Back to Responsive Website Basics: Code with HTML, CSS, and JavaScript

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Responsive Website Basics: Code with HTML, CSS, and JavaScript by University of London

In this course you will learn three key website programming and design languages: HTML, CSS and JavaScript. You will create a web page using basic elements to control layout and style. Additionally, your web page will support interactivity. At the end of the course, you will be able to: 1. Define the purpose of HTML, CSS and JavaScript 2. Make a simple web page using HTML 3. Use CSS to control text styles and layout 4. Use CSS libraries such as Bootstrap to create responsive layouts 5. Use JavaScript variables and functions 6. Manipulate web page content using JavaScript 7. Respond to user input using JavaScript In this course, you will complete: 2 assignments writing HTML, CSS and JavaScript, each taking ~1 hour to complete 4 quizzes, each taking ~20 minutes to complete 1 programming exercise~30 minutes to complete multiple practice quizzes, each taking ~5 minutes to complete Participation in or completion of this online course will not confer academic credit for University of London programmes....

DA
May 26, 2018

This is an excellent course for the basics in html, css and js I would definitely recommend it to anyone who wanted to build a simple but interactive website using one of the many frameworks available

CM
Oct 10, 2017

Thought the course did a great job of teaching the basics without getting too ahead of itself. All of the sample code was well commented out to explain exactly what the code did which was very helpful

1101 - 1125 of 1,547 Reviews for Responsive Website Basics: Code with HTML, CSS, and JavaScript

By RAJA R Y

Apr 20, 2020

good

By Ibrahim E H

Jan 9, 2020

GOOD

By Ibrahim T K

Oct 26, 2019

good

By Karthikeyan R

Sep 30, 2019

Good

By Abhishek K C

Aug 29, 2019

best

By AbdulRahman H K

May 22, 2019

good

By NITHYANANTHAM.R

Feb 7, 2019

good

By Võ G

Dec 13, 2016

Good

By ShiAi

Oct 5, 2016

good

By Mai M

Mar 27, 2016

Apr 6, 2017

E

By Panagiotis G

Jul 31, 2017

It is a very good introductory course to HTML, CSS and JavaScript as well as libraries Bootstrap and jQuery.

However, it does not leave you with a feeling of mastery in any of these technologies. That's to be expected, of course, in the amount of time the course gives you the practice you will have done will not be much. It still must be pointed out that there is not much detailed explanation to the things going on, especially in the JS side of things as a lot of JS elements like arrays and DOM manipulation are completely left out. Hints have been left about these crucial subjects being taught in later courses of the specification but if you are looking to learn in depth/ advanced JS you're better off skipping this course.

The assignments are easy to complete and quite thoroughly explained and give you a good place to start off in order to understand web technologies and responsive design. Overall it gives what it promises and is delightful in its implementation.

By James B

Jun 26, 2018

The lessons are really good. They are well presented and give a solid foundation in modern web design. I'm coming from a Java programming background and I found all of the information really helpful. The assessments do let the course down however. The quiz sections are pretty good with the exception of a couple of odd questions. But the peer review assessments are terrible. For week 3 the course is all about an introduction into Javascript and Jquery. Yet the peer review exercise is nothing more than amending some HTML code to change how images display. A trivial and totally irrelevant task.It is a real shame as the lack of care and thought put into the practical exercises somewhat undermines an otherwise solid course.

By Maksym S

Nov 16, 2015

I'm not completely new to html and even javaScript, but I've read the eloquent Javascript book and was left with a bag of knowledge quite detached from the reality ... What this course does is focussing on the application side of required/acquired knowledge.

The course covers terminology and shows some basic examples, while for the rest, including the homework, expects learners to go and google. It is sort of guided self-learning process, which I'm more than comfortable with.

I don't give the course 5 starts only because I suspect, that people, who are completely new to the subject, would find it difficult to stay motivated. I even think that rather bold anonymous function introduction will be a show stopper for many.

By michael s

Nov 3, 2015

HTML and CSS were stellar explanations. Matt really has a knack for adding humour to his lecture that kept me engaged and helped me understand as well. Cheers.

The JS portion though was rough. I felt like Marko has an incredible amount of knowledge but the method of the lecturers, content, and layout was hard to grasp on a first-time go. I had to re-watch every lecturer in the JS and I still am having problems...It's obviously a difficult language though and I'm honestly not sure if there actually IS an easier way to teach it. Marko's enthusiasm really showed though, so it helped keep me coming back for more punishment~

Great job all around to everyone! Really good beginner course.

By Xueli T

May 11, 2016

A short course consists of basic knowledge about HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. Little jQuery material is also included. It is a great course for me to review my knowledge in this area.

I am not sure if this course contains enough knowledge for the beginners. Also more practical and guided assignments are needed. It will be great if the teacher includes a "Recommended Book" section, as shown in HTML, CSS, and Javascript for Web Developers course (https://www.coursera.org/learn/html-css-javascript-for-web-developers/supplement/8VeLb/recommended-books) .

By Vijai K S

Jan 19, 2016

Not very thorough in my opinion. I would suggest students to finish the web design for everybody course first. It deals with the most important issues of web design such as accessibility, DOM and a lot more CSS in a good depth. This course kind of brushes up the surface and jumps straight to Bootstrap. This would not really be of much help to a beginner. I presume the courses in the rest of the specialization offer a good bit of explanation atleast. This would be a good course for anyone who wants to simply get things done though :)

By Laurent L

Apr 2, 2016

I liked the course a lot and learned the basics of html, css and javascript. My main suggestions for improvement would be to extend the course over 8 weeks and spend more time on each subject. I also believe that if we were asked to do an assignment per week (so 8), it would have pushed us to deepen our understanding of the subject matter. That said, I very much enjoyed the course. I also love coursera and the work of all schools that participate with them. Thank-you and keep up the excellent work and valued effort !

By Valery M

This course is an amazing introduction to web programming. It is surprising how much you can learn in just four weeks. My only complaint is how steep the learning curve is, in week three I (and many other of my course-mates) did not understand some of the concepts we were being taught. The teachers always assume you will continue with the specialization, and say things like "this will be taught in more detail later on".

Besides that, it was great and I totally recommend it.

By doug c

Dec 27, 2015

Esta bien para comenzar, pero muchos de los contenidos que se necesitan saber para completar tareas y quizes no aparecen en los videos y al investigar cada tema el tiempo real que en el que se termina el curso se extiende, quiza sea de lento aprendizaje, pero lo ideal seria incluir los contenidos necesarios para llevar a cabo las tareas. Pero aun asi le doy cuatro estrellas porque aprendi bastante aunque tuve que ajustar las fechas limites 2 veces seguidas.