Back to International Women's Health and Human Rights

Learner Reviews & Feedback for International Women's Health and Human Rights by Stanford University

This course focuses on women’s health and human rights issues from infancy through old age, including information about positive interventions relating to those issues. Learners are encouraged to interact with each other through interactive discussions. It is important to us that this course be available to all learners. We encourage you to apply for Coursera's financial aid (see link to left) if the cost of the course certificate is difficult for you to afford. Please note that you may view all materials in this course, and participate in it, without purchasing a certificate. The course was co-created by Consulting Professor Anne Firth Murray and Kevin Hsu. Anne Firth Murray is the Content Director of the course; Kevin Hsu is the Design Director of the course....

MC

Mar 03, 2019

This course is very complete, professors and collaborators can provide extremely important information to your learning regarding women Human Rights.\n\nI also appreciated all the resources available.

RJ

Sep 03, 2019

I love the content and the wealth of knowledge this course has brought to my conscious. Very informative and interesting. Many different platforms for learning; reading, videos to watch or listen to.

51 - 75 of 241 Reviews for International Women's Health and Human Rights

By Medhavi V

A very well written and resourceful program which will display both the sides of the world and will also give a overall view of the current state of woman's education, health and many other aspects drawn in their journey of life.

By MANISHA J

Jun 24, 2020

I had a great learning experience. I would like to thank Anne Firth Murray ma'am and other authors for providing such helpful videos and readings. I am sure that this course's certificate will definitely add stars my profile.

By Meg B

Aug 24, 2020

This class was very informative and wide-ranging, delving into issues that face women across the spans of their lifetimes, and with a focus on women and girls in developing countries. I learnt a lot and enjoyed the course.

By Macarena S G

Jun 28, 2020

I highly recommend this course for anyone interested in learning about health through a social sciences perspective. Great course to get an insight on international affairs, community health, activism and public policies.

By Theresa F S

Jun 30, 2020

This was a very good course! I learned a lot knowledgeable information I could us in my job. I would highly recommend this course to anyone who is interested in the well-being of women's health and human rights.

By Gayle C

Nov 07, 2017

Excellent course content and variety of written and video material. I found the course mentally tough due to the nature of the subject but it can be no other way if this topic is to be presented truthfully

By Patience I

The course was really interesting and interactive. I gained alot that will help me in my career.

Thanks to Coursera, Stanford University, Anne Firth and the whole team the enabled us to access this course

By Clare U

Aug 17, 2020

This class was very engaging and had a wide variety of learning resources, from videos to readings. The assignments were very straight forward and allowed me to apply the knowledge I learned every week.

By Cristina O I

Aug 16, 2020

Excellent the course, I really liked all the topics that were addressed. I ended up very happy with all the learning acquired and getting to know many cultures and ways of working by women in the world.

By Raissa R

Aug 31, 2020

Fantastic learning experience. Quite comprehensive curricula, very simple though profound contents, reliable expertise-based curatorship and coordination by Ann Murray Firth. Thank-you so much!

By Rosalind M

Jul 30, 2020

A very enlightening, interesting and well-structured course that provides an excellent overview of human rights and inequality for women, and what can be done to overcome the issues raised.

By Maria A S

Aug 10, 2020

Incredibly informative, insightful and well composed. Professor Murray is a pleasure to listen to and the diverse group of women she interviews throughout the course are truly inspiring.

By Diwakar K

Jun 24, 2020

Its a highly informative and amazing reading journey with mesmerizing literature. It will surely make one question a lot of issues and thematic area in Women's Rights and Health Issues.

By Libe A

Sep 26, 2017

Thrilled to see that this type of content is finally in Coursera. It is a topic that I believe is vital to cover and I hope that similar courses will soon be available in this platform.

By Luminita G

Mar 06, 2020

It was a great experience, and I learned more than I hoped for! Very well organized, incredible readings and speakers. I fully recommend this course for anyone who believes in justice.

By Pamela Z

Aug 06, 2020

Excellent!! Every woman, anyone who identifies with the female gender must take this course and realize their freedoms and rights and how much more they can help with this platform!

By Catalina L

Dec 02, 2018

I will recommend this course very much. I liked how it gives you a wide idea of the main issues regarding women. I would however recommend more readings on Latin America. Thank you!

By Karla P Q

beautiful, empowering and realistic. It was painful to know the reality of women in the world but I appreciate the knowledge I gained and how my reality impacts. Greetings friends!

By Afreen A A

Jan 06, 2020

A very informative and fun course. It really helped me a lot as a law student. Inspired and rejuvenated, I plan to write a research paper. the instructor is specially fantastic!

By Marcela d P

May 06, 2019

Great course! The readings and lectures are very interesting and it tries to cover every single relevant issue related to women's health and rights. I have really enjoyed it!

By Aisling M

Jul 02, 2018

Really interesting and stimulating. Defienetly makes you think differently about the world and womens rights from the very first week. Would absolutely recommend to everyone!

By Paulo R V P

Nov 28, 2017

Excellent course, with a lot of information about women's health and human rights in the international context. The course develops skills on human rights advocacy, too.

By JOHN Q

Jan 15, 2018

IN THIS ERA OF EQUAL RIGHTS ACTION AND AWARENESS (HOPEFULLY) THIS IS AN IMPORTANT COURSE. MY THANKS TO ALL WHO HAVE WORKED TO MAKE THIS COURSE TOPICAL AND AVAILABLE.

By Aastha G

Jun 01, 2020

This course was extremely enriching, engaging and insightful. I would highly recommend it for anyone involved in social work, political or social science, health etc.

By Prachi B

Jul 23, 2020

Amazing and really changed my perspective and learnt so many new things of injustice on women. This motivates me to do good work for women and spread the awareness