back to Writing in the Sciences

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Writing in the Sciences by Stanford University

IA

Aug 25, 2020

A very helpful course. My writing has improved significantly in these 8 weeks. I highly recommend this course to everyone. Thank you Dr. Kristin Sainani and Coursera for bringing this course together.

SD

Feb 25, 2020

Respected Dr.kristiani sainani madam and coursera.

I thank you for the wonderful classes and presentations, it really didn't made me feel that i was learning online course but as in class learning.

626 - 650 of 2,245 Reviews for Writing in the Sciences

By Bhargavi R

Oct 3, 2021

Everything was crystal clear after each module, the homework exercises really improved my writing and grammar. Dr. Sainini provided excellent advice on how to make an article look engaging.

By Sonika B

Exceptional Course! Learnt step by step writing of the sciences ranging from a research paper,a review article to science news stories .The inputs given must have taken years to assimilate.

By Viktoriia V

Jan 17, 2020

This course allowed me to understand my abilities. Thanks to the wide scope of topics, I was able to understand that I was dreaming of becoming an editor of a scientific journal. Thank you!

By mahsa t

Mar 30, 2021

I feel like writing is much easier for me now. I wish to thank the dear teacher of this course with her joyful voice and permanent encourage us to moving forward and not afraid of writing!

By Eniola T

Mar 15, 2021

This course helped me to learn from the basics how to approach writing in the sciences and I found that I feel more confident when it comes to writing and understanding scientific writing.

By Isadora A

Oct 23, 2020

This course is amazing! In only 8 weeks I've learned not only how to write better, but also how to make the process less painful. Thanks Dr. Kristin and Coursera for this wonderful course.

By Pamela M

Apr 21, 2020

The course is very fruitful, exciting, and friendly to take. If you are starting your career in science, and you have not developed enough skills to write confidently, you must to take it.

By Ashwati N

Apr 19, 2018

It is a really good course for students who are just learning how to write scientific manuscripts. Moreover this course also covers other writings apart from scientific manuscript writing.

By Erika S

Mar 1, 2021

Really help me work on my wiring skills! Writing is certainly not my strength and this class helped me through all the types of writing I will face in my upcoming 3 years of my doctorate!

By Sarah

Jul 21, 2020

Thanks for the opportunity to be tutored by such an amazing professor, I think this course has transformed my writing abilities into a whole new level, and to that, I am forever grateful!

By Silvina M B

Jun 4, 2020

I really recommend doing this course because it is very complete in terms of content and also because it gives you the necessary tools to write research papers. I really enjoyed doing it!

By Zhe W

Jul 6, 2018

The key points in this course are quite clear and tips are useful. Wish every student could get some feedback from professors regarding to our writing. Many thanks to Dr. Kristin Sainani.

By Carlos A O P

Jan 25, 2018

A great course with concrete and specific guidelines that would help anyone to create better texts in the context of Science - not only journal articles but also pieces for the lay public

By Vasco F

Jan 19, 2022

Fantastic Course!

Dr. Kristin has created a fantastic course and she is a superb and engaging teacher. This course has already helped me to write much better reports at work. Five stars!

By Vicki H

Nov 25, 2021

A brilliant course. Well structured and aligned with my expectations and so much more. I would recommend this course to others who require assistant in academic or scientific writing.

By Jose I M

Sep 25, 2020

Dr. Sainani's course is carefully designed to cover all major aspects of Scientific writting. The course has some interesting challenges while still remaning entertaining and accessible.

By Hera C S B

Jul 20, 2020

Course was helpful and corrected a lot of mistakes I've been making. The instructor was clear and articulate, the arrangement of the lessons also followed a logical, easy-to-follow flow.

By Elianny D

Aug 3, 2019

I want to thank you Dr. Kristin Sainani and all presenters, for putting together such an amazing course. It was an incredible learning experience from start to finish. Thank you so much!

By Jessica T

May 3, 2018

This course has really helped me summarise scientific concepts and translate these for a lay audience. Would highly recommend for anyone looking to improve their overall writing ability.

By Katy F

Jul 28, 2022

This course was a great refresher on writing. Each section was informative and filled with a wealth of information. I know this course will be helpful in my upcoming graduate studies!

By Monica M

Mar 17, 2022

Excellent course! Writing in the Sciences is both practical and challenging - I have learnt so much more than I expected. Thank you for sharing your passion for writing with us Kristin!

By Estela B

Aug 18, 2020

I highly recommend this course to everyone who is interested, especially the beginners in the field. Dr. Kristin is very didactic and proposes interesting exercises. Thanks, Dr Kristin!

By Jorge H

Aug 7, 2019

Muy bien organizado y presentado, me ha motivado e inspirado mucho a seguir entrenando en el mundo de la investigación medica. Incluso he comprado varios libros recomendados en el curso

By Parul L

Jul 31, 2019

I really appreciate the content of this course. I learnt new things inspite being into medical writing for 1 year. I would definitely recommend this course to other medical writers too.

By Cindy L

Aug 16, 2018

While taking this class, I immediately noticed a difference in the quality of my writing. Even if you don't write papers on hard sciences (I study archaeology) the concepts still apply.