Back to Site Reliability Engineering: Measuring and Managing Reliability

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Site Reliability Engineering: Measuring and Managing Reliability by Google Cloud

This course teaches the theory of Service Level Objectives (SLOs), a principled way of describing and measuring the desired reliability of a service. Upon completion, learners should be able to apply these principles to develop the first SLOs for services they are familiar with in their own organizations. Learners will also learn how to use Service Level Indicators (SLIs) to quantify reliability and Error Budgets to drive business decisions around engineering for greater reliability. The learner will understand the components of a meaningful SLI and walk through the process of developing SLIs and SLOs for an example service....

EY

Apr 22, 2020

The course itself was great. It was a bit upsetting to see that many of the assignments submitted by our peers are mostly copy and paste from the lectures or direct copies from the examples...

PM

Jun 23, 2020

SRE is not 100% technical course like other cloud services ( VM Instances, Storage , Compute ...etc) . It is very well designed and explained . Very very interactive and thought provoking

76 - 100 of 135 Reviews for Site Reliability Engineering: Measuring and Managing Reliability

By Daniel V C

Jul 16, 2019

Very good

By Mohankrishna

Mar 25, 2020

Good

By Midila G Z

Jan 21, 2020

Good

By Aleksei Z

The course gives the mixed impression. First, the explanation and the terms are very easy to grasp. But soon the examples and assessments start to be too software developer specific.Being not-programmer I had to urge all of my discipline not to quit the course, to understand the given topics and prepare the satisfactory results.

It was mentioned in the other feedback that some of the users are trying to make it easier just to copy and paste the material, but the assesments made in such a way, that it will not bt the correct answer - you have to think and apply some efforts to make to the end.

As the overal result the goal is achieved, I can participate in the discussions about SRE and even use the given approach to another realms.

By Parth

Oct 14, 2019

I can confidently say that after completing this course, I can work on designing SLO/SLIs for services in my organization. The assignments are very practical and depict real problems. The only issue I have is that the video lectures are very densely packed with theoretical statements and less examples making it hard to keep up with them and follow.

By Felix G

Sep 05, 2019

The PostMortem task puzzled me the most, as it came a bit from nowhere, but I really enjoyed the overall course and learned a lot about reliability, risk analysis, and SLO, SLI and SLA. It improved my view on my tasks in professional life a lot! Great course!

By Pavlos R

Jul 13, 2019

Great course overall. I would highly recommend it to my peers.

As feedback, I would suggest elaborating a bit more on the expectations of the Risk Analysis Spreadsheet, it's a powerful tool but I think not enough time has been dedicated to introducing it.

By Alex L

Nov 10, 2019

Great course, I like the idea of the peer reviews, however, I think the instructions on some assignments needed to be clearer. What would be a great addition is to also get feedback from the instructors on things to improve / think about.

By Geoff W

Mar 14, 2019

It's a very good course and I learned a lot. I'm only giving 4 stars because some of the quizes were "rough around the edges" as far as being able to study enough to get the highest grade. Mabe this will get better in future iterations.

By Abhishek R

May 14, 2020

This is must for all the team starting their SRE journey. With very simple Video and example you will get to know the details of the SRE concepts. The assessment will give you a good chance to implement the learning.

By Shubharangsu P

Jun 08, 2020

The Couse was very good and informative . Only improvement needed I think should be the quality of the recording . It was very fast in some instance and voice quality was distorted

By Edoardo

Feb 16, 2019

Most of the course is very nice, just a couple of quiz are not well though. Is surely a very good resource for everyone try to understand and verify their SRE knowledge.

By Yegor

Jun 06, 2019

Content is great. I mark course as 4/5 because it seems that teachers simply read text from paper and this really complicates understanding information.

By Shrirang M

Mar 02, 2020

Fantastic course. Make many more in the DevOps area and make them regular to refresh the learning with new concepts that keep on changing.

By deryl s

Feb 24, 2020

They need better instructors. Especially that bald big Asian guy. he was going super fast and was hard to follow.

By Peter J B

Oct 15, 2019

The course was informative and explained the process and language around SLI SLO methodology very well.

By POGALA S

Mar 13, 2020

Information and practical knowledge on this course provided was very helpful and understandable.

By Stakshi J G

Feb 29, 2020

Concepts clearly described in easy way with example driven approach. Sure is a good course

By Owais Z

Jul 19, 2019

Good Course. I would like to see a capstone project and more sample examples to work with

By Nuresh B B

Mar 19, 2020

This course is more realistic for support projects and it's very useful in BFSI sector.

By Aaron C

May 19, 2019

Pretty nice, homework helps me a lot to understand how to design an SLO and SLI.

By Marco A

Sep 30, 2019

Interesting things to know. Important concepts, not too difficult.