Back to Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone by Georgia Institute of Technology

Do you want to speak better English? This course will help you reach that goal. Speak English Professionally: In person, Online and On the Phone will boost your English speaking skills. In this 5 week course, you will learn how to identify and make a strong personal introduction. You will develop and demonstrate the speaking skills for group discussions: how to agree or disagree, how to clarify, restate and summarize. You will review and practice how to give information and respond to requests on the phone. You will study and role play effective interviewing. You will prepare and give a sales “pitch”, introducing a product or service. Throughout the course, you will adjust how you speak English and you will become more fluent and accurate when you speak. You will demonstrate culturally appropriate body language and tone. As you work through the course, you will complete self- and peer-evaluations. Through a combination of lectures, comprehension and vocabulary quizzes, practice and performance, you’ll gain the skills and confidence to communicate well in English, anywhere in the world. By the end of this course you will: • Change how you speak English • Improve your pronunciation and fluency • Increase your English vocabulary • Identify how culture influences your speech • Use culture to help you speak correctly • Demonstrate the best body language for different cultural settings • Know statements, questions and responses for different settings and situations...

NM
May 2, 2020

I've benefited a lot by pursuing this course. Small pronunciation and word stress has been cleared. I would suggest non-English speakers to take up this course to enhance their English language skill.

GL
Jun 4, 2020

very useful. i liked and enjoyed the journey of learning in these five weeks. the instructor is very clear and taught very interestingly. Thanks to her. she looked poised and cheerful and professional

126 - 150 of 2,415 Reviews for Speak English Professionally: In Person, Online & On the Phone

By Salman P

Jun 2, 2020

Excellent course , organised by Georgia institute of technology it help to improve communication skills on the phone, during interview, during video conferencing.i learnt lot from this course and invite you to join and improve your communication skills.

By Urvashi S

Oct 1, 2020

This is my first time learning online but I enjoyed it a lot. The learning of public speaking and telephone speaking becomes quite easy with such a course, Thanks to the professor of course. I am looking forward to more courses from the same institute.

By Phiradawadee T

It's wonderful time to learn this course. I see my improvement and more confident in Speaking English. Thank you instructors and course mates. I appreciate your effort. Hope you will have bright future and shine in your own way. Good luck. Thank you.

By Md I U

it was really fun to learn with Amalia B.Stephens. She is an amazing teacher,no doubt about that. I really enjoyed the full course with her.Hope that ,one day I will attend her class physically.Lots of love and respect to her.

Iftekhar

Dhaka,Bangladesh

By Jansenio A

Jun 5, 2020

I enjoyed this course. It was aesthetically pleasing, Many thanks to Amalia B. Stephens (instructor), Leah Attruia (presenter), my peers, Georgia Tech, Coursera, and all the team behind this project. I would recommend it. It's easy, fun, and useful.

By Maria L V V

Nov 15, 2020

I really recommend this course to all people who is working. This is really useful topic that needed to acquire each employee especially to whose working an office. A very helpful way to development our skills in talking and writing professionally.

By Cristi�n A G

Sep 5, 2020

Excellent course! I improved word stress, sentence stress, intonation, pronounciation, vocabulary, and fluency. Also, the course provides tips to use in situacions like short conversations, phone calls, meetings, interviews, pitchs/preseentations.

By Corazon C S

Nov 29, 2020

This course is really a great help for me. It develops my confidence in speaking English professionally over the phone, online, and in person. It also corrects my pronunciation and tone of voice. Thank you Georgia Tech and all the Instructors.

By Rashid.M

Jun 5, 2020

You are awesome, you have been providing great communication skill to everyone irrespective of their resident, you have touched all the faces which may occur difficult when speaking,thank you geogia and thank you so much all the mentors behind.

By Hakan E K

Dec 7, 2016

I really appreciated for all your effort to created this classroom.This classroom helped me so much;in addition to this experience I am also very happy to attend your classroom.I have upgraded my confidence since I started to take this classroom.

By kr c p

May 9, 2020

They way they communicated and passed on information on everything is crisp and clear. Every individual with basic English proficiency can also improve his/her English within 6 weeks time. Thank you helping me to improve my communications skills

By Renniel M Y

May 1, 2020

I'd like to commend the creator/s of this course. I definitely learned a lot on improving my skill in speaking English professionally.

My recommendation is to give more sample and exercises for this course in the future. All in all, Good Job!

By Ojukwu G C

Jul 15, 2020

This course is great but I do not think it's ok to make non-English speakers of English speak English like English people. We have our accents and it's OK for it to be that way. We can't speak English perfectly; in terms of pronunciations.

By Casey M

Sep 29, 2018

I truly enjoyed learning how to communicate more effectively in different professional scenarios. The videos kept me engaged and gave me valuable information. Thanks to Georgia Tech for offering this online course with such high standards.

By EVGENII P S

Oct 2, 2020

I have really enjoyed to take this course and got to know more information about my second language which is English. I have gained a new knowledge about pronunciation, professional listening and having a productive business conversation.

By Luis A C R

May 13, 2016

The professors are great and the idea of the curse too, they help you with the starting chat and through the personal introduction but i would like it to go a little bit further because professional discussions are more than basic phrases

By BOBIN G B

Jun 2, 2020

Very good course... It was really useful to know about word stress and rising and falling tones.. And pronunciation of words ending with - ed & - es et cetera..

Simple and easy to understand. Save the videos for future references.

By NAGENDER C

Apr 15, 2020

This course is very useful to me as I need to communicate with my students fluently ,effectively.The course instructor is so skilful and explained very good. thanks to the Georgia Institute of Technology and the course instructor.

By José A E C

Jul 30, 2020

I recoomend this course, I really like it. I learned a lot of new things so for me it was very helpful, I am not a native of the United States and this helped me to better understand how to improve my pronunciation and intonation.

By Muhammad B

Mar 15, 2016

Brief, to the point, and very useful tips for enhancing your professional language skills so quickly. I never thought this to be so easy but I really appreciate the simplicity of presentation to learn very novel skills.

Many Thanks

By Najma K S

Sep 23, 2020

The lecturers were super calm when they are explaining, the course itself use many direct practice using audio, and it helps me listen to my own pronunciation and review using others feedback on my assignments. Thank you so much!

By Swati

Sep 21, 2020

Great course, provided with some basic knowledge and skills to improve communication skills. Highly recommend it. Thanks to the instructor for easy learning and Coursera for providing such a great platform to enhance your skills.

By nica o

Oct 24, 2020

This course very challenge to all to from the start and until the end of this course and also I learn more how to communication to other how to speak right and clearly thank you hope I enroll again to this course soon God bless

By Valentina M R

Aug 3, 2020

this course is wonderfull , easy to understand, i took my lesons in many different places without problems, they made an amazing didactic material and by the way it´s a funny and nice way to learn, congratulations, amazing job.

By Ixchel P

Aug 28, 2020

¡Me encantó el curso! Aprendí bastante sobre cómo actuar en situaciones laborales con el idioma inglés y sobre todo, mejoré bastante mis habilidades en la lengua. La instructora fue muy amable y el curso muy ameno. ¡Excelente!