Back to Summary Statistics in Public Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Summary Statistics in Public Health by Johns Hopkins University

Biostatistics is the application of statistical reasoning to the life sciences, and it is the key to unlocking the data gathered by researchers and the evidence presented in the scientific literature. In this course, we'll focus on the use of statistical measurement methods within the world of public health research. Along the way, you'll be introduced to a variety of methods and measures, and you'll practice interpreting data and performing calculations on real data from published studies. Topics include summary measures, visual displays, continuous data, sample size, the normal distribution, binary data, the element of time, and the Kaplan-Meir curve....

EC
Sep 22, 2020

I found this course really useful. It actually made you do work and it wasn't necessarily easy to pass the end of module content, which I feel made the course so much more valuable. Highly recommend.

AB
Apr 23, 2020

I am glad to learn a lot of terms in statistics and how to use and interpret them in the context of Public Health researches. The Instructor provided enough examples to understand the lessons better.

51 - 75 of 298 Reviews for Summary Statistics in Public Health

By victor g g

Oct 17, 2020

Very interesting course that allows you to work on some of the contents of biostatistics. It is very well explained and the training platform is agile and comfortable.

I enjoyed it a lot. I will make another one.

By M.C. D D

This course helped solidify statistical strategies (the basis of them) in epidemiology. I enjoyed the length of the video lectures and felt assessments were appropriate and fair. I highly recommend this course.

By samantha m

Jun 29, 2020

Will be starting my MPH in a few weeks and wanted to get some review as well as practice with online courses in the case that courses are moved online at some point during the semester. Really helpful review!

By Sarah A

Jul 9, 2020

it was a wonderful course. I was able to learn a lot and apply my understanding on real-life studies. I can now not only read scientific papers but also interpret the results and understand what they mean!

By Denis R

Very clear and concise explanations of the basic statistical concepts. I would highly recommend this course to anyone wishing to brush up on their statistics knowledge or as an introduction into the field.

By Hosam M G A

Aug 4, 2020

This course in Summary Statistics is strongly rich in its material and the instructor elaborates and explains many examples to make the points easily understood. I recommend it to all learners interested.

By nuzhat h

Aug 7, 2020

I really enjoyed doing the mathematical problems. It was helpful in doing graphical and mathematical interpretations practice. I also got experience in handling various public health data.

Thank youuu..

By Natasha N

Jun 2, 2020

This course is a well designed one for summary statistics. The instructor, Dr. John McGready is exceptional at simplifying the concepts. The clarity provided is good. Glad to have this for my revision.

By Aedrian A

Jan 11, 2021

This is a good and enticing introduction for the rest of the Coursera Specialization where it belongs. For added value, consider taking this course with a biostatistics textbook for better retention.

By Emma C

Sep 23, 2020

By Amster F B

Apr 24, 2020

By Daniela A M

Dec 6, 2020

The professor´s passion for the subject really kept me motivated, the explanations were clear, the course was fun and fulfilled all my expectations and more. Thank you so much for this opportunity

By Mohamed K M

Jul 2, 2020

Although the videos may seem long but i like the way Dr. McGready go through each point by example uses a real paper published , i will go through the whole course absolutely. thanks Dr.McGready

By Tochukwu N

Mar 26, 2020

Very good course! Lectures were easy to follow and gave great examples! Would highly encourage taking this course if you are looking for a biostatistics course or even to refresh your memory!

By Maxwell A

Jun 3, 2020

The course has strengthen my understanding on the basics of statistics. I also wish they will include the training on the use of statistical software for analysis. Thank you team cousera

By Piyawat K

Mar 28, 2021

This course isn’t bad, but it is far from the word summary statistics in public health. It’s too short, and it also doesn’t involve some of practical biostatistics of public health.

By Abhimanyu S

Oct 18, 2020

I am grateful for having the oppurtunity to access and learn from Dr John McGready. He was instrumental in helping me relate seemingly arbitrary mathematical constructs to real life

By MD M H

Mar 30, 2020

At the beginning of the online courses, I thought, perhaps it will be easy. True to say, once I am working on the assignment and course projects. It is really tough and challenging.

By Ulrick S K K

Jul 6, 2019

Great course. The lecturer makes things so easy to understand. I love that there are additional examples available. I will definitely recommend this course to everyone in healthcare

By Vicente P M

Really useful course to remember basic concepts and learn new ones. Dr. John McGready is quite a good teacher and also a funny one. Looking forward to do more of his courses.

By Adnan A

Apr 8, 2020

A quick summary about the basic concepts involved in summary statistics for public health. It helped me to understand the vocabulary used in many health related publications.

By Juan D L R

Jul 28, 2019

Extremely good course on biostatistics. The lecturer is able to explain the content in a such a way that every new concept builds on other concepts previously explained.

By Staliarova N

Nov 10, 2019

The course is extremely well structured. The content is amazing, additional examples at the end of each lection are such an asset. I'm so happy that I took this course!

By Jessica M

May 5, 2020

This course was a bit more challenging than I anticipated, but because my work exposes me to similar scenarios and topics, I felt better equipped to figure it out.

By Sarah C

Oct 29, 2020

Thought it was very well explained and the professor was excellent. I wish there was more practice embedded between the lecture as you went through the material.